Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kirke. Just an executioner?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Kirke. Just an executioner? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 has so many mysterious characters. We didn't mind at the time that little was known about them, but after Suikoden 2 came out with 108 (relatively) fleshed out characters with tons of secret cut scenes, box suggestions and detective information we became resentful about how little we knew about the lesser Suikoden 1 stars of destiny. At least I did.

My desire to know about these obscure characters is only increased by how little is known. I think if there were some extra nuggets of info, this'd be the place to find them.

I only know the same crap we all know but I'll list it again and maybe some kind Suikoden elite will find it in their heart to add some more interesting info (or they could simply insult me for asking what has undoubtedly been asked countless time before).

Fu Su Lu: He wears a tiger mask. That's really all I know about this guy.
Eikei: He seems like a cheery nice guy though he only respects strong people.
Blackman: I'm very touched that he remains in Kalekka to try and grow stuff. It's funny to stomp on his flowers and piss him off.
Esmeralda: She clearly WANTS you to kidnap her. Is she just some dumb aristocrat?
Fuma: I think SARSadmin said in an faq that little was known about him or his ninja clan and that it looks like he was thrown in at the last minute.
Hugo: Well, we all now know he's Hugo from Suikoden 3's father. But if for some reason that's not true, than we know nothing of him
Onil: Onil is perhaps the ultimate obscure character. Since she likes to gossip, she'd be perfect as the detective type character in a Suikoden 1 remake, but for now she is a mystery.
Kirke: one of my favorites and perhaps others as well due to his funny only cut scene. We all know the story of how he became a farmer, but what of his past?

Okay, in truth I could've put twice as many names down. Since Suikoden is from a time period where most RPGs had a lot less text, that's just how it is. I think it's very sad because Suikoden 1's story in many ways rivals Suikoden 2's. A sons betrayal, a rune which eats the souls of those you love, the great strategist Mathiu Silverberg, and the conflict between Windy and Leknaat are all plots that would be incredible if given the attention Suikoden 2 got. But for now all I can do is ask if anyone knows a bit more about the stars who got left behind. *sniff*
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Hugo: Well, we all now know he's Hugo from Suikoden 3's father. But if for some reason that's not true, than we know nothing of him

Is this true? I don't think so!

I don't know much more either. I would really like to know more about Morgan too! i think he's probably the most interesting of Suikoden 1's 'obscure' characters!

I was thinking, since Kirke gave his scythe to Lorelai, maybe he has something to do with her or the Sindar.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You missed the rather interesting "article" offered as "proof" that Hugo is Hugo's father, then, I take it. It's around here somewhere; quite an amusing read, I must admit. It's just one of the beautiful things that makes suikox "SARS."

As for Morgan... he was the blind fighter, right?

And back to Kirke... it -is- odd that Kirke gave his sickle to Lorelai. Does anyone recall what the text was for Kirke when you beat GS1?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Quote:

Is this true? I don't think so!

I'd assume Mad Mage is joking as Icebergin made the thread about how Hugo from Suikoden I was the father of Hugo from Suikoden III. It is a joke, despite what Icebergin and Saben may tell you lol.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]

Last edited by Axiose on Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
And back to Kirke... it -is- odd that Kirke gave his sickle to Lorelai. Does anyone recall what the text was for Kirke when you beat GS1?

I don't remember what it said exactly; it was something about him throwing away his scythe and becoming a farmer!

Yes, Morgan is the blind one. All I know is that he's a gladiator from Falena (and I'm not sure)!!!!
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah he was

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Morgan was a gladiator slave who was so good (i.e. nobody could beat him) that they cut out his eyes to make it "fair" - so he continued to win all his fights anyway.

Kirke gave his scythe to Lorelai as he wanted to be a farmer. I can't remember exactly why, I'm sure I heard a reason somewhere, but I don't think it was anything deep or fundamental.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
Morgan was a gladiator slave who was so good (i.e. nobody could beat him) that they cut out his eyes to make it "fair" - so he continued to win all his fights anyway.

Kirke gave his scythe to Lorelai as he wanted to be a farmer. I can't remember exactly why, I'm sure I heard a reason somewhere, but I don't think it was anything deep or fundamental.

When you say why, you mean there is a reason why Lorelai, specifically, was the recipient? Or do you mean why he chose to become a farmer?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mean Lorelai being the recipient lol, should have made that more clear. I'm not sure, but I think it was just that Lorelai wanted the weapon, I don't think there was any relationship between either or them other than the fact that they knew each other being in the Liberation Army.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you remember at all from where you heard this? I'd be amused if that's true :)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't remember actually, but it had to be either the old Suikosource or this site when it used to be under the House system. I'm sure if someone in the know reads this they'll be able to shed more light on the situation, as all I know is what I've written and I don't even know exactly why he gave her the scythe, but I don't think there was much plot behind it.[/quote]

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's tragic about Morgan. I'm glad I now know why he's blind. Very intriguing.

And I just released something. Kirke is a moron. He gave his scythe away to become a farmer, but what tools do farmers use? Scythes! I find this endlessly amusing.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe he just didn't want that particular scythe, due to it's storied past.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That isn't that far fetched. I'm not sure, were I in his shoes, that I would want the same scythe I used to take heads [who uses a scythe to take a head? An axe seems much more like an executioner's weapon... but I digress] to be the one I used in the fields. Every single day I would be forced to look at the same blood stained - whether literal or only figurative - scythe. Getting rid of it would be akin to getting a new begining. I, personally, would leap at something like that.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, you guys are right. I just love the irony in it.

So is anything known whatsoever about Onil? I swear she must be the very least detailed Suikoden character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: