Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Official Fable is coming thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cracked up in the IGN review when he talked about having his guy produly display his trophy for killing the boss in the area and then beat the old men to death who were cheering for him with the trophy...lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know while the recent reviews have let us know that some of the features that we had been looking forward to not really the ones that I mentioned but others have been cut out and the actual story portion of the game is rather short. Now I dont know about anyone else but I say...... who cares? This game is frankly one that will keep people playing for a great deal of time as they play all the little nooks and side quests and all that sort of thing they can do in the game. Im not going to really go into it but who cares what reviewers think huh? It's the response of those that buy the games that are the most important arent they?

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just put a 5$ advance on Fable yesterday hoping it'll be good,also
put a 5$ advance on Halo2. :lol:
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So it's out now, ennit?

Any word on it?

All the way to the edge of this world
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid wrote:
So it's out now, ennit?

Any word on it?
Yeah the local Electronic Boutique where I live called yesterday and they got it.So Im gonna go over and get it over the weekend
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Hvaing already picked up my copy of Fable and having already played it I can say the reviewers must be on crack or something because this game is absolutely freakin awesome at the very least in my own personal opinion. However as it is my opinion I will say that some differ from that while a lot of others agree with me so I am opening the floor to anyone else who has played it to let us know what you think of Fable thus far.

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Someone should start an offcial all about Fable thread or someting cause this game is one of the best RPG's I've ever played(its fun being an Chicken Chaser :lol: )
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, i just saw the opinion on it at Penny Arcade, and it seems to confirm all the fears i had for the game. Also, PA seems to coincide with me on their opinions on games most of the times, so i'm now more inclined than ever to think the game isn't as good as most are making it to be.

But then, as they say, "it's a game to love or hate", and on the other hand, i haven't even played it and chances are i won't any time soon, so, meh.

All the way to the edge of this world
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw the preview and I think it may be prity cool my favorite games you can be good or evil. I saw the reveiw and they say it isent all it's up to be but I'll probily still get it.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought it and I would strongly advice you to rent it first. It can be cool, but it's not that deep an RPG that it may last you a year or two. In fact, the whole game - sidequests and all, really - can be beaten in about 12 hours. (24 if you do everything and walk both paths.) It's a fun game, and definately worth the experience (especially if you liked KOTOR - this is somewhat an evolution of KOTOR's system) but I would not pay more than $30 dollars for it.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was quite dissapointed with the game, but that's been a fear of everyone's......It was too compact at times, I felt it was trying to be like morrowWind with a very good/intuitive story, yet the whole area/level thing really threw me off. The battle system felt okay to me, but the whole thing was trying to overachieve, but fell short...

I'll echo one Alseid when I say " It's a game you either love or hate", sucks I had to be the latter.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: