Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Formula One 2006 Season

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Formula One 2006 Season Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New season, new thread.

It started off in Bahrain this weekend, I've got to admit I missed the grand prix this weekend because I was otherwise engaged. I do know a few bits of information about the happenings though, Alonso took the win, Schuie in second and Raikkonen in third after starting frmo the back of the grid. Looks like we can all look forward to more Kimi worship around here, though he is still severely hampered by a lack of a personality in my opinion.

Button came fourth after a starting fault, it's nice to see four different teams composing the top four finishers, perhaps this year we won't see things degrade into a procession to the finish so often. The more competitive teams the better.

Was the race good though for those who saw it? I hear at least Button overtook Montoya a couple of times, were there many passing manoeuvres in general?

EDIT by Black Pesmerga: I just add the 2006 in the title to make it more specific.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally missed the race other than the post-race interview. Having no idea who won and stuff, the camera focused on Alonso in which I guessed to be the winner. I was right, then saw Michael to his right and Kimi to his left. I was like WHOA Kimi got third from the last position? Wooooooo

Yeah, expect more Kimi worship since Kimi is definitely a very good driver (arguably the best) that unfortunately screwed from time to time due to technical issues. Imagine if he started from the front instead of the back of the grid. Easy win I would guess. It'd be an interesting year next year if Alonso and Kimi were to be in McLaren together.

I'm just hoping that he'd get more reliability out of his car. Statistics clearly showed that he should've won last year's championship had he not got technical problems THAT often.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Statistics, damn lies and statistics Pessie!

Good start to the discussion considering both of us who posted missed the race haha.

This being the case I decided to go to planetf1.com and grab the full results so I have a clearer idea of what went on.

Code:

1    Fernando Alonso (Spain Renault)
Renault R26 RS26 V8 - Michelin

2    Michael Schumacher (Germany Ferrari)
Ferrari 248F1 056 V8 - Bridgestone

3    Kimi Räikkönen (Finland McLaren)
McLaren MP4/21 Mercedes FO108S V8 - Michelin

4    Jenson Button (England Honda)
Honda RA106 RA806E V8 - Michelin

5    Juan Pablo Montoya (Colombia McLaren)
McLaren MP4/21 Mercedes FO108S V8 - Michelin

6    Mark Webber (Australia Williams)
Williams FW28 Cosworth CA2006 V8 - Bridgestone

7    Nico Rosberg (Germany Williams)
Williams FW28 Cosworth CA2006 V8 - Bridgestone

8    Christian Klien (Austria Red Bull)
RedBull RB2 Ferrari 056 V8 - Michelin

9    Felipe Massa (Brazil Ferrari)
Ferrari 248F1 056 V8 - Bridgestone

10    David Coulthard (Scotland Red Bull)
RedBull RB2 Ferrari 056 V8 - Michelin

11    Vitantonio Liuzzi (Italy Toro Rosso)
Toro Rosso Cosworth TJ2005-2 V10 - Michelin

12    Nick Heidfeld (Germany BMW Sauber)
BMW Sauber F1.06 BMW P86 V8 - Michelin    16

13    Scott Speed (United States Toro Rosso)
Toro Rosso Cosworth TJ2005-2 V10 - Michelin

14    Ralf Schumacher (Germany Toyota)
Toyota TF106 RVX-06 V8 - Bridgestone

15    Rubens Barrichello (Brazil Honda)
Honda RA106 RA806E V8 - Michelin

16    Jarno Trulli (Italy Toyota)
Toyota TF106 RVX-06 V8 - Bridgestone

17    Tiago Monteiro (Portugal MF1 Racing)
Midland M16 Toyota RVX-06 V8 - Bridgestone

18    Takuma Sato (Japan Super Aguri)
Super Aguri SA05 Honda RA806E V8 - Bridgestone

19    Yuji Ide (Japan Super Aguri)
Super Aguri SA05 Honda RA806E V8 - Bridgestone

20    Jacques Villeneuve (Canada BMW Sauber)
BMW Sauber F1.06 BMW P86 V8 - Michelin

21    Giancarlo Fisichella (Italy Renault)
Renault R26 RS26 V8 - Michelin

22    Christijan Albers (Netherlands MF1 Racing)
Midland M16 Toyota RVX-06 V8 - Bridgestone

So from what I gathered Barichello had issues and lost third gear so he decided to save his engine for next race by taking it easy. Nico Rosberg apparently was pretty darn good for williams only coming 7th but making up for early problems by coming from far back down the order. Jenson did well apart from starting problems and his overtaking move on Montoya was nice. Montoya was slower than Raikkonen despite having an open race track ahead of him, Ferrari had also done extensive testing at this track and still couldn't match pace with McLaren, Bridgestone had given Ferrari an exceptional tyre for this course as well, a product of the large scale testing done there.

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I was like WHOA Kimi got third from the last position? Wooooooo

Since Tiago Monteiro had to go with the reserve car and start in the boxes, he was, technically, the last one.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was pretty disappointed with Kimi's loss yesterday at Sepang. When will Mclaren has better car and all. Kimi almost always scored point when the car doesn't screwed up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Race was alright at Melbourne, I mean I was hopeful for Button as I always am (his awesome qualifying lap helps) but he didn't look likely to win even after the first lap when Alonso was just all over the back of him the whole way around and it didn't take him long to get by. Then there was the appauling restarts the Honda was giving him and finally a fiery end to his day in which he could still have coasted to sixth but his team told him to stop at the side so he didn't receive a ten place engine penalty at the next race I guess 3 points wasn't enough to bother with when you consider he may have ended with nothing in the next race as opposed to the potential of the podium. Honda will look pretty dumb if they fail to finish next race as well since they will have just wasted championship points and money for their placing in that race.

Montoya had a funny day. Funny for us as in humour, funny for him as in strange. What an odd way to spin the car during the parade lap coming onto the start finish straight at least thanks to Fisichella he got position back.

lebron

Lebron

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope Michael Schumacher wins this season. Man, the battle with Alonso in the championship points has been neck-to-neck. Well, it is true that Alonso will be with McLaren next year. I'm thinking of Kimi Raikkonen going to Ferrari.. Felipe Massa has shown improvement this season. Go Ferrari!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: