Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jhonen Vasquez

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Jhonen Vasquez Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jhonen Vasquez is my favourite comic artist/writer (not counting manga) All of his works (excluding Invader Zim and Filler Bunny) are in a continuous story that are linked together. Also, surprisingly Invader Zim is JV's least traumatic/gory/messed up creation. His series' consist of Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, Squee!, I Feel Sick, Invader Zim and Filler Bunny. I just recently read the Graphic Novel of JTHM (includes all 7 issues) and it's great, I'm soon going to get the Graphic Novel of Squee. Though very gory, it is also psycological and makes you think and life and humanity itself. I've also very much enjoyed Invader Zim, which I've watched all of the episodes too (got all 3 DVDs). Anyone else love Jhonen and his creations as much as I do? :P

Last edited by Keriaku on Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. Still waiting for more of it to come out. Someday.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a big fan of his work as well. I've seen alomst every episode of Invader Zim and read to 3 issues of JTHM. Good stuff!
I haven't seen anything of Squee! other than the T-shirts with the characters on them... heard it's good though.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm looking forward to peering into the traumatic life of Squee.

*Spoilers to Squee and JTHM*

In I think issue four of JTHM, Squee gets lost in the mall, and a stranger (sick and perverted stranger) brings him to an allyway, they talk for a few minutes, and Squee (or atleast the main character of Squee) tells the man his name is Todd, is this his actual name? Because I thought it was Squee, does anyone know which is true?

*End Spoilers for JTHM/Squee*
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just recently got the Graphic Novel of Squee (Squee's Big Wonderful Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors) I thought it was really good, but it only about had about 1/3 Squee, the rest was Wobbly-Headed Bob, the Meanwhiles, and Happy Noodle Boy, buit it was still good. I especially liked Wobbly-Headed Bob.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Noodle Boy is a role model for all of us to follow, even if it means getting shot in the head 3 times a day.

There's some more works of JV going around. Everything Can Be Beaten, The Bad Art Collection... Not as good as JTHM, Squee or IFS (which is my favourite of the Sickness saga, as i call it)

If anyone needs any of these, i can help getting them, so drop a line.

Also, yes, Todd is Squee's real name.

All the way to the edge of this world
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I knew about his other works. I'm mostly interesting in Filler Bunny and I Feel Sick, but I don't like comic books, so I'm going to wait until they come out in Graphic Novel form. Also, what are Everything Can Be Beaten and The bad Art Collection about (If anything)?
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

squee and jhonny are some of the greatest comic characters ever created, idk i cant explain why i love them soo much
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: