Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you think Suikoden should be more mature
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
There are some things about Suikoden I would probably change if I could, though most of them are probably due to translation. (or things like "Right Riou. I mean, Lord Riou." which happened a lot) But, as a whole, I don't see much that should be changed about Suikoden. If the overall plot of one of the games is mature, and it fits with the feel of the series, I don't see any problem with it.

I would, however, have problem if a game downright insulted the player's intelligence.

Completely unrelated, but I think the translation "issue" you're talking about isn't really a mistake. They were saying "Right Riou" but they are supposed to address him as "Lord Riou." (Or "Lord Dude" in my games :D) So they're correcting that.

Now to the topic. I don't think Suikoden needs to be any more mature. Sure, they should probably stop turning booze into tea, but it's plenty mature. It has enough implied sexual themes. Along with dark themes like death, war, tragedy, loss, etc. It may not be "mature" in the sense of graphic gore, explicit language, and the like. But it's mature in other ways, and I think it's enough.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Suikoden series are good enough the why they are right now, and I believe that the game does have an aspect of maturity.

We have a lot of grown men and women in it and children too, we have marriages and love stories though they aren't that developed, we have mature sexual glimpses (well, look at Jeane for instance), and more mature relationships, we have mature kind of plots (It's not save the princess or save the world from evil). We mustn't also forget about the politic factor that plays a big role in the war of the Suikoden world that makes this game more mature than other games nowadays, we also witnessed some kind of violence in the games but not the kind that would make it over mature.

So, I would say with some confident that the Suikoden games are labeled as mature games.

Anyway, I like Suikoden the way it is now; therefore I wouldn't like it to get more mature than it is now.

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Njord wrote:
I think the Suikoden series are good enough the why they are right now, and I believe that the game does have an aspect of maturity.

We have a lot of grown men and women in it and children too, we have marriages and love stories though they aren't that developed, we have mature sexual glimpses (well, look at Jeane for instance), and more mature relationships, we have mature kind of plots (It's not save the princess or save the world from evil). We mustn't also forget about the politic factor that plays a big role in the war of the Suikoden world that makes this game more mature than other games nowadays, we also witnessed some kind of violence in the games but not the kind that would make it over mature.

So, I would say with some confident that the Suikoden games are labeled as mature games.

Anyway, I like Suikoden the way it is now; therefore I wouldn't like it to get more mature than it is now.

I feel the same way! It's good as it is !
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, think of it this way. The original Matrix was amazing, yet the second and third just sucked (nowhere near as good as the first). The reason for this was because of unneeded materials, such as 100s the 1000s copies of Agent Smith, or the milions of useless sentinels (numbers over quality), and finaly the sexual content which JUST wasn't what Matrix was about.

Same principle applies to Suikoden. It is mature in many ways (the rape of Luca's mother, more deaths than you can count on your fingers, several burnt down villages). There is even a decent amount of swearing but JUST ENUOGH. It would ruin the game if they made it a blood and guts fiesta. Play a different game for those effects. Suikoden is what it is for the story and characters. The balance between the mature moments and the crack up laughing immature scenes is as close to perfect as I can think off (which is why I'm on this forum and assume the rest of you are too).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: