Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The World Cup 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'm not impressed. However, I'm not foolish enough to write them off after a single game either. That said, I hope it's a sign of things to come.

However you wrote off Germany some pages ago, didn't you?

Yeah, Brazil could do many more, but I really believe it's time for Ronaldo to give space to someone else, in this case to Robinho. I still think Adriano and Robinho should be a great duo in Brazil's attack.

France vs Switzerland had what it deserved.

South Korea vs Togo had the referee showing first the red then the yellow card, which along with a good game, made it even better.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fundertaker wrote:
However you wrote off Germany some pages ago, didn't you?

Yes, I did. And I will continue to do so. Even Brazil's notoriously shoddy defense didn't concede two goals, or even one, to an attack force far superior to Costa Rica's aging ex-mediocre Premiership striker.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK then. Let's see if they suffer another 2 against Poland tomorrow. If they do, I'll shut about any team's defense excluding Portugal.

Because tomorrow we have Germany (good attack, poor (some say 100%, class A guaranteed crappy) defense) vs Poland (the worst team I've seen until now. If Germany's defense was bad because of 2 goals by Wanchope, what to say about a defense that takes 2 goals with an attack with C. Delgado), Spain vs Ukraine (the game I want to really see tomorrow) and Tunisia vs Saudi Arabia (won't even take a look).

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Germany's defense ( not that I have any reason to defend them ) their defenders are just slow. They tried the offside trap a few times and sometimes it worked but when it didn't they just couldn't do anything and exposed the keeper.

This is a stark contrast to the last world cup where the great Kahn only let 3 goals past him, two of those to Brazil in the final. Germany IMO are a defensive team, this year they're going full offense but they dont have the solid presence of Kahn at the back to pick up their confidence. There are a lot of strikers around the world that are fast like Wacombe and if what they showed thus far is how they're going to defend they're in trouble.

Spain I'm hoping for big things from. They are known to choke in big tournaments like this but they certainly have the class and talent to get far. It is about time they showed their full force in a world cup as France, England, Germany and Italy already have cups to their name.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Germany's defense is awful...
Klinsmann has pushed off almost every player with some real world cup experience. This was because the team was too old. I agree with him on this, but I fear he has brought the change too fast to compensate. We have at the moment a defense which is stunned by their feelings to be at a world cup in the own country.

I think Lehmann is a great keeper, but I feel it needs Kahn, because other than Lehmann hasn't he been at the bench the last two cups... Kahn is a lot more experienced to handle his defense I suppose. These two things together are working against the German defense. I could call it in one word: inexperience.
To hear the team say things about everything will be fine as long as we score two times more are ridiculous and show that they aren't really working on progress, but that they plan to push the players like Klose, Podolski, Neuville and Schweinsteiger more.

What can I say more? I think the rejuvenation of the team was way too fast. It was necessayr, yes, but Klinsmann took too many young inexperienced guys. On the other side I saw Zidane who wasn't able to make much difference in my opinion, Figo who was not the best player in his team and Ronaldo... Yeah, and Ronaldo... We will see at the end of the world cup whether Klinsmann's strategy was good enough, really good or really bad.

The Fool
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, as if this thread is useful anymore...
Italy won already :)
looking forward for World Cup 2010 and i'm not very happy about it though, because many good players are retiring for their own reasons... :roll:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: