Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Yet another FF7 Spin off revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt I will get involved in any of these FF7 spin offs beside Advent Children. Not stoked for it or anything, but it requires little effort to watch it...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Read my mind Traz. It'll take an hour+ out of my day. As opposed to the others which could waste days and days.

I won't bother with the rest unless AC does something amazing and even then I'll probably just read spoilers for them!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm trying to think of one that needs a prequil or sequal...(damn spelling...all in all my comuter is "too slow" to drag a word processor open while I use the internet)

anway, think we, the fans have a chance of complaining and asking for other games? heck there are some "FF 1 and 2" on the GBA...not origens, its called "dawn of souls" or somthing. Where is FF3!? its a decent game. I said it before, but i doubt no one listend.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am actually looking forward to the FF7 Spin-offs, except the cell-phone one.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read this posted on Ansem Report (the Kingdom Heart fan site) after idoly browsing things...

Quote:
Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
- New characters are being added to the mobile phone game, Before Crisis, on an ongoing basis.
- Although people are assuming that Dirge of Cerberus is a gun action game, Nomura is quick to point out that the genre remains unconfirmed and that people will be surprised for sure.
- Some characters from AC appear in DC, but the stories are not totally connected. AC is Cloud's story and DC is Vincent's story, but both take place in Midgard.
- DC takes place in the area underground that was sealed by Meteo and reveals some of the Turks' hidden plans.
- When the idea for AC first came about, Nomura only envisioned going as far as AC and BC.
- Kitase is planning more than Nomura imagined and the Compilation is leading to a very surprising conclusion.

Source: GameScience

So it doesn't look DC will be the last. And they'll probably enforce the tenique of spreading the plot over many games so they try and force people to buy more spin-offs.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it ain't broke, don't fx it. I guess this is easier than coming up with new, original games, but why...a cell-phone game? Last I checked phones were for calling people. I know a lot of people with cells but none of them play games on them. Anyhoo, if they make a fifth game, I'm renouncing Final Fantasy.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't need an Ngauge or what ever its called. I don't have millions of peple to call on it, the only main use for me is for games.

hahah...hey what if they make a cyberpet (like PF magic's Petz) type game only with favorit monsters...like, Chocobos and Moggles.
that would be too crazy huh?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The had a game like that for Final Fantasy VIII - but you needed a pocket station. That game was actually more fun and rewarding than FF8 - but that's my opinion!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage wrote:
Last I checked phones were for calling people.

From what I heard, not completely so in Japan.
Cellphone game seems to be popular over there, and wherever there's money to be earned... SEX will be there.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've wanted a sequel to VII for the longest time. Even though the ending showed that Aeris's prayers were heard, it totally ignores the characters. (Which is probably why I liked VIII, more denouemont).

The thing is, they're making totally new games instead of sticking with the VII feel, so in reality it isn't a sequel at all. It's like if they wrote a totally brand new sequel to Lord of the Rings--it's not Tolkien, it's not legit, and it's done just for the money.

And imagine if 20 years after the release of Star Wars they decided to do prequels that were totally unnecessary to the saga!! Oh... wait...

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though it seems like her prayers were answered, Holy mixed with meteor kinda decimated everything, anyway.

Quote:
OH.. wait, hm....wait eh, yeah... Yep it's official! Final Fantasy franchise is officially DEAD. Now they just dug it up and are chopping it into peices (they're butchering it!)

You were probably joking, but I disagree anyway. FF really isn't dead, and if it were, do you think they'd make 4 sequels to FF7 just to revive it?

The fanboys call for more FF7, and that's what they are getting. As long as the market is there, SE will cater to it. It's not a desperate attempt to call back a lost audience, since there will always be old veterans and newcomers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: