Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How did you discover SuikoX?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: How did you discover SuikoX? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So how did you come upon this wonderful site called SuikoX?

I found it by a link from SuikoSource, as many of you have also said pre-Great Disaster. I wasn't a member there but I am one here. I really liked the atmosphere here and decided to join. In short, that's how I found this site. I was birthed into Nameless Lands, where I stayed for like a month. I showed this site to Adam(brecht) and Jim(went inactive but Woods). They got on on the same line but different computers. Anyways, Adam and I ended up being magically whisked off into Tinto where we stayed and enjored ourselves. That's my story, what's yours?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As you wish...

Like most of you I found my way here from Suikosource, I heard of the site mentioned there but since I'm not very fond of baseless speculations (I thought that was all there was to the site) I was putting my self back from visiting and registering...

Until a certain member (who now is banned in both sites, I think) was pestering me about how much more cool Suikox was from Suikosource and that I should join, and I eventually decided to come over and have a look...

Only to find some weird stats besides my name...

Well, the rest as they say is history...

Last edited by Arenegeth on Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I followed a link off of SARS' livejournal. The forums looked interesting, the people looked mostly literate and interesting, and I was really interested in the nation concept.

So...I signed up. ^_^

And I've been here ever since.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First i found it from google as i type in the mighty word "Suikoden" and then found this site... as i'm not a really forum kind of person, i didn't join...
but the second time i looked at this site from a link at Suikosource, i thought it might be interesting to join and stuff.... and here's me today since April 06 :mrgreen: and i love this forum :wink:
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the site ages ago, probably off of a search engine but I never joined until the time around when Suikoden 4 was being released though. I can't remember the specific reason I signed up in the end to be honest and it was several days before I posted anything at all, gradually I got more into the nation system though and now I'm pretty much hooked on it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was puttering around on the Gamefaqs Suikoden V message board when I saw that Questions for Blue Moon topic of his. So after asking him a few questions and having been bombarded by the site URL like I was being spammed I came over and joined up. At least, I think that's what happened, it was so long ago and my memories are bad. In fact, who am I again?
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This seems oddly familiar...

I was first a member of the Suikosource community, but having found the ways there too restirctive and sometimes down right laughable and hypocritical i decided i needed to find a new online home in the Suikoden world.

I noticed many people talking about Suikox, at first when i came i didn't sign up, it looked all big and scary, then after i did i knew it was all big and scary.

Luckily the people within Highland are nice (well they all are now, we got rid of all the unsavory characters). I have seen it change alot over the past ermm 8 months people come, people go, people come back and then go again.

One thing is for sure, i have found my Suikohome.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ayda's Arrow wrote:

I was first a member of the Suikosource community, but having found the ways there too restirctive and sometimes down right laughable and hypocritical i decided i needed to find a new online home in the Suikoden world.
I prefer to think of it as Orderly, Speedy and Informative :P But it certainly isn't a place for off topic socializing and role playing. But, that's why suikox exists. It fills that need whereas Suikosource fills the straight information need. Doesn't mean one is better than the other, they're just different. *gets down off soap box*

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never said one was better than the other, i said one was better for me.

Also i would like to make note of the site content as being a major draw into joining the site, i don't mean the war but the sheer magnitude of infomation thta is avalible, also the speculations where quite something and in some case really make you think about what has been written, i liked that.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, here we go.

It was January 23rd and I had just taken my first exam of the week. I was supposed to go to a friend's house after the exam but he was hardly finished and I'm not the kind of person to wait so I decided to go home. I was supposed to shovel the driveway, but instead I came online. I stumbled upon some Suikoden V info and I did more research and ended up at Suikox and Suikosource. I decided I would like to join a Suikoden community, so I decided Suikox over Suikosource for some reason. I didn't even know about the war system when I joined. :p

And yeah... I got in trouble for not shovelling the driveway. D:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember very well but I do remember. I went to google to do my daily research on suikoden (which I still do) and typed in suikoden and got a link to suikox that I must have missed a lot of times before. I came to the site, checked out tubula rusa and all of that.I read every single page of suikox inside out, thats characters and everything and then saw the site forums and decided to have a look. I didn't really know the setup then as i didn't look in detail but i signed up and origanlly got dratfed and born in harmonia with the archer regiment. Thats my story.

Cupil

68022 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just browsed around wikipedia, looking at random things. I eventually looked up Suikoden, and Suikox was one of the links at the end of the entry.
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think like a lot of people I learned about this from one of Vector Xthonic's posts on Suikosource. I browsed around here for a while and read through a bit of the old forums, a bit of the then-new forums and a couple of the editorials, one in particular being me favourite, and a few of the Speculation articles.
So, one day I just decided to join and posted a couple of times. About two weeks after that, a certain member PM'ed me and I've been here more or less ever since.
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just thinking about how much I loved Suikoden when I realized "damn, I never saw a suikoden website before". And luckily, Suikox was the first one I found, and here I am, making your lives miserable and stuff :mrgreen:

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
Yam Koo

Mighty Dragoons of Draconia

10296 Potch
1050 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I joined Suikox because a few members pestered me until I finally got to the site and signed up. Even though it took all I could do to get in the nation I wanted to be in, I got here. Ever since then, I have been in love with this site. Hell, if it was a tangible thing I would ditch my fiance and marry the site. But we all know that's not possible, so I will stick with her. And on top of that, Sars, who I can not remember his new name, has a lot of dedication to this site, and that alone helped me stay, even after the whole crisis that Yahoo brought us. Crazy Yahoo people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: