Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

ethnic food
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My family has been in America for a few generations, so we don't have a ton. My grandmother is Polish, so we have kielbasa every once in a while. She boils it though, so I don't like it as much (I prefer to grill it). She also makes stuffed cabbage (I just eat the "stuff", lol), and corned beef dishes (Irish dish, my grandpa is of Irish descent).

Myself, I just eat meat and potato dishes, I get that from my grandfather. No fish, not many veggies. I eat a lot of fruit though, and bread is a big part of my diet....bottom line, anything that fits in the above categories I will eat.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kielbasa, YUM.

Being Nova Scotian, there are quite a few odd things around here. We're a very multi-cultural province as with many coastal provinces (and cities, especially) we receive a lot of immigrants who come here to work and live. So we have a ton of awesome "ethnic food" restaurants around, which I'm eager to check out once I'm more city-savvy. Weird seafood stuff, we got that too.

I'm sure the most famous food Canada is known for is poutine. I didn't particularly care for it when I was younger, but I am craving it now as I'm older. Haven't had it in years. Oh dear, I think I'll get some this week. It's cheese and gravy melted over salted fries. Yowza. There are also donairs, which is just Maritimes-exclusive, but it's a pizza-item, basically this really good meat wrapped in fried, greased peta bread. SOOO GOOD.

I am ready for some good old Canadian junk food now...
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i'm all ethnic. I had lived in five different countries, and i love trying out new foods. I'm from Pakistan, and therefore i eat Indian food on a daily basis. But what i love having is Masala dosa. One problem with Indian food is that everything is oily, and supposed to be eaten with hand, no utensils. Spiciness is not a problem for me.

One of the countries i had lived in was also Singapore, for a good 4 years. So my family has got some taste for Chinese food, and has a little bit of a Far East influence in our furniture. But i love eating Indo food. Satay, nasi goreng, mie goreng, soto ayam, the lot. It's all good!

I have tried many other foods, like Turkish (Go Baclava!), Japanese, Thai, Italian, etc. But i don't think i had ever had French. I would like to go to a french restaraunt, given that i can afford it.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: