Suikoden Unique and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Has Suikoden V made you less of a fan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't understand why people hate Suikoden IV so much. Its still my favorite Suikoden (and yes, I have played II)

I enjoyed Suikoden V as much as Suikoden IV. My only problem with it are technical ones, like when it slows down when there's too many characters on the screen, or the top down perspective. other than that, its great.

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only Suikoden that I've played all the way through is 4, though I'm working on 5 as we speak. I played 3 for a while, but got kinda stuck. Tactics was kinda blah (I'm not a tactical games fan).

In my opinion there are too many time requirements in 5 for getting SoDs. There are a TON of missable ones (not so many as seemed to be in 3, which pissed me off) and there are some that even if you fulfill the requirements for them, you can't get them until you have a break in the story. WHO KNOWS WHAT THAT MEANS?!?!

****SPOILER****
Also, I wish that, like in 4 (and maybe some others I dunno) there was one character that you couldn't get until you had ALL 108!!! (Man, that was so kickass to have Snowe in the party cause he was totally worth it!)
****SPOILER END****

I didn't like how in 5 you don't get the world map until you get one of the optional SoDs, and I don't like how hard he is to get. I do like, though, how much longer it is than 4. Four just ended so damn suddenly. I reaaally had a problem with that. But I think of it as 4 just kinda being a teaser for 5 (Konami: "WE HAVE VOICES NOW! YEY!!")

Uh, sorry this was kinda off topic.

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the contrary, this game in my opinion took the right step in making Suikoden feel all "Suikodeny" again. At the beginning of the game I'll admit I had trouble getting into it, but when the HQ finally came around, my interest was fully comitted. This game reminds me a LOT of Suiko I and II, which I believe to be the greatest games in the series, as well as some of the greatest in RPG history. Like many, I believe IV, although fun to play through, was still a major let down for the series. Suikoden V goes back to the roots. Konami did a great thing with Suikoden V, now here's hoping they don't try any funny stuff with experimenting for Suikoden VI...
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh so potch does carry over right? good. The only thing i dont really like in SV is the loading time. You wont realise it at first that the loading takes a reaallyy long time but you'll realise it soon when you're hurrying around dungeon and just keeps meeting weak worthless huge legs and that stupid doremi elves (i know cause it happens alot.) Arent there any item like holy water or repel or anything that lets you dont meet monsters?
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: wishing suikoden V be more popular Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jerrios wrote:
malicesoul wrote:

Here are some pics!

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5764

As for the 2nd question...well the 108 SoD ending IS the good ending, so yes, I guess it is sad :(

Excellent! But, the first post pictures were hosted by photobucket and it seems to exceed bandwidth. Would you/anyone have probably saved in rar format or anything? I'll only be able to see it next month *laugh*

Lol sorry, I didn't know that. Anyway, I went browsing through that same thread and found this

http://www.gamehiker.com/masamune/suiko5art/

Quick get it before its down!

Quote:
oh so potch does carry over right? good. The only thing i dont really like in SV is the loading time. You wont realise it at first that the loading takes a reaallyy long time but you'll realise it soon when you're hurrying around dungeon and just keeps meeting weak worthless huge legs and that stupid doremi elves (i know cause it happens alot.) Arent there any item like holy water or repel or anything that lets you dont meet monsters?

And also, you find something called a Champion's Rune which stops all weak encounters. After you reach a certain level, random encounters stop entirely. And also, you can recuit Cathari (awesome character btw) and you'll be able to run way faster. You also defautly get this ablity in New Game+
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks a lot malicesoul! I do use Cathari. I wish i could get that godspeed rune of hers. Better than gale rune. Well im close to storming Astwalt mountain now. just running around in Eresh dungeon to get those lvls and potch. I think i miss champions orb in Jeane's dungeon :(
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, its right in the alter area where Jeane's dungeon ends. You have to travel up some stairs on the left side, I think. Its off camera, so just hit the x button in the corner where the path ends. Its covered by a wall. You're in Eresh's dungeon, so you're pretty close to it anyway, right?
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

err yeah kinda.... i teleported to Lunas already :P
Well i gotta go back anyway, i forgot to sleep when my mps already finish.
But weak monster sometimes usefull especially when you need to refill mps with magic absorb after spamming on hard monsters.

Anyone rip the opening of SV? i just love the music plus this one part where you can see Miakis reflection on Nether gates sword. Such smoothness. Everytime i play i have to watch that part.
Serpent of Wisdom

Caduceus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crono wrote:
Konami did a great thing with Suikoden V, now here's hoping they don't try any funny stuff with experimenting for Suikoden VI...

On the contrary, I do hope, they do some experiment for Suikoden VI... nothing to break the old gameplay, but something new...
Hey, we must do some experiment to be a better one right? although the result won't always be good?
And that's my reason for appreciating Suikoden IV too...
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love every single Suikoden game...
it really is an inspiring RPG and addicting....
and Suikoden V is like the best now, eventhough all the Prince's relatives died and many sad stories....
it got good storyline and i'm still playing it...
the only problem about it is just the too long playing time...
but it's good though, we can gain more potches... :mrgreen:
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. I think it takes a long time because we have to do lots of stuff to recruit all 108 characters. 50 hours at least to recruit and gain potch.

In the end my prince's lvl was 60 when i beat the final boss. The funny thing is my whole party was killed fighting that final boss. I had Zerase, Levi, Miakis, Galleon, Lyon and prince. Only the prince was still alive and he gave the final blow with the dawn rune. Really suits the situation right :P

The creation combo is really powerfull and beautiful to watch.

Oh and i got the Lym's ending :D Didnt know if you didnt get anough points you wont get that. Guess i was a good bro!

Theres one part in the game where i felt really lonely. Nobody was following me behind and the various betrayal. I alomost smashed my screen during the Queen;s Campaign :P

But the part i love the most about this game is the music. How did the composer erm how do you say.... use the most effective music on certain events that happen.
And that music on the eve of Sol Falena siege (triggered by talking to Dragon RIders i think) That was the most beautiful ever.

The thing that i dont like about this game is that... you CANT choose to watch the cut scenes after you beat the game. They should made the cut scenes unlockable after youve seen them. I really really wish i could watch the scenes over and over again especially the sad ones( and there a lots of it too).

My favorite characters is of course prince and Lyon. The way that Lyon calls prince 'prince' everytime is just so sweet XD " lets go prince " , "what should we do now prince? " That just motivates me more to gather all 108 stars of destiny. I mean getting hit by Dolph twice?! Thats just criminal. I wish i could pound him then feed him off to Lance.

All in all, theres no reason to not play this game all the way to the end.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually in all truths, this game made me more of a fan of suikoden for several reasons. It was fully orignal, the old battle system was back, the war system was back it was great ( i say it was because i have finished the game). Second the characters were great,especially the Prince and Lyon and there relationship. Great game and definately worth all the time spent on it, made me more of a fan, so to be more on topic NO it did not make me less of a fan.

Antiheroking

Ringerike

795 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really, howerer I starting to get a little tired of playing games, as there is so much other things to do. Still I love what they did to suikoden V, as it is a very large improvement over suikoden IV. (Don`t think I`ll ever play the game again. However I guess I have to play the series until its end, as I played the series for almoust 10 years. (Suikoden 1 was my first psx game :D ) Hope the series finish with a great finale though. One can only hope.
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

somehow, i still kind of prefer suikoden 2. this game, though not bad, was trying to hard to follow suikoden 2 imo. and though there are a lot of plot twists, some of them seem predictable, but it could be because i used the damn strategy guide which was full of spoilers. i cant decide between this game and suikoden 3, mainly because i felt that he purpose of the ture rune in this game feels pretty weak. the story is essentially good, but i find that it is not poignant enough. hehe but nah it doesnt make me less of a fan or anything. i still love suikoden
phroudon

Lizard Clan - larvae

2500 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ve played suiko II bout 5 times and loved every bit of it the music,events and plot twists amazed me,the first time I finished I felt a deep sadeness because a great story ad ended just like the ending of Lord of the Rings!! just started playing V and seeing how 4 was it made me like V even more then ever,because for me you can feel the personality of the characters and concerning artwork they did a great work,stayed playing yesterday until 4 in the morning and I woke up not feeling tired(could it be that suikoden replenish my Chi...)
So yes suikoden V made even more of a fan(and Im yet to finish it) ,suikoden 4 didnt have the power to take me away from the series because it was clear that it ad been a poor choice in terms of game play and plot wise!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: