Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden I problem - Neclord's Castle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irhxcbcziuzxs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Suikoden I problem - Neclord's Castle Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there anyway to leave Neclords castle once your in it, because im out of medicines, and i dont have a healer in my party, and i only have one save
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you have an escape scroll or whatever the dungeon escape item is, maybe; it's been too long.

i think you can, but if you do, for the love of god, go back to hq and get a healer in your party; there are too many random encounters between the front door and neclord's lair to be without one!

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no you can't use an escape scroll in there. those only work on dungeons in 1.

but yes you can leave. just go back to the entrance and talk to zork and he'll get out of your way. but ya go get a healer or put a flowing or water rune on hix since he has a decent magic stat when you level him up.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could've sworn there was a nice Zombie in the castle (perhaps the basement) that cures everyone?

Anyway, I'll move this to the Gameplay forum.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nope the zombie in the castle only gives out clues and hints.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can leave the castle. Zorak will get a little angry, but he will get out of your way. Healing is not necessarily a problem, though. The Soul Eater can cut through enough random encounters to get you to the point you can Let Go. Also, about two floors from the top there is a room with four coffins. If you approach the lower right coffin from the right-hand side you can rest in it like an inn and refresh your HP and MP as many times as you want. The Neclord is like two floors up and you can Let Go everything until you get to him. You cannot save in that room, though.

If you are going to get a healer, I would recommend Fukien. Scream can heal the entire party and Yell can heal, as well as raises fallen party members. He will almost assuredly get a 4th level spell by around level 47-48, and Charm Arrow does 1000+ points of damage to Neclord. Just don't use it until round two. Scolding does about 250 so Fukien's still OK. He needs a magic stat of 131 (no equipment boosts) to get a level 4 spell, so bring Magic Rune Pieces just in case.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've been told that sarah's a good bet if you want to go stricly with water based runes, plus she's supposed to do some decent damage with her weapon attack.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too fell to this, i hadn't used a healer at all through the game, got to Neclord's castle and well....

I left and kicked Pahn out of the party then put a water/flowing (i can't remember which, if it was Water i swapped it with Flowing later on) on to Rubi, got myself a new healer and a new powerful attacker, go me!

After that Rubi never left the party.
KratosJudgement

Hell Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was so angry at the painting in Neclord'd castle that I wanted to scream and cry like a 3 year old I didn't need a healer I went through so many battles that I leveled high enough to where I could let go every battle so I could finally figure out the painting puzzle without having to fight every 5 seconds.

Last edited by KratosJudgement on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What?
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
i've been told that sarah's a good bet if you want to go stricly with water based runes, plus she's supposed to do some decent damage with her weapon attack.

I fully support this post.

Sarah is a thing of wonder. Really good damage, and a really good magic stat. Go for Sarah. She won't let you down.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Sarah's a popular person to take to Neclord's castle. She can hold on her with just her weapon, and makes a pretty effective healer because of her magic stat.

Anyway, if you're too much in trouble, there's a coffin in the castle that can restore all your HP and MP, which should somehow help you if you have party members who have fallen or already have low HP. Once you have rested, try to run from every battle until you get down the castle.

Well, this thread has been quite dead for two months, so my reply would probably have been irrelevant anyway, but just a tip for the other people who might encounter the same situation as the person who started this thread. :)
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This was extremly frustrating but luckily very early on with Hix, I had given him my only Flowing rune ( i think it was my only one) and he was a great help.Anyways to be more on topic just walk out, simple. Of course though you have to first talk to Zorak but thats all.

Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just put a flowing rune on Cleo. She has one of the highest magic ratings in the game. Slap a physical enhancement rune on Hix.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion, Cleo is better off as an offensive spell caster. In this game, just having an average magic stat makes a character an impressive healer already with a Flowing Rune because its second and third spells are group healing spells, and three group spells is more than enough to last you the battle.

Cleo indeed has a pretty high magic rating, which is why it would be a waste to give her the Flowing rune, because doing so would in effect be shafting the potential damage she would make with a fire/rage, lightning/thunder, or a wind/cyclone rune. Making her an offensive magician would allow you to deal more damage to the enemy, and more damage = lesser turns = shorter battle.

Of course, that's just my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: