Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Character's List Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Character's List Error Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you found error in Character's List such as : Missing link, wrong name, unlinked character's name, or any kind of error at the Character's List please post here.
I'll try to fix it ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every page here has a navigation down the left side that has a character list and relic list A-Z all linked to HTML pages when it should link PHP pages.

http://www.suikox.com/spec/*
http://www.suikox.com/legacies/*
http://www.suikox.com/geo/grasslands.php

*the star means any page in that directory.

Half the pages hold links to HTML pages, some hold links to PHP pages. It appears as though there are one and a half copies of the site. One in PHP and half a site still in HTML and easily accessible enough that some can run into lots of broken links.

http://www.suikox.com/geo.html --> all the links at the top (SARS Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies) point to HTML pages. This means that the "SARS Home" link does not work since this page does not exist. The pages linked here don't work all that well either such as the Legacies page in HTML

How does one end up in the HTML half?

Suikox.com ->

The Relic Pages like this one still have links to character pages in HTML. Example, the Listening Crystal links to Badeaux but links to an HTML page (charb.html) instead of a PHP page (charb.php).

Another example: this relic page links to another relic (Sindars) which is an HTML page. This will take you to the HTML portion of the site and trap you resulting in broken links.

Harmonia's geography page links to a bad page off-site called the Howling Voice Guild Page

Those are all the ones I could find, hope this helps
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, that's some real helpful stuff. Always nice when error reports are this concise and not just simply, "I think something's broken."
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I don't know if I should post it here since it doesn't have anything to do with the character lists. The war faq has all links to *.html pages.

If you have access to a unix/linux box, you could just run the whole site through this little script I wrote to fix another person's web site, slightly modified of course:
Code:

#!/bin/sh

number=0
FOUND=0

for filename in *
do
    echo "$filename" | grep -q ".html" # only go through files ending in .html
    if [ $? -eq $FOUND ]
    then
        fname="${filename}"
        cat ${fname} | sed -e "s/.html/.php/g" > ${fname} #replace all occurances of .html with .php
        let "number += 1"
    fi
done
echo "$number file(s) fixed."
exit 0

Then to run through all *.php files on the site, you would change line 8 to have `grep -q ".php"` instead of .html -- obviously you'd want to double check but if the whole site is in *.php files, this should do it. Whether or not it's safe or not is another matter. It really depends how many times the string ".html" shows up in the various pages that aren't links.

Even safer would be to change line 12 to the below code block, but it would probably miss a few links.
Code:
        cat ${fname} | sed -e "s/.html\"/.php\"/g" > ${fname}

...but that assumes all your HTML links are written like this <a href="link.to.file.html">asdf</a> (note the double quotes on href), but this may miss anchored links but another edit to line 12 would easily fix it.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Judo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was going through the character list and noticed some errors and some links that don't seem to work, so I thought of going through the whole list and find as much of them as I can...I'm not sure if you knew about them or not, but anyways, I'll just list them here.

Basil: Most of his description is...um...clickable...where it looks like the only thing that was supposed to be clickable was HeroIV ._.;

Brec: Half of the text is clickable, also seemed to be caused by HeroIV reference.

Gary: Clicking on Ema's name takes you to the H name list.

Kanaan: Clicking on Tir's name takes you to the T name list, where as his description is actually located in the H list.

Mina: Clicking on Tir's name takes you to the T name list, should be H list.

Mina(cat): Clicking on Tir's name takes you to the T name list, should be H list.

Ridley: A sentence is clickable and sends you to Leon's bio.

Ruby: Clicking on Nash's name takes you to an error page.

Setsu: Half the text is clickable.

Thomas: Clicking on Louma and Durabum takes you to an error page.

Thrash: Clicking on Tir's name takes you to the T name list, should be H list.

Trishtan: His name is written as Pablo... ._.; Also, Position should be under Origin.

Wendel: Her name is written as Tov <.<;

Yen Qin: Clicking on Jinkai's, Shunmin's and Hai Yo's names, takes you to an error page.

Yu: His name is written as Tov.

Yuili: Clicking on Chris's name takes you to an error page.

Yun: Clicking on Wyatt's name takes you to an error page.

Well, that's it. I it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: