Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sasarai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah but Luc said to Geddoe that he was about to die cause he lost his rune. Does that means Geddoe would age faster or that he needed the power of the rune to stay alive?
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He said the power had not left him entirely... He said "The rune's power has not left you entirely, but you will die... Eventually." Or something to that effect. Geddoe seemed to be quite old as it was. He must have been, what, 40 something when he got the rune? I believe it simply meant he wouldn't live for a long time from Luc's point of view.
Sasarai109

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valec is right I remeber him saying something like that to Sasarai too didn't he?He says something like it won't kill you yet the runes power is still inside you but eventually you will die without the Rune. Maybe Geddoe would die sooner as he looks older, but Sasarai had his Rune from birth but who knows.

"For me to call someone my friend they must be equal to me in all respects"
Griffith- Berserk
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valec wrote:
He said the power had not left him entirely... He said "The rune's power has not left you entirely, but you will die... Eventually." Or something to that effect. Geddoe seemed to be quite old as it was. He must have been, what, 40 something when he got the rune? I believe it simply meant he wouldn't live for a long time from Luc's point of view.

40 is "quite old"?

Oh my god, I'm middle aged. ;)

But, yeah. I'm assuming that since the Rune was forcibly taken, he wouldn't get all those years all at once, but he would age. Maybe even a bit quicker than normal (just a theory, no clue if it's canon), but he wouldn't become 90 or something overnight.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is what I was thinking. Would he simply age faster or does he hage got a dependence of the true rune power to keep himself alive? I am using Geddoe as an example because Sasarai would have in theory much more dependence of the rune than Geddoe or anyone else, seeing that he carries it since a baby
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not necessarily, since Sasarai (and Luc, for that matter) was allowed to age normally until the point that we see him in Suikoden III, whereas Geddoe had been ageless for over fifty years.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh... no pretty much the agiong stops right around suikoden II considering they look nearly the same save costume and hair changes. If they aged up to the third game, they would look Nash's age, not teenagers.
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it merely ages to the point of physical prime... It allows them to get to the peak of their performance, but never past that. As Geddoe was probably past that point when he got the rune, he remained ageless. It makes sense.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to Suikox's timeline Geddeo was born in the Solar Year 364. The time the Second Fire Bringer War came around it was the year 475. This would make Geddeo 111 years old. I believe Geddeo got the True Lightning Rune 70 years prior to the Second Fire Bringer War (I remember the manga saying something like this) That would make Geddeo 41 years old at the time he got the True Lightning Rune. This is about the age he looks in the game. This is the age at which Geddeo's body stopped aging.

As we know, normal human beings live longer than the age of 41, even in the Suikoden world. A body doesn't die due to it being in existance for hundreds of years it dies because it ages to much. So if a body hasn't aged then it will keep on living. When Luc said that Geddeo will die eventually I'm pretty sure he was just implying that he was no longer gifted with eternal life, not that he was going to die soon. That and I highly doubt that Geddeo will now age at an accelerated rate to catch up with how long he has been alive.
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering that Luc has eternal life, dying in a decades would really mean soon...but that is not yet what I am trying to ask. What I want to ask is:
Is possible that a bearer of a true rune after a long time gains a dependece for that rune energy? Specially when the case is Sasarai. How was the process Hikusaak use it to make him alive? I always guessed that Hikusaak make the body, but it was the true earth that actually gave Sasarai a "soul"and a will.
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmmmm... Not sure on the details of Sasari's origin, but if it was the rune that gave him a soul, he should have died straight after losing the rune. Even if he still had some of the power of the rune, he should have lost his will and such.

Are you sure they're not simply his children??

The true runes intrigue me a lot, so I enjoy learning about them. I highly doubt a rune has that ability. ( The gift of a soul I mean ) However, I do believe they hold the memories of past wielders. This is a very confusing concept and Konami needs to release more information of it.
Sasarai109

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Luc & Sasarai were composed of those things inside that floating Sindar technology Orb, Luc shows Sasarai in the Crystal Valley Bishop room. I think there bodies are just hosts of those things combined so that they could be the hosts of the true Runes.

In regards to Sasarai & Luc's appearance I think they are said to of stopped their aging around 20-21. Use the Flame Champion as an example for this argument because we saw how young he looked and was in the flashback with him & Sana. He looked around 25 so then he said to Sana after everything that he'd give up his Rune and live out his life regularly. When we see Sana she is old and said the Flame Chapion died not to long before you show up a the Flame champ hideaway. So he would've lived for around 45-47 years after he gave up the Rune probably. So in that respect you could imagine that they would all live most likely till there eventual death of old age. Yeah and maybe Sasarai would be more dependant on the Rune as he was born to host it.

"For me to call someone my friend they must be equal to me in all respects"
Griffith- Berserk
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: