Suikoden Unique and Illegal Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikox Chat?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Google search for IRC clients

What you need to get on IRC is an IRC client. On Windows, the most popular client is mIRC.

You can download miRC from here. download miRC. I have yet to find a free IRC client right now for Windows, though. mIRC is shareware and you can use it for 30 days.

You download the client and install it, and when you launch it, you are given a prompt that looks a little like an AIM client.

To connect to the SuikoX channel, first, you need to connect to the server. You can do that by typing:

Code:
/connect irc.rizon.net

You will get a bunch of text. Then, to join the channel, type:

Code:
/join #suikox

To change your nickname, type
Code:
/nick EveryonesGrudge
(for example).

You can then type in the text box to send a message to everyone.

mIRC has some client-specific commands as well, but I don't know them that well, but the above commands will work for every client.

That will be enough to get you started! Hope it helps!
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Works for me...

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does not work for me here at work. I'll try it at home.

EDIT: Yep, that works for me also.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been talking to Scarlet Assassin about "unifying" the chat rooms, so to encourage the use of the IRC room instead of the AIM room. The AIM room has its purpose but isn't as persistent as IRC.

If you guys possibly can, log in to irc.rizon.net #suikox and idle even if no one's chatting. Before long, we'll have enough permanent idlers around at all hours of the day that the chatroom will be busy whenever you log in. I'm going to be going on vacation next week, though, so I'll be idle for a long time. :p

IRC is still new to most people, and IRC has a bit of a bad reputation, but the only people who will be coming in there are people from SuikoX. It'll be fun! Even SARS was chatting last night.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, mIRC! I haven't been on IRC since I was like 16. XD Ah, nostalgia! But I'm not a real big chatter, as my erm, nonexistence on AIM moer or less proves, so maybe that's why. ^^;

Doesn't work for me yet. :( I'll keep trying to find something.

Arcana, it's been a while since I've been in Mirc, but couldn't you set up a bot to pretty much just constantly idle?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll log in tomorrow! :mrgreen: I haven't been on mIRC for like a year...

So to boost the room's popularity, maybe this can be advertized more on the forum/main site? Cause I'm sure there's chatters on the site that don't know of this thread.

Sophita wrote:
Arcana, it's been a while since I've been in Mirc, but couldn't you set up a bot to pretty much just constantly idle?

Yes! I'd be talking to it all the time. :mrgreen:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What we need in here is a bot with trivia! I used to have a bunch of cool eggdrop scripts, but that was a long time ago. Unfortunately I take it they have their own bot-sniffer on the network so it's probably best not to get ourselves all banned by bringing one in.

Anyway, I'll idle in there...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured what the chat-room needs to achieve some sort of regular popularity is... me.

So, I'll hang out and generally be brilliant and you can all bask in my aura, cultivated by years of mediation and not taking showers.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
I figured what the chat-room needs to achieve some sort of regular popularity is... me.

So, I'll hang out and generally be brilliant and you can all bask in my aura, cultivated by years of mediation and not taking showers.

Gah I just met my twin.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For Firefox users, install the ChatZilla add on and there's no need to go through the hassle of downloading (and having to register) mIRC.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Elc, you rule. I'll try to appear around there from time to time.

EDIT:

I'm in! And I believe several members have been killed in front of their computer. I entered the chat said Hi and no one, I mean no one asked for an autograph, neither did they answer my "hello". We must inform the authorities.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't work for me. D: I get a meesage like this when I try to connect to irc.rizon.net~

Permission Denied - You're not an IRC operator.

We need to be an operator? o_O

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. >_>

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Wraith

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:
Thanks Elc, you rule. I'll try to appear around there from time to time.

EDIT:

I'm in! And I believe several members have been killed in front of their computer. I entered the chat said Hi and no one, I mean no one asked for an autograph, neither did they answer my "hello". We must inform the authorities.

Yeah, its like no one is there...

Whats the point in having a chat if no one is going to chat?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you see there are these things called Time Zones first of all and then some of us are just too lazy to quit when we aren't actually at our computer like when we're working or something (mostly something in my case). And really, telling everyone "No one's even there" isn't exactly going to encourage everyone to go sign on now is it? If no one is talking to you when you sign on, then sign on at a different time (3:30 AM London time works really well, if you're interested).

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be on for the rest of the evening seeing as I'm on the ol' computer anyway. Business is about to pick up!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: