Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

more Morals smorals laws smaws!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... I don't mean to be rude, but order is an illusion we use to delude ourselves. As long as we try to live in peace together and stay together, arguments will break out. Differences in religion, thinking, anything. Even if you set up an enforced system, it is a zero chance every single person will follow it. That's the point of the human race I made... We can never move forward without chaos. There will always be rebellions in every government, always something harmed by our actions. I'm not saying nature isn't chaotic, but it is a balanced chaos that always evens itself out. Humans unbalance something when they try to balance the things they have already unbalanced... We are chaos, it's just that most of us will never accept ourselves for what we are and admit it. You can throw around all the pretty words you like, but this is the ultimate overlook and flow of things. We can never work as one, thus we only hurt ourselves and everything around us. Each action we make makes a small difference everywhere else. Think: if you throw a pebble in the water, it makes a tiny ripple. That ripple could slightly change the current for a small fish and cause a slight delay in it's path of movement. That pebble slightly raises the water level. It may not seem like much, but after a while you see that it may have made a difference of a mere second. Imagine if you factored in everybody's tiny bits like this... each action causes a small amount of harmless discord, but multiply that times a few billion people.

My point is, people are not one minded, so a state of order can never truly exist. Sure, we can have order under one goal, but what about each person's other goals. I simply mean that by being different and having seperate wills, we are chaos itself.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valec, you've been playing too many RPGs. This whole nihilistic "no point in getting along, chaos rules!" bit is a little tiring and depressing. And inaccurate! Arguments breaking out between people of different worldviews does not equal a complete inability for humans to ever effectively get along. There are such things as friendly debates, and we don't need to be a part of some unconflicting collective consciousness to be at peace, or at order. People of various mindsets can get along just fine without chaos breaking out and civilization as we know it collapsing around us.

In a proper working society, you ought to have people of many beliefs and moral inclinations. Just because these people are different doesn't mean culture is doomed and we shouldn't bother with it. Some people give up personal liberties for the common good, some people agree to disagree, some people compromise, some people just debate. It's okay to have people of different ideologies in the same society. We don't need to resort to anarchy just because we may not all get along as well as we'd like to.

Seriously, the nihilism has got to go. This whole "chaos" thing is weirding me out.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... Who said anything about resorting to anarchy?

I'm simply stating what we are. I said nothing about commiting anarchy, simply that nothing is perfect. Thus, chaos comes with our existence. You just basically restated me in different words without saying they are chaotic.

I don't want to get in a heated argument over my beliefs on things, so don't judge me.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John wrote:
Cherry picky all the pretty little details you want, spiders don't create webs to impress you. As I've stated, the supposed beauty of a web designed to capture other creatures for live consumption is completely arbitrary. The web looks pretty so everything is harmonious? Please.

I have to admit that my sentences weren't easy to understand, because of my bad explanation. Nonetheless I wasn't referring to the eating another creature when I was telling you about the harmony in a spider's web. I was only talking about the system in which a web is build. Nothing more. Though I have to admit that even the capturing and killing of the "meal" is harmonous, because the spider won't be catching hundreds of flies or other creatures and will let them rot. On the other side it is harmonous, because the spider who eats the fly can as easily be the meal for another creature.

Quote:
What have human beings done? We have shattered the evolutionary curve. We have mastered flight, without wings. Underwater exploration, without gills. We have climbed the highest mountains, explored the coldest depths and borne the hottest heat. We have propelled ourselves into space. We have created the ability to communicate instantly with any other point on the planet. We have claimed this planet and no species yet has come anywhere near toppling us from our perch.

Yeah, this kind of harmony lacks in mankind, because the danger to be eaten by another creature is low. About the mastership of mankind: We are behaving reckless towards our planet and if we really are on top we are making a bad job. If it's seems we might be on top, but not as legitime leader, but as oppressor.[/quote]

The Fool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: