Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Region 4 DVD problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Region 4 DVD problem Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok as very few of you may know mister Alucard lives in Belgium at this moment.

Which means region 2 DVD animes are required in that countrey !
Mister Alucard has recieved D.N.Angel volume 1 as a gift from a close friend. (Still packed)

The problem?
1. Mister Alucard installs a all region system on his computer.
2. Mister Alucard inserts Final Fantasy Unlimited volume 1 (Bought it at region 4 by mistake ages ago) -> It works fine
3. Mister Alucard switches Final Fantasy Unlimited with D.N.Angel...
4. The computer loads...
5. The dvd drive pushed D.N.Angel volume 1 back out :?

Mister Alucard his question :

HOW CAN MISTER ALUCARD FIX THIS !?!?
Thank you in advance :D

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you getting any kind of error message at all? I really don't have a lot of experience with DVD's on computers (having only just recently gotten around to getting a burner myself), but I know that there are sometimes formats that players don't fully support. Maybe the DNAngel DVD is encoded with a slightly different format or something?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Alucard, how are you?

Do you have a DVD player? If so what make and what model?

Give me that info and i will be able to help you out.
Zephon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

might be that the DVD is protected for PC usage or your Drive is outdated, well thats what I think atleast.

Zephon
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zephon wrote:
might be that the DVD is protected for PC usage or your Drive is outdated, well thats what I think atleast.

Zephon

The drive wouldnt be the problem, as if it wouldnt play region 4 dvds then it wouldnt have played the FFU region 4 prior to spitting out D.N.Angel, programs usually are the main cause for a drive to spit out a disc it doesnt like so the user can easily replace it.

Also protected dvds would only be a problem if Alucard was attempting to pirate the dvds as viewing the contents on the pc requires only a dvd rom which comes standard in every dvd player rather then a DVD R/RW, though if his drive doesnt replay anything you could very well be right.

Alucard, What program boots up when the disc is inserted, and have you checked the settings on the video encoding on the dvd by using different programs (for instance Power DVD as opposed to wmp of wmp classic as opposed to wmp10)

have you checked the actual disc to make sure theres no visible scratches or anything which would deter it from playing?

Have you tried running the dvd from a secondary player to ascertain if the disc works or the pc is the cause of the problem?

If you could post as much details as you can concerning the issue, itd be a great help in figuring out the cause of the problem.

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No scratches or dirt prints.
Mister Alucard insirted the disc at his brother his computer => No spitting out...
(Mister Alucard his own computer only has one drive, the other one was removed because it was malfunctioning about 2 months back)

The programm that was installed for the region 4 problem = DVD Region + CCS Free :?

Installing PowerDVD now.....
(Mister Alucard will edit once he has more result)
Installed: no effect....

EDIT/ removed DVD ripping programm and DivX, still nothing....

What programm pops up? Not one -_-

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try WinDVD, i know it is only a free trial but give it a shot to see if that works.

Also, in my previous post
Quote:
Do you have a DVD player? If so what make and what model? Give me that info and i will be able to help you out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: