Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are your Grades?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Vinsanity

Aquinas Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I just got back a religion project (yeah, I go to a Catholic school *choke*) and had a 78 on it, because the lady has it in for me, I swear, since this is the first year that I've ever gotten anything other than an A in religion. But anyway, enough ranting for me, here's my other grades (since I don't have a clue what I got in religion):

History:B
Algebra 2/Trig:C
Chemistry:B
American Lit:A
Italian:A
Taking an exam in Chem, right now, however, so that grade will probably change.
Last day of actual school for me!!! One more year until college! Sweet!!!!!
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well lessee . . . . .

Back when I was in Kindergarten, I was tops. Seriously. :mrgreen: Then that continue until 4th Grade. 5th Grade til now, I slowly began getting low grades because my social life woas getting better and better.

I would love to post my most recent card right now (and have you all see it), but I can't find it. Maybe tomorrow. :)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When i was in grade 1-3 i was the top 3 in my class...
but as the years go on, i went lower and lower... :mrgreen:
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was never top of my class, I think. o_O

Alright, I got my second semester grades a while ago . Here they are.

Geography: 86%
Drama: 88%
Technology: 66%(wtf? D:<)
General Science: 82%

I don't know how I got such a low score in my tech class. I was always ahead and doing fine. I was just mad that it lowered my average.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was top of my class for 8 years until this year.
Here are my grades.
English: B
History: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
Biology: A
Maths: A
ICT: A
Arabic: A
PE: A
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow... what a zincbrain :shock:
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Advanced Japanese Reading & Grammar: A

Techniques of Applied Math I: A-
Basically an indepth view at ordinary differential equations. A prep course for part 2 where we look at partial differential equations.

Quantum Mechanics II: B
I was doing horribly all semester but managed to pull a kick ass performance on my final exam. That really boosted my grade.

Elementary Particle Physics: B
Stupid research paper...

Independent Research: B
Quite surprising considering I gave 0 effort.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn, my grades are sucking this semester...

Intro to Psychology: A
College Algebra: C
Astronomy 001: D
History of Akira Kurosawa: Unsure, either C or B.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somehow my grades turned out okay, even though this was one of the toughest semesters I've had so far.

World Lit II - A
-Fairly straight-forward class, lots of reading, but no surprises.

Symbolic Logic - B-
-I was one of two non-Computer Science majors in this class. :shock: This class was a real pain. Yet I think I wound up on the upper end of the grading spectrum... Maybe I've been in the wrong major all this time?

Behavior Modification - A
-Mostly review for me.

Environmental Ethics - B+ or A-
-Still waiting for this one. This was a pretty difficult course, but I thought it was one of the most rewarding courses I've taken at UNLV.

I have to go back for one class in the Spring in order to graduate (Anthropology of Aging :roll:) because I need to fulfill some requirements that I missed. So, hopefully I'll be graduating in May with my Bachelors in Psychology and I can move on to the next part of my life... selling my body to feed my drug habit. (Just kidding.) ;)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IB 20th Century Topics - B

This is my history class and I typically excel in history, as my memory is typically one of my strong suits. This is more analysis based though, and since I had the same teacher last year for US History, I feel I do not need to take notes. It is essay based, and while my teacher loves my writing, he knows I did not put enough detail in, hence why I have a B instead of an A.

Discrete Mathematics - A

This class is a joke. It is not real mathematics. I typically pride myself in being prety good at math. But trying to avoid a certain statistics teacher, because they would not allow me to take Calculus or Pre-Calulus, because I did not have enough prerequisites for the former and too many for the latter, I ended up in the "dumb" math class. I never score below a 100 on tests.

AP English - A

My teacher likes me a whole lot. He is also my debate teacher and he often treats me as an equal, which is something he does not afford most students. I have taught both his Debate Class and his Freshman English Class in the past. He thinks that my essays are wonderful, and being that English is basically comprised of essays, he gives them a good grade and thus me a good grade.

AP Economics - C

This is a difficult course in which I also do not take notes or study even though I certainly should. I think my understanding of economics deseves a C, and studying wouldn't make me a particulaly better economist. This is not the reason I do not study, that is simple laziness, but I think the grade of C is fair, so I do not protest it.

German I - D

I got tricked into taking this course by trying to get out of Latin. I could not get out of it, and it turned out that the class revolves around homework, a task that I do not like doing. I am also not very good at learning Foreign Languages, because, frankly, I am not that smart. The combination of my laziness and my inability to learn languages, gives me a D in this course.

AP Latin Literature - B

Latin IV is intense, but I manage to pull off a B in the course despitenot being able to comprehend Latin as a language or the vocabulay therein. My Latin teacher is not real, though. She allows ridiculous amounts of extra credit that make is so it is very easy to do sort o well in the course, but to excel is quite difficult.

Advanced Forensices (Honors Debate) - A

This is my most secure A, as I help teach the class. While I would not call myself a "Master Debater" of sorts, I am more accomplished than any of the other students in the class. I also know a good bit of voice stuff from doing Drama and whatnot.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MATH 021 COLLEGE ALGEBRA I 3.0 C+ 6.99
I did better than I thought I would, worsse than I was capable of. I took the same class the past 2 years, so I didnt really pay attention again.

HIST 083S 1ST-YEAR SMNR 3.0 D 3.00
This one is the biggest surprise on here. I thought for sure I got a C or higher here, but since the grade was based almost entirely off essays...

ASTRO001 ASTRO UNIVERSE 3.0 D 3.00
The teacher in this class was less prepared than I was. His test questions hardly related to the material at all, and he admitted that it looked like he wasnt teaching us well.

PSY 002 PSYCHOLOGY 3.0 A- 11.01
I narrowly pulled this one off. I must have done extremely well on the finals, because every reasonable way I calculated this grade, I wound up with a B+, which felt like a waste. I was also expecting this to save my GPA, but my surprisingly low grade on my history class dashed those hopes.

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Physics : B-
Mathematics : A+
Japanese : A+
General Science : B-
PE : A
Home Economics : B+
Social Studies : B+
English : B+

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Biodiversity: A (3 credit hours) - 12 GPA pts
Biodiversity Lab: B (1 credit hour) -3 GPA pts
G. Chem I: A (3 credit hours) - 12 GPA pts
G. Chem I Lab: B (1 credit hour) - 3 GPA pts
World Civilization Honors: A (3 credit hours) - 12 GPA pts
English Comp & Rhet: A (3 credit hours) - 12 GPA pts

Cumulative GPA: 3.85
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grades just came out yesterday. Numbers in parentheses indicates the drop or rise of grades from the last one.

Algebra - 90% (-5). Good enough to qualify me for exemption on the final exams this March even with the huge drop and all that.

Biology - 93% (+1). Meh. Qualifying for exemption here too. I actually thought I was going to drop here, thankfully not.

English Literature/Grammar - 83% (+2). I finally do something with that pathetic 83%. It's not much, but at least I've raised it.

Filipino Literature (No grammar here, wooo) - 88% (+2). Um, considering how I took this subject as sort of a joke cause of the teacher, I surprisingly got something like this. I actually laughed when I got this, but it's true.

Social Studies - 89% (-2). I seriously don't know how I could've dropped this. Getting 98% in the final exam does not seem to agree with it.

Religion - 87% (-3). Not surprised considering how boring the class was. Nothing exciting, almost every day was chatter.

So, out of 6, I qualify for final exemption for 2? Good enough, although I actually wanted exemption on Religion since the Biology and Religion tests are on the same day, thus enabling me to not go to school at all. Shame the ones I got are on two separate days.

Oh, and in some sort of interesting-but-weird note, these grades enable me to run for some retarted council job at school. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This semester sucked for me overall as I got the lowest grade I've ever received in college and repeated the second lowest. My GPA dropped quite a bit too. Then again, "quite a bit" for me involves hundreds of points since I have 150 credits now after four years and that slows down the GPA changes quite a bit. But I still don't mind sharing as humiliation is always a good motivator to do better. We'll start with the good ones though.

Advanced Japanese Composition and Communication (3 credits) - A
Saw this one coming. Great class, I learned a lot and got a good deal of vocal practice as opposed to last semester which was mostly writing/reading. I had A's on everything except one exam (a B+) so not a surprise.

Capstone Presentations (1 credit) - A
A physics course in which I gave two presentations on my research project and wrote a paper on it. Not a big deal, but sadly only one credit so it doesn't help my GPA much.

Art & Science of Holography (3 credits) - A-
A class about holograms and how to make them. It was designed for non-physics-majors and thus, there was little to no math involved and our grades were largely based on our holograms and lab reports. I did wonderfully on all of my reports and my independent project. However, I did bomb one quiz (I skipped a class and didn't review so I guessed on half of it) and one of our holograms only got a B. That was enough to tack on the minus sign I guess.

Techniques of Applied Math II (3 credits) - B+
This course was all about solving partial differential equations (the wave equation, heat equation), sometimes in multiple dimensions and less than easy coordinate systems. Great professor though and I learned a bit. I probably would have gotten an A had I done the homework or at least studied for the exams.

Senior Lab (4 credits) - C+
We repeated some Nobel prize winning experiments or did similar ones. We did Auger electron spectroscopy, Rutherford backscattering, played with a scanning tunneling microscope, and made a superconductor at liquid nitrogen temperature. I received perfect scores on the condition of my lab notebook and my oral presentations in class, but he nickel and dimed me on all of my lab writeups and homework (which I must say was extremely difficult for his course) so that dropped me down to this grade. This is what hurt me the most as it's four credits at a low grade. Tied for what is now my second worst grade that I received in astrophysics. At least then it was because I failed an exam...

Electricity and Magnetism II (3 credits) - C
When it comes to my physics knowledge, E&M is my Achilles' heel. It involves way too much math for me not to screw it up and it takes me forever to grasp even the most basic concepts for some reason, let alone the finer details that I'm always tested over. It usually takes some major screwups and a lot of reviewing for me to be able to at least make a good attempt at these sorts of problems. Sadly the major screwups were usually on the weekly quizzes and because I was so damn busy this semester, I didn't turn in about 1/4 to 1/3 of the homework. All of this has culminated into my lowest grade in college. If I didn't absolutely detest the subject, I'd take it again to raise my grade...but this was my second time through this particular course anyway. The first time, everything just flew over my head and I dropped it before I could fail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: