Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dead or Alive Ultimate

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Dead or Alive Ultimate Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, this game is awesome from when I put this game in my Xbox I saw the opening movie and it like blew me away, so does anyone have any thoughts or comments about this game.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate -nay, loathe - the dead or alive series and wish that the producers of it could have more original ideas than, y'know, "more boobs." Everything in DoA is pretty much lackluster stealing from other, better fighters, IMO. Coupled with it's "All boobies, all the time" approach, I see nothing worth playing - though to be fair, I suspect I'm not dead or alive's target audience.

And to be fair, I haven't played the game since the first 2; it could very well have improved. But I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from it, and I have no desire to even try to play it again.

I do hope they at least fixed the broken reversal system. That thing was so broken in the second one it wasn't even funny. "Oh, look, I pressed a button and reversed your attack - and took off seventy five percent of your health. Well, ain't that something."

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know why, but I really like the DOA games. I find them strangely fun. Ultimate is crap though. It's basically DOA2 redone for the second time. I'd rather go buy DOA3 for less than twenty bucks and get Hayate and Christie than pay fifty for a game I already have on PS2.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being an extremely great beat'em'up fan and player, I would say that the Dead or Alive games (mostly referring to Dead or Alive 3) are great, what an excellent achievment by Tecmo. I'm not too sure about Dead or Alive ultimate because I haven't got it... for those of you Dead or Alive haters... Why?

It has the graphics, don't test this you know it, admit it. I have done plenty of games work and inlooks to the reviews previews and gaming industry and personal reviewing, I'd say the graphics in times that the Dead or Alive series produces is second to none. compare it to the likes of Tekken five... almost Equal, the only difference is Tekken 5 uses a new program for their characters and designs and it's just coming out recently so the graphics on it would obviously have to be improved which is a tiny bit better than the Dead or Alive graphics.

Secondly, the gameplay. Okay for Tekken fans... the gameplay is great, same with the Soul Calibur (can't miss that out much... apart from the fact that it includes weapons...) but heres where it goes wrong, button responds are rather slow and makes you wait for a certain time before pressing the next button to execute a move by around half a second leaving you open for an attack from the enemy, what i'm saying is the button response ain't as good as expected. Dead or Alive on the other hand has decent responce... same with Soul Calibur.

The Game speed... now this is a major one as well. Tekken is S-L-O-W... believe me when I say this, it is the slowest fighting game you can get now a days. Soul calibur is average and Dead or Alive is above average. your probably thinking, we don't want it too fast so it's Dragonball Z. but speeds makes it intense and speed gives it that sense of power behind every punch, behind every solid kick. Teken seem to be building up their speed in fighting but very slowly. Dead or Alive's speed is just right, not perfect but it's just a tad bit away from it.

In terms of unique things, Tekken has it all... Robotic characters, cyborgs, an old man who can't stand up and insane creature designs and monster designs. They have great streets of rage like modes...what was it called... umm... oh yeah Tekken Force Mode. Tekken bowling, Tekken Beachball and that. So Tekken wins in the variety department no arguments about that. Soul Calibur has the advantage over being able to use weapons, and fists fights. Dead or Alive however seems to be strictly fighting... there was actually a campaign that I joined to try and make the makers of the Dead or Alive series add some minigames to the strcit fighting genre to have more of a variety... but ended up getting a reply saying that they intened for it to be strictly fighting and they would want it to stay that way.... What a worthless scum!

So to conclude this (yet another) review like reply, I would say that Tekken is for people who enjoy an ok fighting game, but with extra features and most importantly... History. Dead or Alive is for people who want a quality fighting game, no messing around and no bitching, just action all the way. Soul Calibur is for a bit of both, gerat fighting and a unique little variety. I would mention the other fighting games such as the up coming 'SNK VS CAPCOM : SVC CHAOS' or fighting games such as Mortal Kombat : annihalation , deadly alliance and lots, lots more... but I want to keep this brief for a while unless someone still objects. I definately understand if you say it's in your opinion simply because no one is the same... my review is my opinion mixed with literally hundreds of others and it takes ages to review all the fighting games and do some work on them and when it comes to games reviewing... i am serious.

anyway just to keep the thread on track... I haven't played it but i'm looking forward to testing it (i'm in the UK, it hasn't come out in this disgraceful country yet...) but I will also look forward to reviewing this title and maybe a little bug testing won't hurt... reporting them that is...hehehe :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: