Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

About the Beast Rune...slight spoiler about Ernst
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or it could have nothing to do with the True Beast Rune whatsoever, we don't know.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rainrir wrote:
Seriously, WHERE did they state that whatever rune Ernst has is not related to the True Beast Rune(for the lack of a better name) that Higland has? It COULD be a spawn of that rune you know.

so that means you don't trust sars when he said it was a mistranslation in the game?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Swish

3rd H.C. Regiment "Plague"

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
Rainrir wrote:
Seriously, WHERE did they state that whatever rune Ernst has is not related to the True Beast Rune(for the lack of a better name) that Higland has? It COULD be a spawn of that rune you know.

so that means you don't trust sars when he said it was a mistranslation in the game?

I'm kinda iffy on most secondhand information... Wasn't it that Windy was dead up until 2000? As far as we know, this may very well be a mistranslation, but in S6, it may come out that the Beast rune on Ernst is a lesser rune of the True Beast Rune...

While i'm willing to scede that i don't know all there is to know of Suikoden, and sars probably(most likely) knows more of the situation than i do... Until i see a report with Konami's stamp on it... or the info in a Suikoden game itself... I'm not going to wholeheartedly trust any information on the subject i see.

Which brings me to what Rainrir said... Where was the information that it's not related?

If it is a mistranslation(like the true holy rune), there'd be some sort of info from Konami about it... right?
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea, I second hand infomation cannot be trusted blindly.

But Buff you misunderstood me, I know the Beast Rune Ernst has is a mistranslation in the English Version. What I am asking is that if the origins of Ernst's Beast Rune have something to do with the Highland Beast Rune. Seeing that they both have "properties" that involve animals...feral animals....

Oh I think SARS is quite the Suiko God :mrgreen:
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh I think even a suiko god can make mistakes sometimes *points at Georg*

Hehe anyway its still just an interesting theory I made up,it may or may not be true
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
But Buff you misunderstood me, I know the Beast Rune Ernst has is a mistranslation in the English Version. What I am asking is that if the origins of Ernst's Beast Rune have something to do with the Highland Beast Rune. Seeing that they both have "properties" that involve animals...feral animals....

the beast rune highland has is the true beast rune that went from harmonia to l'renoullie what ever name i can't spell castle. so it's not really highlands rune at all, they just made it seem that way.

Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm i remember Levi saying that when you recruited Ersnt that his rune was a lesser rune of the beast rune? If it was a mistranslation what did the original conversation say?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to ask, Buff, what that slightly accurate piece of historical trivia had to do with the post you quoted.

I'd like to get a handle on a more accurate translation from someone like Sars before I speculate further, although I've heard the term "Magical Beast Rune" bandied about as an alternative translation before.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some one should get SARs on this topic..heh heh.

I dunno why you quote me on that Buff. I'd say that THE Beast Rune "belongs" to Higland because it is attacted to L'renollie (whatever) and it refuses to leave that spot at all. Well, maybe Highland doesn't technically "own" it like the Falaenians own the Sun Rune...but nevertheless it is still a True Rune laying dormant on Higland Soil, without a bearer, and more-or-less within the control of the Blight family.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol i don't even have a clue why i quoted and said that. must of been extremely tired when i made that. :?

tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Levi did state that the beast rune ernst have is a lower tier version of the true beast rune. So I'll believe the actually game info before somebody's guessed info.
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for some strange reason in the official guide book, under the potriat of ernst that was shown when u first recruit him, his rune was printed as 'pale beast rune'. though at the runes section, it is printed simply as 'beast rune'
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think its Konami's version of the Jedi Mind Trick..
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rainrir wrote:
Some one should get SARs on this topic..heh heh.

I dunno why you quote me on that Buff. I'd say that THE Beast Rune "belongs" to Higland because it is attacted to L'renollie (whatever) and it refuses to leave that spot at all. Well, maybe Highland doesn't technically "own" it like the Falaenians own the Sun Rune...but nevertheless it is still a True Rune laying dormant on Higland Soil, without a bearer, and more-or-less within the control of the Blight family.

At the end of Suikoden 2, the True Beast Rune leaves L'Renouille Castle.

^Actual quote!
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah...too bad the time S5 occured(where we first see Ernst) occured like....9 years before the events of S2,...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: