Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why are ingame pics of Suiko1 and 2 so hard to find?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Why are ingame pics of Suiko1 and 2 so hard to find? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't find any decent ingame pics to those games. let alone finding pics of ingame pics of tir Mcdol in Suiko2. Besides Suikisourse{think I spelled wrong) finging pics are murder. I brought Suiko1 so seeing pics to that is no concern. But Suiko2 seeing how spells are cast is a dream. :evil:
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, i suppose there is a cheap way of doing things.

One, get a PS Emulator. Any. They say the best one is VGS, but i had my share of problems with it.

Well, second of all, make sure your game works on it. It's supposed to, but there is no guarantees in life.

And third of all, (if it works) use the Print Screen button when you want to caputre the image you want. In other words, make your own screenshots! Also, some of the PS Emulators will have the Save Shot thingy. That works as well.

I hope you can get the images you want this way.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Why are ingame pics of Suiko1 and 2 so hard to find? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate wrote:
I can't find no decent ingame pics to those games. let alone finding pics of ingame pics of tir Mcdol in Suiko2. Besides Suikisourse{think I spelled wrong) finging pics are murder. I brought Suiko1 so seeing pics to that is no concern. But Suiko2 seeing how spells are cast is a dream. :evil:

What exactly are you looking for? In-game picture of Tir McDohl? While doing what? Just the sprites? The character art? Or the portrait or what? Please be more specific, otherwise I couldn't really help you.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1129479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tekknopirate, if you're looking for Tir's sprite in Suikoden II, it is the same as the original game. The only real difference is when he's sitting on the dock fishing while in Banner. As you've already mentioned Suikosource, they have the character portrait there. I wish I could be of more help to you with finding screenshots, but I currently don't have a setup which can accomodate that.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I too can't help you with finding what pictures you want, but I can tell you why there aren't many on the internet. Most in-game pictures on the internet are for previews of games which are going to come out, because nobody cares once the game is out(they could just get the game instead of looking at pictures on the internet). There wasn't really much of an Suikoden presence on the internet before Suikoden II came out. Absolutely no internet presence pre-Suikoden I. And just a few small sites that predated Suikoden II, most of which are long gone. So there was never a time on the internet where people wanted to see pictures of the early games.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I can't find no decent ingame pics to those games. let alone finding pics of ingame pics of tir Mcdol in Suiko2. Besides Suikisourse{think I spelled wrong) finging pics are murder. I brought Suiko1 so seeing pics to that is no concern. But Suiko2 seeing how spells are cast is a dream.

I'm not too sure what you are asking for exactly but here is a site which has loads and loads of pictures including screenshots for both Suikoden 1 & 2 (along with a whole host of other games).

I hope you can find what you are looking for.

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thxs to the people in this topic that offered help and advice. And thxs to Moody Mage also, I did find those slew of pics. Even though I couldn't find tir, I'm going to just buy Suikoden 2 off of e-bay.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh....i see, now what we need is a compleate! sprite sheet of the chracters, even rare movements (like if somone shrugs, or does a "i'm gonna get you" body stance)

my TV tuner isn't very good, and I don't know if ISSUES has one or not. otherwise for Suikoden 1 and 2, they have "iso images", I take if one can rip from there.

I'm not too into sprite comics, but I feel for those who make them. seeing as how this is a screen shot post this is a revelent post.

anway Tekkno, congrads on your chose. and a deep somber sorry for your wallet. my S2 was $64 , sans instruction booklet, a friend bought a copy from e-bay for $102 (with booklet)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: