Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fate of Ridley ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo Juste Belmont

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Fate of Ridley ? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question regarding Ridley : Did he die during the Tinto event, or he lived on from that event ?
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depends...If you run he dies, if you just play the game he lives
Neo Juste Belmont

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um... well that's game decided. But in Suikoden history by the time Suikoden 3 rolls in, does the historian considered that Ridley died in Tinto during the battle with Neclord or he survived the event ?
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He lives as the military general of Two River...
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you have a Suikoden 2 file where Ridely is dead and Boris takes his place you cannot load that data into Suikoden 3.

So even though there is no official stance on which path is the real path, I would say that having Ridely live is the "truest" path to take since the other path means the data won't load into Suikoden 3.

^Actual quote!
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
If you have a Suikoden 2 file where Ridely is dead and Boris takes his place you cannot load that data into Suikoden 3.

Are you sure? Because I remember loading my Suikdeon II data with Boris in it (I always like to kill Ridely just to see Shu slap Riou) and actually getting the extra theatre scripts, that must mean the load was successful, no?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My assumtion i sthat Ridley being alive is the correct version of events. I base this upon the script "The Crucial Battle" which features the battle with Neclord.

When you choose to run away from Tinto, Koyu and Marlowe end up helping out when you attack Neclord. However, neither of them appear if you choose to stay at Crom. The lack of Koyu and Marlowe from that script tells me that the latter version is true. If Marlowe and Koyu did indeed participate in that battle, I would imagine Marlowe would include himself and Koyu as well.

However, there's no clear official judgement from Konami.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Are you sure? Because I remember loading my Suikdeon II data with Boris in it (I always like to kill Ridely just to see Shu slap Riou) and actually getting the extra theatre scripts, that must mean the load was successful, no?

You could be right. I base this off of what I read when Suikoden 3 was still out in Japan. I didn't want to waste time disproving it!

Quote:
The lack of Koyu and Marlowe from that script tells me that the latter version is true. If Marlowe and Koyu did indeed participate in that battle, I would imagine Marlowe would include himself and Koyu as well.

You could be right SARS, but isn't Flik in that theatre script? Flik is not an available character to bring with Riou to fight Neclord if he chooses to stay and not run (AKA keep Ridely alive). However, if you run away and Ridely dies, Flik will become a usable character since he accompanies Shu (who bitch-slaps Riou).

At least, that is something I read once. In fact, I think you were the one that said it...but I can't seem to find the topic (and don't feel like looking).

^Actual quote!
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Ridley lives, because he is a cool surviving hound-type!! It would be sad if he died, although Boris is also yummy-looking.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt we'll ever find the answer. Personally id prefer having Ridley live.
tenton

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any idea how the novel has it going? Now, I know the novel isn't considered canon, but without contradicting info, I'd lean towards that direction (I mean if we're going to call the hero Riou because of it, then, unless ingame events contradict it, that seems like as good as a method to use).
Tenkai

Dawn Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I have a scan of an illustration of the novel:
click here

According to this picture, it seems that Ridley dies.
But like you said, "novel isn't considered canon".
But it worth knowing it.

Lyon & Miakis *.* I love you both *.*
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The novel isn't really canon but we take a lot from it all the same such as names and the like. It's also why we consider both Valeria and Kasumi as having joined Riou's army, rather than picking one over the other.

Anyway, Their Star has Ridley as the survivor, which can be shown by Boris Wizen's biography which contains information on the young Wizen but nothing about serving with Riou.

Suikox, on the other hand, seems to follow both paths in an attempt not to really leave out anything.

I'm more a fan of concrete snap judgments. :wink:
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: