Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gaia Online
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yes, I do have an account on Gaia. However, I'm more of a Guilds person rather than the forums itself as the forums are overrun by people with horrible grammar, spelling and who just want to squeal "OMG HE IZ SO KYUTE" half the time. Which I can't stand.

If I'm going to post anywhere in the forums, I make it a point to stay in the Site Feedback subforum (where they're actually rather coherent compared to half the boards) and the Exchange subforum where I search through the threads for good buys. Other than that, you won't see me anywhere.

The Suikoden guild on Gaia is a rather nice place to hang out at, but activity's a bit slow, though. I do post once in a while when I'm there. :D

Oh, and just in case anyone's curious, I'm Dynast Metallium there. Just er....introduce yourself before clicking that shiny "Add to Buddy List" button.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I even joined a few guilds... one of which was the "Gaian Grammar Guild" thinking it would be a normal forum with minimal noob speak. It turns out they are not just against txt tlk, but against every addition to the english language since 1860. I left them one long wordy message telling them that they need to learn to evolve with modern times and not be so left behind.

And if you want a good time at gaia, btw... go to the anime forum and say something derogatory about Inuyasha. Someone got so upset at me for doing that that they couldnt even spell my name right.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
And if you want a good time at gaia, btw... go to the anime forum and say something derogatory about Inuyasha.

There are few things that I enjoy more than harrassing rabid anime fans. Since I can count the number of anime I don't think are ridiculously stupid on one hand, it's pretty easy for me to mock them and not feel like a hypocrite. You're right though, mocking Inuyasha is a good way to get the people on Gaia to raise an angry mob and come after you with torches and pitchforks. Sneering at Full Metal Alchemist or Naruto will usually have the same effect, though it's either even faster or somewhat slower, depending on the group of people you target it at.

Not that I've made disparaging remarks about things that people like on Gaia just to piss them off or anything. I'm not that kind of person. Really.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, FMA and Naruto aren't really that bad if you give them a chance, and are actually quite intelligent... so you might wind up making COMPOTENT enemies that way. Inuyasha is just crap, anyone with half a brain can figure it out. As VG Cats put it, "It's freaking DBZ for girls!"

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not much of an anime fan myself. :) I don't have any particular problems with Full Metal Alchemist, and I've had no exposure whatsoever to Naruto, but I have a serious issue with Inuyasha. More than that, I have a very serious problem with a certain selection of Inuyasha fans, who cause my gray matter to melt and drip out of my ears.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A friend begged me to join, and I looked at it for about five minutes and left. I'd feel like a total weeaboo if I got involved with that sort of thing.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
I'm not much of an anime fan myself. :) I don't have any particular problems with Full Metal Alchemist, and I've had no exposure whatsoever to Naruto, but I have a serious issue with Inuyasha. More than that, I have a very serious problem with a certain selection of Inuyasha fans, who cause my gray matter to melt and drip out of my ears.

Indeed, I'd post the VG cats comic here if it didnt say fuck so many times...

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been a member of that site since Sept 2003 and I still go there everyday.
I've met some really great friends there and it's really like a big community...which can also discourage new people who join there

my username is the same

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Versus_XIII

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've part of 3 other forums. It's already a pain to keep post count and be active on the boards. I remember we had a Gaia user on our boards who was causing some trouble.

I'm not a part of it.

Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have an avatar on gaia, and I'm even questing for some really rare items. I kind of fell out of the loop, 'though... I'm not sure if I have the energy to get back on the horse at this point. *snickers*

I have some semi-rare items. Nothing like a halo, but nightmare headband and the AFK/OMG Hats and such. That's probably the only reason I stay on, because I'm a really old member, and I feel special for it. Even if I do find most of the topics there tedious, repetative, and reeking of adolescent teenage hormones.
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I joined waaay back in the day and stayed active for about a month, but then I forgot about it and wandered off. XD; When I came back, all of my friends had bailed, I could barely navigate the site due to all the crap they added, and I found that I didn't like the community enough to stick around again. =\ The avatars just aren't worth it.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I joined that site and I was totally bored the minute I've post.
I can't even read my previous post, there are plenty of spammers who talks non-sense. Too many idiots -_-;;;;;
Yes, the avatar is cute but the whole site is a mess.

I didn't get the chance to change my avvy's clothes -_-;;;

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: