Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is evil?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbra Streisand. *shudders*

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thread over.

Honestly though, evil's existance itself is debatable, but it is one of three things depending on your religon:

The Devil (or equivalent)

Id (freud)

Nonexistant.

Aside from these three, evil can only be defined by what you personally don't like, which is a misconception. Take democrats and republicans for example. Democrats think everything republicans use to their personal gain or that damages nature is wrong, and Republicans think that everything democrats do that weakens the nation's economy is wrong, but that does not make either side evil. It's when those people give in to their power and become corrupt and [insert bush tangent here] to the point they are following their lust and personal desires that they can be called "evil."

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl, Luca had some reason for his hatred towards the city states, and for starting the war against...well, us! (Jowston represent). so i don't associate him with evil. Vengeful, Manipulative, powerful, and dealing harsh judgement without remorse, okay, from our angle, we see it as evil, but i can also see it as genius.

hee hee hee. back to the real topic.

evil depends on perception: on what you accept as proper conduct, and what fundamentally is not, what is most deplorable and violates the rights of others, and causes pain to others with enjoyment and/or no regards to the people made worse off. that for me is an evil act, and without justification or reason behind it, it'll remain evil.
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just delivered my paper today. Thanks everyone!! Of course that the topic is still open for discussion.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So how was it?? and congratulations on making the paper and stuff there, hope you will suceed :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: