Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden-like anime?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Suikoden-like anime? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After discovering Utawarerumono yesterday, I've gotten into war/political anime. However, I haven't had much luck in finding more of this kind of anime. So, I was hoping some of you folks here could help me.

I'm looking for an anime series that is similar to Suikoden (a group/army going against a corrupt government). If it is unliscensed, it would be a great help if you could point me to where I could find it downloadable. If it's liscensed, I'll try looking towards buying it somewhere.

I would prefer English subs if at all possible, and a source other than YouTube would be great. And lastly, I would like to know if the series is finished or not, and how many episodes it consists of (or how many its at if it's still going).

I feel like that's a lot, so any bits of help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm sounds interesting , well i think ive seen one just about the type your talking about . ummm i'll look around for ya =)
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try Soul Hunter, or Houshin Engi as it's known in Japan. It's based on an old Chinese story, just like Suikoden. The main characters themselves aren't directly involved in a war (not until later in the story, anyway), but there is a lot of political kind of stuff going on behind the scenes. Corrupt emperor, peasant revolts, betrayal...that kind of thing.
You should be able to find the discs for quite a low price. It's a 26-episode series, licensed by ADV, and it's been out for quite a while, now.

I'd also recommend Twelve Kingdoms (Juuni Koukki). I've only seen 10-12 episodes of it, so I can't say too much about it.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Legend of Galactic Heroes" has plenty of politics, military strategies, and hundreds of interesting characters. Of course, it takes place in space and everything is high-tech and all that.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Chizen Star wrote:
Try Soul Hunter, or Houshin Engi as it's known in Japan. It's based on an old Chinese story, just like Suikoden. The main characters themselves aren't directly involved in a war (not until later in the story, anyway), but there is a lot of political kind of stuff going on behind the scenes. Corrupt emperor, peasant revolts, betrayal...that kind of thing.
You should be able to find the discs for quite a low price. It's a 26-episode series, licensed by ADV, and it's been out for quite a while, now.

I'd also recommend Twelve Kingdoms (Juuni Koukki). I've only seen 10-12 episodes of it, so I can't say too much about it.

Is this what you're talking about? It's pretty cheap, and sounds interesting, so I'm definitely going to look into buying it.

Thanks so far everybody!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

or try ummm trinity blood , its a war between vampires and humans . and theres a special being in between. which is a spoiler if i explain any further. anyhow , try it , its pretty darn neat ^_^

*leave things such as UMMM and urr or anything of that nature out of your posts; while you may speak like that, writing in that way just looks stupid, since it adds nothing to the discussion.*
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:

Is this what you're talking about? It's pretty cheap, and sounds interesting, so I'm definitely going to look into buying it.

Thanks so far everybody!

Yep, that's it. Though, you'd probably save money buying the individual discs (each less than $3 on Amazon) than the box set.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are there any special additions with the box set? Otherwise, I'll probably just buy the individual discs after all.

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not that I'm aware of. I'm pretty sure it's just all the individual discs in one box.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I found it for $20 on eBay from a reliable seller, so I'm satisfied :D.

Any other suggestions? I would prefer a medieval age setting, but futuristic is fine if it's really good ;).

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, Soul Hunter looks like an awesome anime! I'm gonna go check it out
ramenNrice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not really .... ive seen the whole series of soul hunter .. not that good actually , i dont reccomend it , although it might interest you just by looking at it . its just flashy and kewl looking at covers and stuff but actually watching it is a whole different story -_- anyways, wat i would suggest for you "poorguy171" is that i'll look into an anime site and have a look at a list of genre of animes . lol
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I see. Too bad. Right now I'm watching something called "Utawarerumono". Is it any good?
ramenNrice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

umm not sure.. ive havent heard of that show yet , but ummm try mahou negi sensei >_< haha , its weally weally kewl! XD
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm watching Utawarerumono as well. And I love it! It starts out kind of slowly, but by the 4th episode, it gets very exciting and very, very Suikoden-like. I believe episodes 1-8 are out (or at least fan-subbed) at this point. I'm really looking forward to the next eppy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: