Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

i have some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akira

117 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: i have some questions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hi everybody ^_^

i have some questions :

1.are there any missed characters in SV?
2.are lym points and lyon points samer?
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well let's see.

1) I am not exactly sure what you mean by this question. If you mean are there any characters you can miss in SV then the answer is yes. There are several characters that you can "miss" and not recruit during the course of SV. These characters will not determine if you can finish the game, but they will affect what ending you see.

2) I am not sure what you mean by, are lym's points and lyon's points the same. Lym is not a playable character so we never get to see her stats and thus we cannot compare these to Lyon's stats, if that is what you are asking. I could of course be very wrong since these two questions are structured very poorly. Not trying to be mean, but clear questions get clear answers.

Hope that helps.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1: yes there is plenty of people you can miss. if you don't get them by a certain point then they will be lost. like faylon and faylen.

2: i have no clue of what your saying right there :?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Lym points" and "Lyon points" are the invisible, and for all we actually know, fictional points that stack up as you are nice to Lymsleia and Lyon. When the Prince is given a dialogue option, one response will usually yield a certain number of these points, and getting over a certain number of these points is what gives access to the "Lym Ending", one of the two Best Endings.

As for the actual question, whether Lym and Lyon pool points or whether each character has her own tally, we're not sure. We don't even know for certain if the "points" system exists, it's just a handy way to keep track of your progress regarding Lym and Lyon.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. But the fact that the event that Lym come to visit the Prince at night (NOT THAT, YOU CREEPY MAN!) happens only to certain people...somewhat proves the existance of some kind of tracking of how you treat Lym.

Note to the second question:
The only way to see if you got enough "Lym Points" is the Lym visits Hero at noght event. If you get it, then you should have equal or greater "Lym Points" and "Lyon Points"

BTW, what is "samer"? I assume you mean "same" since "e" is beside "r" and "samer" is probably such a typo.

They are not really the same...as far as I know having a high "Lym Points" does not affect whether you can have a High "Lyon Points"
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You also get an extra scene in Lunas after the Sun Palace attack if you have enough Lym Points for the ending.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I didn't get the scene with Lym at Lunas, but I did get the Lym ending, so don't despair if you didn't unlock the scene at Lunas.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik wrote:
Personally, I didn't get the scene with Lym at Lunas, but I did get the Lym ending, so don't despair if you didn't unlock the scene at Lunas.

Does this means that Lyon's point actually effect Lym's point? Since i dont think you can choose any conversation that directly influences Lym after the attack on Sun Palace. Maybe if you're nice to Lyon you'll effect Lym's ending?
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Yes. You see, Suikoden can't be complete without missable recruits. It brings much more fun to the game.

- Lym points will depend on how you act to Lym. Being good towards her nets you points, being an ass towards her won't get you any.

Now, an example of the effect of Lym points is the Lunas scene. If you're good enough to Lym before it, at the middle of the night she'll come to you and sleep with you in your bad. Now, if you didn't get this scene, don't fret. There are still lots more chances you can be good to her, so you can get the Lym ending.

- Lyon points are the same as Lym, except that they're for Lyon. Showing concern for her will net you points.

Also, I think I saw somewhere tat if you're nice to Lyon, she gives you more of a friendly-like talk. If you're not, she acts more like a bodyguard, although I have no confirmation on this.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arch_wooohh wrote:
Also, I think I saw somewhere tat if you're nice to Lyon, she gives you more of a friendly-like talk. If you're not, she acts more like a bodyguard, although I have no confirmation on this.

Its the bath scene
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What are you talking about? Lyon only has two bath scenes and neither of them involves the Prince.

117 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry i forgot this topic ^^ thank you everybody about the help
Athene Airheart

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Lym/Lyon points Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a very good discussion of the Lym/Lyon point system at the end of the topmost Suikoden V FAQ which can be found on the GameFaqs website. That FAQ also has all the missable characters and lots of good stuff. There are of course story spoilers but the author tries to avoid them when possible. I can't remember the author's name right offhand, but it's the longest one in the Walkthrough list.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The name is Cyril and her name isn't the longest.
Athene Airheart

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apologies, I meant to say that the FAQ was the longest in terms of the file size but didn't have enough time to say it properly. But thanks for reminding me of the name.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: