Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Computer Chips in the Brain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! I don't want a telescreen in my brain!!!

I'm not worried about security issues. I just wouldn't want to go through the hassle of getting it put in and having to pay for it/having tax payers pay for it. It's not brain surgery or anything, though. Har har har.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! I don't want a telescreen in my brain!!!

I'm not worried about security issues. I just wouldn't want to go through the hassle of getting it put in and having to pay for it/having tax payers pay for it. It's not brain surgery or anything, though. Har har har.

I agree it would cost us tax payers more every year.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not really up for becoming technology, I prefer the seperation between the human and the machine. Then again I'm sure something like this willl happen a few decades from now and I'll be one of those ultra-conservatives with a flag on his back fighting. The cost really wouldn't bother me, it would probably be the fact theres a piece of circuitry in my head that can be sent information without me knowing...
Alluminitti

124798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The human brain is an organic protein-driven matrix of water and skin (basically). A microchip is a silicon-based inanimate object that is powered by regular, precise electrical impulses. Does it take THAT much thinking to realize that the two are not compatible? Sure, the various actions of our body and thoughts are made physical by static-electric shocks in our brain, but I severely doubt that these energy outputs are regular and consistent enough to power even the simplest of microchips. At the very best outcome, the chip might make the impulses travel faster because it is made from conductive materials, but is that really a good thing? Don't you suppose our brain is geared to work a certain way without such materials for a reason? Perhaps the change in energy would trigger an entirely different response, or even damage the system itself. I'm sorry, but I simply cannot see this working.

You cannot build a better human. Not ever.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG, this is so fucking retarded.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For those unaware, the SPCA does this exact same thing with dogs and cats. Yep! There's a microchip planted just under the skin of my dog right now. I know this, because I like to take her to the vet and mess around with their handscanner. I was also there when they put the chip in.

Vector Xthonic wrote:
Yeah, seems like people are jumping to conclusions before understanding what these chips actually do. We're still far from being able to control biological functions with software, such as manipulating synapses through computer chips, etc.

All these chips do is interact with certain types of sensors, much like how people use access cards to enter restricted areas. Implanted chips basically communicate with these outside interfaces without you having to actually carry a card. This reduces the risk of having something like this stolen or being used by people who shouldn't.
Things like this can also eliminate stuff like identity theft and credit card fraud unless somebody actually digs into your body to take the ID.

However, I have no idea why such chips need to be implanted into a person's brain. It can be inplanted anywhere in the body and it would function the same way.

That's exactly what it does in my dog. If she gets lost, they scan her, get the number, enter it into a database, where my name, address, and phone number are entered. When the vet scans her, it's easier to bring up her medical history.

On the entire site that was posted, I only read about chips going under the skin. Nothing about the brain (I also only read half of the information there, because the SPCA has been doing it for awhile, and I like to hang out there). I actually wouldn't mind having something like that in my hand. I think it's pretty cool. Also, like Sars, I see no point to such a thing in the brain. Sounds like a waste of time and money to me.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: