Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What games should they make sequels of
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I _really_ want a sequel to Otogi...*sigh* Raikoh's my hero.
I also want a sequel to Drakengard(just because it would be amusing)
Bloody Roar
Legend of Dragoon
Starcraft...like the original ones not the ghost one
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am probably the only person that want a sequel of Okage: Shadow King here :mrgreen:

A new Starcraft (not Starcraft: ghost) would be great, but I heard that most of the production team left Blizzard...

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okage sequel would be nice :) I never finished the first, though. The game was funny as all heck. So I loved it.

It's already in production, but I sure hope Wild Arms 4 doesn't suck.

Other games I want sequels to, though, hmm...

Worms 3D
Legends Of Wrestling (*hopes someone picks it up in an Acclaim auction*)
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Legacy Of Kain (I would kill and drink their blood for another Kain game)
Fable
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic (a third one)
Star Wars Episodes 7, 8, and 9 movies (not games, but what the heck)
Dark Cloud 3 (the rumored Dark Cloud 3 turned out to be a non-DC related PSP game)
Twisted Metal Black (though I am looking forward to Twisted Metal: World Tour on PSP)

That's all I can think of right now.
Ayemelek

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Age of Empires II
Secret of Evermore
Shadow Madness - preferably with a good battle system and tolerable character graphics
Valkyrie Profile
Drakengard - upgraded so the gameplay systems aren't watered down versions of the DW/PDO engines
Pirates!

And most importantly: A new Uncharted Waters game.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought they made an Age of Empires II.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vandal Hearts 3
another of Ogre Battle Saga (in PS2 and in english)
Dark Cloud 3
and Legend of mana

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love to see a sequel to Chrono Trigger (I know about Chrono Cross, but I would like to see something a little closer to Chrono Trigger's timeline). If they could up the graphics a little and bring back the origional characters along with some new ones, that would be awesome.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're right, actually I wanted square to make a sequel of CT which the story took part in the time between chrono Cross And CT (the time when Schala become one with Lavos)

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be great to have the sequel around the time Schala merged with Lavos. I think a little before though so it will include how and why she merged with Lavos (I would think it would be because she had to so she could stop Lavos from doing something terrible, like so she could partly control it or something). Anyways, that would be the perfect time. I would think that the story line would be Magus searching for Schala and when he finds her Lavos appears and attempts to destroy Magus. So the only thing Schala could do is merge with Lavos to stop it from kiling Magus (mental note: mail ideas to SquarEnix).

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But then I wonder who would be the main character? Schala? the RPG would be too short if the story rotates only around Lavos so it would be better if the Schala-Lavos conflict became the main hook of the game, and square then create another storyline around it that is unpredictable and would suprise us.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stormbringer wrote:
I _really_ want a sequel to Otogi...*sigh* Raikoh's my hero.

- Are you referring to an Otogi 3? The second installment was released in October (Immortal Warriors). If you are asking for a third entry, then I agree 100%. The series is sorely overlooked yet it is downright amazing.

Locke wrote:
I thought they made an Age of Empires II.

- They did, which is why I want an Age of Empires III. It was officially announced just recently, though, so I suppose I didn't need to post it here after all.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:
I would love to see a sequel to Chrono Trigger

Actually, I thought there was an attempt of making a sequel for Chrono Trigger by some fans under the name of Chrono Trigger: Resurrection, but unfortunately it was shut down by Square-Enix because of copyright issues.

It's was truly a shame since the game graphics were really beautiful, but what one can do except of waiting for another sequel made by Square-Enix itself which I doubt since they dropped the idea of making Chrono Break (a sequel of Chrono Cross I think).

I don't know if Chrono Trigger: Resurruction is a sequel or a remake, so if anyone knows please clarify that to me.

This is the URL for Chrono Trigger: Resurrection site http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think tha should have The Bouncer 2.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

okay, sequals.

Chrono cross - Great game. enough said. strotline is great, full of plot twists and stuff. music is almost perfect, character development is awesome everyone has a unqiue way of talking. graphics good, for those times :wink: length superb, its replayability is the icing on the cake.

Legend of mana - Oh, what i'd give to play that again. It has all a super unique rpg game needs. you can catch the animal and raise them as your own, then train them and send them to battle. You can learn up to around 500 unique attacks. You can build your own robot to aid you in battle. you can choose what weapon you want to use from knuckle-dusters to nunckukas.You have your own house, you build your own world buy placing new cities and places where ever you want in the map. You can grow your own fruits in your garden. Forge your own weapons. You can choose to start the game with a girl or a boy. multiplayer mode. the music is great. the grphics is great (I hate games which think they can hack it at being 3D, but they can't). Story, just average. gameplay, ages.

Mortal Kombat - This may sound stupid, but I think the old 2D mortal Kombat games from 2 onwards are better than the onese now. deadly alliance and deception are a bit boring (to all those Mortal Kombat fans, this is just my opinion) all the fatalities aren't what they used to be, they're just boring. Plus taking out liu Kang in deadly alliance. What is with that, you should at east be able to unlock him. I think they should remake the whole thing again.

Streets of rage - Classic! everyone who has played it, would agree that there should be a sequel to this great game. oh, back in the days...

Golden Axe - along with streets of rage... classic! mulitplayer and fun,addictive gameply. it's just like fighting in legend of mana. Choose between three or four people. I can only remember the young warrior with a broad long sword, the old man with the golden axe and the young woman with... i can't remember that.

Even though it's just come out, I think they should make a sequel to Warhammer 40k dawn of war. The games great, rather more chaotic than the real time stratigie games out now. And rather addictive.

There's so much more, but I can't exactly remember all of them at the moment. But I will list them when I have thought them up again, or i'll just edit this post.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
You're right, actually I wanted square to make a sequel of CT which the story took part in the time between chrono Cross And CT (the time when Schala become one with Lavos)

You can read some plot analysis' at GameFAQs, that touch briefly on the activities concerning Schala going crazy, Lucca building Chronopolis, etc. There is a TON of stuff you'll miss in CC, and until reading one of those documents, I had no idea about half of that stuff happening. I recommend looking it up.

Quote:
I think it would be great to have the sequel around the time Schala merged with Lavos. I think a little before though so it will include how and why she merged with Lavos (I would think it would be because she had to so she could stop Lavos from doing something terrible, like so she could partly control it or something

Huh? Lavos got sent to the Tesseract...well one version of him did, anyway. I must have missed that. It's pretty obvious, I guess. Anyway, the problem with a game between CT-CC events is that the storyline is very linear. There is SO much stuff that happens, that they'd have to abide by all of the things that were mentioned in CC. Why have a game concerning Schala when we are told everything that she had done and will do, in CC? That leaves no room for surprise, or gameplay. We know what happened to her, and how she merged with Lavos. I believe that Magus had absolutely nothing to do with it. I guess this would be the best time to post a link:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/chrono_cross_story.txt

Quote:
and square then create another storyline around it that is unpredictable and would suprise us.

That would be incredibly complicated. Everything that happens in CC connects back to CT. Everything. You can't add in something without adding in something else, that may threaten any existing plotline.

Quote:
character development is awesome everyone has a unqiue way of talking

Omg, NONE of the characters had ANY development whatsoever :P They all had less than 1/8th of the personalities that the original 8 had. The only one who did have some background and storyline to her, was Kidd. All the others just had one feeble little mission that did nothing for character growth. They were still the same faceless characters they were at the beginning of the game, since those "missions" aren't even required to be completed. Some of them, anyway.

I'd like to see some more of Valkyrie Profile, but I loved the way it ended, so I'd opt for not continuing it. It's a short, happy ending, and nothing much that you can expand on, since Lenneth is so rigid and one track. If there was ever more cleansing, I'd love to see something about Hrist and Silmeria, since Hrist was the most human out of the two of them and we don't know exactly why Silmeria is imprisoned...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: