Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anyone know what is in the northern part of Falenan continent?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Conjecture based on squat unless there's been more information released on Zelant.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't understand...

To Dzerassa:
Why can't the whole Northern Part of Falaena belong to the Queendom...even if the Crimson Pilgrims lived there in seclusion? The absence of a port, fort or even town north of Sol-Falaena probably indicates that the Astlwah Mountain Range in huge and probably impassable and most likely an extremely hostile environment.

The Queendom can probably claim the North as part of its Territory, but never really explore/build/develop it due to its harsh conditions....and never discovered the Crimson Pilgrims are there...

Furthermore, where did you get that bit about Zexens gettinmg armour from Zelant? I though Zelant is only mentioned in S5 and there had been no mention of Zexen in S5 if I remembered right.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not like I made up that bit about Zexen getting armor from them. It is mentioned in the game, and I believe Sars mentioned that Zelant is on the Western Continent in another thread. And, yes, Zelant is only mentioned in Suikoden V, but that does not mean they cannot mention Zexen at all.

And about the northern part of Falena. If I hadn't read it here, I must have read it in another topic, but the northern part of Falena is NOT Falenan territory. I'm not saying they can never claim it as their own, I'm just saying it wouldn't probably be of interest since nothing is there aside form snow and ice. They would have nothing to gain from claiming the area as their own.

Also, the Crimson Bird Clan/Crimson Pilgrims were rumored to be from Falena because Lorelai knew Killey from Falena, and he is part of that clan. Though, we have no hard evidence of their existance other than Killey, and we have no other information on them. Even a village or something would be nice, but unfortunately, we don't know anything about them. They could live in Falena, the Ashtwal Mountains, New Armes, Nagarea, etc. We just have no idea at the moment.
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you recall when it was mentioned that Zexen uses Zelant armor?
As far as its location, Zelant is in the west, but not part of the western continent itself, it is just near the continent. Look here -> http://www.theirstar.com/images/atlas/wm_pol_lrg.jpg

As far as the Bird clan, are they a clan like those in the Grasslands based around a culture. Or are they a clan like the howling wind guild, with a group certain interests (finding/using Sindar knowledge/technology perhaps)
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey is definately from Falena, according to Obaro:
Obaro investigted Killey and said wrote:

#3: I don't think there's any doubt he's from this country.
I asked him which city, but he wouldn't tell me. He only said,
"You wouldn't know it even if I told you." Heh, i doubt that.

Which makes me think that yeah, his tribe lives in a rather secluded area. That's probably why quite a few people comment on how weird his clothing is (even Zweig, who, if anyone, should have heard of this group), and the only person who's run into him before is Lorelai*.

*and Viki, although then you've got to go into complicated time-travel equasions, since Killey has met Viki in the Twilight Ruins, but Viki hasn't met Killey there yet.

Machiavellian, I don't think anyone knows. I remember reading they were a group that worshiped a crimson bird and the Sindar writings make a reference to them, but beyond that, I think we've got nothin' on Killey's tribe.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does Zexen even get a mention by name in Suikoden V?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amazingly short and sweet answer.

In any case, why we know Zelant is known for its armour is because...of the Belcoot/Shiro Bath scene...unless some auxillary source also said so...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: