Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 Posters (yay!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 5 Posters (yay!) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally got my Suikoden 5 Posters, and I got them framed and everything (bout time yes I know) I took a picture for all to see:

http://nihon.kaisho.org/Abel/S5Posters.JPG

Definitely an awesome array of pics, and I would recommend trying to track them down and get them yourselves if you are at all able too :) I really like how the pictures actually connect to one another and have a proper order to be placed in *gazes at them for hours on end*

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How much did it cost you to get them? I seen some good posters on ebay for $20 a pop but I think $30+ after shipping is higher than I'm willing to pay, and I have a phobic about glossy paper having finger folds or dents. it just kills me when hard cover art books or color booklet pages have the marks made by people that flips through them without care, which is almost an unavoidable problem with shipping big posters or medium size hard papers that you'd have to roll up.
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got them off of Yahoo Auctions Japan by going thru an online middleman company :)

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they don't look like full size posters, are they like 16x20 mid size poster board ads type things?
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they are ~20x27 though when they were framed they were cropped at the bottom to remove advertisement stuff and maybe cropped a lil on the white space on the sides, but yea they are normal full sized posters.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

those are pretty dam cool. they look kick ass in those frames. 8-)

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha thanks. I think so too :D The framing people were nice enough to put those wedges in the frame's mating to correspond to each picture and what position it held on the wall, it also covered the lil psp advertisement at the bottom of each poster so I wouldnt have to crop all that space and cut off the Prince's foot in the middle picture :D.

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's amazing. I've always wished for something like this. Now if only my country would realize how great this game is. That way we can have locally purchasable merchandise we can get... Ugh, some games get all the fun.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice poster Pesmerga! Hmm maybe I should get one...
Aett

Veluan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those are pretty cool posters, I should look into finding those...

Of course, now this makes me even more curious if they'll ever release new figures of Kyril and the Prince to complete my Heroes collection. :D
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my last few posts were gone after the forum issue, but after kicking myself for unable to afford the official V promo posters at $45 each from the seller in hong kong whom I got the gaiden Vol.1 and card stories posters, I was lucky enough to track down two of the three from a really nice ebay seller after just randomly emailing her. They weren't cheap at all but it was less than the cost of the game itself for each of the two.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/jjrrs/DSCN0661.jpg

I'm sure I could have found a better way to spend my money as that wall of gensosuikoden stuff cost me over $200+, which was more than what I sold my PSP for to pay for it all. That's hardly enough things to be worth the money or be proud of, but it does fell nice getting stuff from something you love.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/schala-kid/poster2.jpg

that's the only one i got, but i havent put it up. mine must've been a display one. it's massive, and I'm too scared to unroll it. jjrrs, that's one huge collection you've got! Pesmerga, very nice! you two both got the nicer ones, but Yahoo auctions I heard are very bad.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what do you mean the yahoo auctions ones are bad? yahoo japan? I created an account there a month ago and won a gaiden book but couldn't pay for it with my visa card... now I have a -1 feedback and is too lazy to pursue it further. thought about the 3rd party services just so I can get some cool gensosuikoden stuff, but no way in hell am I gona buy a 500 yen poster or book and pay $25+ for shipping, damn I hope there are better ways to buy stuff from there.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow jjrrs those posters sure looks very cool, Pesmerga and pokey apples too :shock:
too bad i don't have any posters around, just Dragon Ball posters and they're all gone already... :(
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the way I totally understand the feeling of not wanting to screw up hanging your poster, like I said before I'd feel like killing myself if I was to put a fold with my fingers or while rolling it up since the thing was so expensive for just paper, yet when a poster comes out of a tub or a tight wrap after being rolled up it's almost impossible to get it flat without hurting it.

one of the V posters I got was brand new and plastic wrapped real tight, but I think I did a pretty good job of handling it by rolling it reversely, I tried not focusing on rolling from the edges but instead starting further down where there is not as much resistance from the paper so I won't fold it with the smallest of over pressure. after I rolled it up backward loosely I wrapped it with a shirt and left it there for a few hours and later hung it up pretty nicely. I'm sure if you have the patience to wait a day or two it will turn out even better, and I think I can proudly say that poster doesn't have a single fold mark(that I know of, and if not, I'd hope I'll never find out... damn now that I just bragged about it, I feel like it will fall down and fold real hard right in the middle, boy I hope not).

don't want to sound like a phony expert on the subject of poster hanging(since these are basically the only posters I own) but as much as I like the posters framed, I really don't have the money to do so, and it feels too simple and unprotected to me to just stick them on the wall, so I found a cheaper way to make them look sharper by adding a layer of clear plastic film on the front. I got a roll of it at an art store that is 20 inch by like 25 feet for $15, 20 inches is like the exact width of the poster so I just roll out about 30 inches long of the film, put the poster face down on it, fold up the excess film on the top and bottom to the back and clip it on both ends with some cheap $2 plastic poster clip things I got from walmart. This way even if the poster have fold marks from being rolling up or whatever, it will still be shinny and super clean on the front with a nice glossy look, and it can protect the poster a bit while only costs like $3 instead of whatever amount it'd be to frame it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: