Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who Wants to be a Superhero

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Who Wants to be a Superhero Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am talking about the "reality" tv show on the Sci Fi channel. Has anyone been watching, and if so I wonder what people are thinking? I do have some concerns about the show. After 1 of the contestants said she was an actress, and I recognized one of the "fellons" as an actress I decided to do some snooping. I am surprised to see that quite a few of the people in the show have some sort of acting expierence under their belts. So I don't see what's so real about the show at all. Are people that desperate to make a name for themselves that they lie to get on reality tv? And not even a good show...
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find the show very amusing. It's not everyday you get to see people dress up in tights and actually believe they're superheros. The fact that they're all taking this so seriously and crying all the time entertains me to no end. Then again, I'm mean like that. I don't care about what actually is going on and I could care less about who actually wins and loses, but I love watching people make fools of themselves on national TV.

Most of the people involved are actors and actresses. I've recognized a lot of them. Now, either all of these folks are beyond stupid as that one actress you're referring to is rather well-known, or they're all in on it too. I really hope it's the former (and really think so too, have you seen some of their superhero ideas?) as that makes everything a lot funnier.

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty disappointed in it. In the two episodes I saw, there were maybe three funny parts... the rest was all boring challenges ("In your opinion, who should I eliminate next?" Uh, I don't know, Stan. Isn't that YOUR job?), arguing, and Feedback and Lemuria getting on my nerves.

It's pretty obvious that all the disaster scenarios are fake (the convicts, the woman trapped on a rooftop), and that's fine, but even the interaction between the contestants felt scripted. >.o I'm sorry, but there's no way that the "heroes" didn't know that the Iron Dark Steel Whatever Enforcer Guy would return as a villain. I mean, come on. Who did they think the second communication T.V. was for, Stan's cat?

...But if there's ever a Who Wants to Be A Supervillain show, I want to audition as Major Disappointment. I can be Major Victory's archnemesis, or something.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched two episodes of this show that were on back to back. I was just flipping channels. I liked it, but not enough to devote time to memorizing the times that it is on and remembering to watch it. I liked Major Victory. He was funny. I also liked that one guy who looks like a Roman warrior. I don't really remember their names too well.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a fan of the show, mostly for its campiness. It's obvious none of the participants know a damn thing about comics when Satn criticizes them. If I was onl the show, I could refute nearly all of his claims with examples from his own comics.

"Heroes don't kill." Punisher, Daredevil, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Blade
"Heroes don't divulge their secret identity" Fantastic Four, Captain America, Jean Frickin' Grey for Pete's sake!!!!!
"Heroes don't make fun of each other" Spiderman, Iceman, Human Torch

I have called nearly every elimiation correctly so far, but that isn't much of an achievement. Feedback will win, simply because who would buy a comic/watch a movie about Fat Momma? On Sci Fi? A Major Victory movie would have been a prettyd ecent comedy, but that's not what they're going for.

And their hero concepts? Fat Momma? Cell Phone Girl? Come on. Levity, Feedback, Nitro G and Tyveculus all had decent concepts, but Major Victory would have led to some lawsuits I think.

Heh, I like crap. I watch the show to be entertained by camp and in that, it doesn't disappoint.

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still trying to figure out how Fat Mamma made it this far.....I think she should've been gone a long time ago.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how Fat Mamma made it this far.....I think she should've been gone a long time ago.

It's all about kid appeal. I know some people will argue *coughWATARUcough* but kids are the ones that buy comics. They are the ones that read them. If you watched the latest challenge she pretty much says she stands up for children and that caught them hook, line and sinker. Unfortunatly she can't win. Can you invision a comic or a movie based on her character? The bottom line has to be about marketing. Although I have a feeling that no matter who wins other characters will have cameos, or get their own comics entirely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: