Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sharon Being a Dragon Knight
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the ending in Suikoden 3, it is said that Sharon has gone through a new type of ritual to gain a golden dragon. There may have possibly be a change in how dragon knights gain dragons following Suikoden 2. If I was Konami, I would use that excuse.

As for why they expell dragon knights who lose their dragon, the official explanation has been that dragons can only bond with a child under age 5, and once that chance is missed it is impossible to form a bond. However, there's a lot of inconsistencies with that assertion. For one thing, Futch was able to bond with Bright when he was 14 years old. Second, Joshua Levenheit did not have his own dragon, he always rode along with another knight (when neessary). Wound't that mean Joshua has to be expelled? Dragons' life spans are not that long in the Suikoden world either--they live merely as long as humans. Thus, the ageless captain would naturally lose his dragon. How confusing. I'd like to interrogate the creators for this.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's one other possible explanation, now that I think of it. Sharon is already gone the minute you see her, ja? Well, imagine how difficult she'd have been to track down if she had a dragon. So Sharon's bonded with a dragon... she's just grounded.

Ooh, what a witty double meaning there.
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can bond with a dragon eny time in you'r life but if you do'nt when five and with the Dragon Kights they give up,As for Sharon she's Milia's [who the father?]has to be at the fortres.But I think the reason Sharon did'nt bond is that she looks up to Futh and may even love him and wanted a dragon the same way Futh got Bright.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too also think it is more of a case of Sharon just being a spoiled brat, or just being a nuisance and claiming to be something she's not. Thats my opinion on the matter anyway and I can only hope that it has someone I am actually correct in my thoughts there. Now as far as changing some of the rules such as the dragon dying and the person basically being tossed aside from the society they have been accustomed to. If it's been changed than hey thats always a good thing ya know?

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She got a new dragon at the end of III? I don't remember this? @_@
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

himurokoken wrote:
She got a new dragon at the end of III? I don't remember this? @_@

It doesn't actually show her getting it or anything. It just says in her little ending blurb that she aquires a golden dragon or something like that.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(Whee, ressurecting an old thread.)

I figured they didn't kick Joshua out of the knights on the grounds that if they did, all the dragons would die due to absense of the rune. =P You know, bending the rules on the grounds of common sense.

Bright's a wild dragon, IIRC, and seems able to live quite happily even without being near the Dragon Rune. So Futch bonding with him at age 14 could probably be dismissed as not breaking the under-5 rule, because of his 'wild dragon' status.

Is it known if Sharon was born before or after Joshua passed the Dragon Rune on to Milia? (Heck, can female true rune bearers even have children, or does the"never age, never fall ill" rule prevent pregnancy? Is there a risk of runes passing on from mother to child?)

If Milia already had the rune when she was pregnant with Sharon, Konami can do all sorts of handwaving to explain breaking the under-5 rule with her, because who knows what effects true runes have on prenatal development. =P
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, what an old topic, hehe. Hmm, I actually have some comments to make too!

SARS, in regards to your earlier post (your much earlier post, hehe) the age-bond between dragon knight and dragon is very complex, and you talked about Joshua being immortal but having no dragon that is immortal. Well, if Milia has the Dragon Rune now... so does that also mean Thrash is immortal?

Has it even been confirmed that Milia in fact has the Dragon Rune? I thought I read somewhere that Konami took that back after they said it, just like when they changed Windy's status to MIA after first saying she was dead.

As for Sharon, I was always under the impression that Sharon was always getting herself into trouble so she was sent away with Futch as her chapperone so that she could gain worldly experience. Since we don't really see much of Futch or Sharon story-wise after their recruitment (sad to say), we're not sure if Sharon grows as a person by the end of the story. If she is no longer spoiled after living at Budehuc and fighting with the Fire Bringer, then maybe she was awarded the golden dragon when she got back because she was a better person.

And maybe the Dragon Rune can encourage a connection between dragon knight and dragon, but it was never used for that reason because it was up to the two parties to make a connection themselves. In that sense, Milia would be spoiling Sharon.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say Trash will probably die when his/her? time is up, leaving Milia sad... Possibly, Joshua initially had a dragon of his own, but too simply died of old age.

And with that impossible to bond with a dragon after 5 thing, i feel that it's more like difficult than impossible. There has to be exceptional cases, in which we've seen in Futch.

Then again, that ruling feels kinda weird. I mean, why would it be not possible to bond with a dragon after 5? If the dragon is still young, and sees a new person, bonding would still be possible... Like Futch and Bright's case. I'll find it more believable if it's actually saying that a dragon can't be bonded with after it has grown beyond 5...
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the tradition is there because dragon infants are a rare sight and they wanted to give a fair chance to everyone in the Den? However I could see how Milia would make an exception for Sharon.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

when milia took camand she must of changed a lot of stuff she might have changed the age when you have to have a dragon maybe she changed it to if you dont get a dragon under 40 you cant be a dragon knight or maybe you can get a dragon at any age
if this is true then sharon might have picked the time she wanted a dragon where suikoden 3 started and futch would go with sharon because milia has known futch since he was at least 12 so futch is trusted and also when futch got bright , bright was just a baby so bright couldve assumed futch was the mother/father/friend/brother and just went with futch
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: