Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Bosses in the Game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phroudon

Lizard Clan - larvae

2500 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Bosses in the Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Been playing suikoden V bout 20 hours and I think I only encoutered one boss that was the two fat guys in the sindar ruins!My question is does the game have many bosses or not and are they challenging because I want the bosses to be like suikoden 2(where you die and have to level up and have some sort of tactic to defeat it)!dont need to know what bosses are and where you encouter them just want to know if are many and if they are hard to beat?
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's what I can list from the top of my head. Of course, they may be wrong, but:

- Copper Sun x2 (Ceras Lake)
- Euram, Guard x5 (Sable, quite hard cause your party isn't that good)
- Dolph (Beaver Lodge)
- Pirate Captain, Pirate Lackey x5 (Nirva Island Lighthouse)
- Alenia and Godwin troops x5 (Doraat)
- Alenia and Godwin Troops x5 (New Queen's Campaign, Team Roy)
- Zahhak and Godwin troops x5 (New QUEEN"S Campaign, Team Kyle)
- Galleon and Elite Guard x5 (New Queen's Campaign, Team Prince)
- Ancient Creeper (Twilight Forest Ruins)

Those are what I can think of rgiht now. I'm not too sure about the three-party bosses at the end of the game though, on who gets what.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
marlacon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was at level 58 and the last boss almost destroyed me. last character alived keeled it. It was my first playthough though.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the entire game to be almost embarrassingly easy, so I don't know that you'll have any problems. Other people have told me that they found certain parts difficult though, so I don't know. For most bosses, I didn't think that a specific tactic was required, just an application of brute force in the quickest manner possible combined with tactical use of healing. Healing is a bit more of a factor in this game since your healing spells heal exactly what their 'number' is, like the Shining Light spell healing exactly 200 hitpoints, instead of 200+.

Of course, I thought all of the Suikoden games were almost embarrassingly easy. Suikoden II had a couple of demi-challenging boss fights, and I thought Suikoden III had the most difficult final boss (even though you had that armada of True Elemental Runes to fight it...maybe I just didn't do as well in the Suikoden III battle system?)

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gotta agree with ya parallax. the final boss in this game was way to easy and should be embarassed. i wouldn't even really call that a final boss since most final bosses are hard to beat.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(spoilers...I guess)

I also found the final boss to be unbelievably easy. I just stuck Belcoot in the front row and had him defend, healed the party every other turn with the Shield Rune, and that was it.

As for the other bosses, as noted above most of them tend to be just characters who fight you for story reasons, not random "boss monsters" in dungeons. Suikoden V, however, does retain the trait of having a stronger mini-boss in encounter areas, seen randomly.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're forgetting some bosses before the two Copper Suns. These are just some I can think of off the top of my head...

SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST CHUNK OF THE GAME

-The 3 Ulse you fight in Lordlake
-The lizard on the boat
-Dolph and Childerich (yes, you can beat them)
-Cius, Lelei, and co.

They're not listed as "bosses" in the Brady Games guide, but the boss music plays while you fight them. Trust me, there are plenty of bosses in the game (plus the ones you randomly run into like in III).

As for the difficulty, I found V to be the second hardest in the series (behind III). Yes, it is incredibly easy, but there were still some challenging parts for me on my first playthrough. Besides, I think the games are meant to be easy (even III was pretty easy). If the games were hard, everyone would be discouraged from using all the different characters we have available. Instead of using your favorite characters, everyone would essentially be forced into using the strongest ones in the game. The battles being easy makes experimenting easy to do and makes the gameplay more fun for me. I can focus more on enjoying all the customization of the party and the story, and less on worrying about some overly complex strategy.

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

really?? i thought as the hardest boss in the game is the final boss though... :oops:
(maybe because i'm not really used to or because i use the power of the Dawn and Twilight Rune which is weak against the Sun Incarnation...)
but well, i defeated it only when i fought it once though, so, i also didn't think it's the hardest, but still, i have struggled against it... :roll:
Sasarai109

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not sure if it's mentioned but if you go back to the Ship Graveyard with Yahr, Nelis you can fight that same Boss over again. He gives you some new items, and he's good to fight for some EXP. I'm not sure why they made it so you could fight it twice but they have some new dialogue that explains a bit about why that Hydra was still alive.

"For me to call someone my friend they must be equal to me in all respects"
Griffith- Berserk
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS

The only bosses worth mentioning in my opinion are the three guardians of the final Sindar ruins but that was because my main party had to be divided into three groups. I've never voluntarily used Georg Prime and Zweig all throughout the game so that made it a little difficult for me. But it wasn't very difficult to the point that I die though.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
phroudon

Lizard Clan - larvae

2500 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ill try not to level up to much so I can have a challenge :)
I guess on suikoden VI they must improve on the dificulty,want to have my party be beaten the hell out,so I can put runes that I now are useful,dont like using runes just for the show!!
thanks for the info!!
Oh and also thought that suikoden3 final boss was one of the harddest but not that hard ;)

Plus game bosses that were hard for me were in star ocean3,lenneth and so on!!once again thanks
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have to agree a bit with you there. The only challenging boss is the Wind Rincar. Although Beast Rune's negative status effects were annoying, making me take a while before I defeated it. And of course Luca Blight too. (ooopps! :off topic: )
I think I'll stop now.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bosses are much easier in Suikoden 5 compared to others, basically if you have certain characters in your party, it is hard for you to lose.

Spoilers are located below, so I wouldn't read if you haven't completed the game.

Zerase - Star rune allows her to completely kick ass in a boss fight and still have an array of spells left over for smaller boss fights afterwards.

Georg - His strength and killer rune are overstated (with good reason), and is one of those characters, even with a blunt level 1 sword, would still take vast amounts of damage off most enemies. His strength is part of the story, but in a gameplay sense, makes it rather easy.

Jeane or Levi - Strong magicians who can just bombard bosses with their magic whilst some weaker allies attack, the boss usually dies within a few turns.

The Dawn rune and Twighlight rune make any enemies with the exception of the Sun Rune incarnation easy as chips.

The guardians of the ruins were fairly hard solely because you couldn't use one main party, so you were forced to use some characters, you probably never use, whic made for a nice challenge. :)
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sasarai109 wrote:
Not sure if it's mentioned but if you go back to the Ship Graveyard with Yahr, Nelis you can fight that same Boss over again. He gives you some new items, and he's good to fight for some EXP. I'm not sure why they made it so you could fight it twice but they have some new dialogue that explains a bit about why that Hydra was still alive.

you don't even need yahr and nelis in order to fight it again. i just went passed the same place and bam it showed up and i didn't have the 2 in my party or with me.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Suikofreak

Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I though that almost every boss in the game was easy. Except for the last four. The three gaurdians of the Ashtwal Mts. wouldn't have been so hard if it was for the main party being spolit to even out the much weaker people i had in my teams. -I like to level up a core party not waste my time with the weak like Raven or Kisara- also even with my great party all being at level sixty four or higher the sun rune provided a pretty good challenge, probably because i put Georg in my party and his magic defense was about sixty five at the time so he died in the first wave of attacks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: