Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Quite Interesting Theory on the Sindar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: A Quite Interesting Theory on the Sindar. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you know, as I was playing my New Game+, I seriously looked out for any clues mentioned about the Sindar, and I find one quite interesting scene:

As I got deeper into it, the more this chunks of ideas came into my mind. Those chunks of ideas are right what's below this.

Part one:

- Killey says that thing about the Prince not having a clue about it when at your castle.

Now, this struck me as quite odd, and I then thought that:

Killey is searching for something different about the Sindar other than Lorelai and Zweig.

Why? Here's one evidence I picked up:

- When Marscal invites Sindar Experts for research, Killey comes and goes. Now, if it was Zweig or Lorelai in that position, they surely would've stayed longer, right? But as we see from our friend Killey, he does not. What can we get from this then?

I'd say that:

Killey is searching for something different about the Sindar.

Part Two:

Now, we all know that the Sindar leader has this True Rune, the Rune of Change, which bore upon them a urse of moving and moving right? And they build massive ruins all over the world, and leave it like that, go to another country and build another one. Take note: They move, but they always build Ruins, which would point to the fact that they are trying to build somewhat of a permanent settlement.

- Now, if they knew that the Rune of Change would always force them to move, wouldn't they stop building such things, because they always know they would leave it sooner or later, and build another one. Wouldn't be it better for them to exist like some tribal clan that moves often, but instead bring tents or whatnot? Now, by building huge buildings and yet letting it go to waste, clearly the Sindar aren't THAT stupid to do so, as we see in their technology. They didn't build those ruins up for nothing. This means that they have another purpose.

So, after this huge chunk of text, what would be my theory?

The Sindar created their buildings/ruins not to live in them and leave them after, but they were created to MISLEAD humanity. And Killey knows that, thus he is searching for quite deeper clues about the Sindar.

Alright, now time to look for some hints that may go against my theory.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont think creating building would be the best way to mislead people on the contrary if they didn't want people to know about them all they need to do is not build any of those ruins. If not for those ruins they would be mearly a myth. Making it less likely that people will try to find them.

Also sindar ruins did have a purpose. The Jowston ruins where to hide one of the sindar treasure. The one in Grassland was for some ritual. The one in Falena has something to do with the sune rune
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well....basically I believe all the building the Sindar did was part of their EFFORT to find their Eternal Captial. Everytime they moved to somewhere new they will try to settle down in the area, building permanent structures in hope that the place where they are building on is THEIR Eternal Capital. Of course, in the end the place where the ruins end up to be are not the Eternal Captital.

Killey says he is NOT searching for the past. Which at least tells me this...he is not interested in the WHO, HOW WHEN, WHERE, WHAT of the Sindar people which is want Zweig and Lorelai are doing. However, his statement is rather vague it can mean that he is:

1) Looking for the "Present" or the "Future" of the Sindars. Admittedly it is slightly flawed logic to think that just because Killey is not looking for the "Past" means he is looking for the "Present" or the "Future". But hey, it could be true...maybe he is looking for where to Sindar is NOW. And every Sindarin Ruin and Artifact could lead to that answer.

2) He simple means he isn't interested in the Sindar's past.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A ruin is typically built as a place to store something and to leave evidence for those who will come in the future. The Sindar definitely intended to leave a legacy. All the ruins point to their history, the history of a True Rune in that area and the technology they developed during the time which they remained in that particular region.

The ruins seem to be a testament to them seeking to understand and utilize the True Runes and to harness their power. A permanent structural diary for the lack of a better term. The Sindar knew that their stay would be temporary, so they built huge structures which needed certain keys and information to unlock. A test to those who may not be worthy. They clearly are trying to tell the Suikoden inhabitants something.

I think Killey may have already deciphered some of the history and wishes to prevent people from finding out the entire truth. So, he works to protect the ruins and their message. Lorelai and Zweig seem to hope to uncover the message and make it news for the entire world. Killey seems to think this is dangerous as he does not trust people with such information. Therefore, he hopes to keep the past hidden in my opinion. His motives seem to point to him trying to bury the Sindar legacy rather than uncovering it. But, that's just my opinion.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Killey doesn't want to search the past because he may know more than we think. What I mean is, he's from the Crimson Bird Clan, right? Well, in Suikoden V, they referred to them as the "Crimson Pilgrims." The translators wouldn't just change it for the heck of it, and they certainly would choose the word "pilgrims" for no reason.

This is kind of a weird and out-of-the-ballpark idea, but maybe the "Crimson Pilgrims" (Crimson Bird Clan...whatever) are the only Sindar left? Perhaps Killey is just trying to find the other Sindar and the Eternal Capital to be reunited with his bretheren.

Another reason I think this is because Lorelai seems to know a lot of not only the Sindar, but also Killey. Obviously, she knew him before Suikoden I and II because of the events in Suikoden V. But, after you release him from the Agate Prison in Suikoden V, Lorelai leaves a message saying "I heard you let Killey out of the prison...that was a big mistake."showing that she already knew him.

Later on in the story, if you talk to Lorelai, she says something about "being one of the Sindar" and then she says "Haha! Just kidding...or am I?". If you talk to her in your HQ in Suikoden I, she mentions her "journey she has to complete", and when she go forth to elaborate on it more, she says "no, forget it...". Lorelai is obviously hiding something, and there has to be a reason why she is so interested in the Sindar, other than they are really cool.

One more thing. Zweig is certainly a mysterious guy. Notice how he wears red, too. He could be part of the "Crimson Pilgrims" as well, as he is the one who mentions it to the Hero in Suikoden V at the Twilight Forest Ruins. He also seems to know Lorelai and Killey from before the story.

My speculations could be just too way out there, and the three Sindar hunters could just know each other because they've run into each other at ruins a few times. Then again, there has to be a reason why they all know so much about the Sindar, and why they are so interested. This is just my theory, though.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The whole "Haha! Just kidding...or am I? wasn't in the Japanese version, they just added it in to drive the american fans insane. I seriously doubt Zweig is a Crimson Pilgrim, after all it says Zweig Aftergame SPOILERS that he went in search of the location of Killey's Crimson Pilgram Legend END SPOILERS.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also another reason Zweig cannot be a crimson pilgrim is he does not seem to know much about killey
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
One more thing. Zweig is certainly a mysterious guy. Notice how he wears red, too. He could be part of the "Crimson Pilgrims" as well, as he is the one who mentions it to the Hero in Suikoden V at the Twilight Forest Ruins. He also seems to know Lorelai and Killey from before the story.

I'm pretty sure Zweig didn't know Killey before. In the scene at the entrance of Ceras Lake Castle-

Quote:
Zweig: You're a bit...unique-looking. Who are you?
Killey: You don't need to know, four-eyes. It's none of your concern. What did you mean when you said Prince [Hero] revived these ruins?
Zweig: Hmph... What is it about the Sindar civilization that draws suspicious characters like this clown...?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, yeah. Forgot about that. Told you my ideas were way out there, but that is what I believe. There are plenty of things hidden by the three of them anyway.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm....I have another idea.

Following what I said before, that the Sindar were actually searching for their "Eternal Captital" on the Suikoden "Dimension" and all the Sindar Ruins left where their attempts to build a home on new lands the discovered. Of coures, none of the places where the Sindar built thier runes turned out to be their "Eternal Capital" and they eventually had to continue to wander.

Seeing how circumstantial evidence points of that the Sindar was around even BEFORE Harmonia, Jostwon, Falaena or any of the modern nations are founded (ruins are said to be found even in Harmonia...meaning the Sindar built them before anyone came to that place). They probably had wandered for more than 400 years..and probably longer.

Also, the Sindar also has incredibly advanced technology...

Furthermore...there are Sindar ruins all over the world...

This makes me think that the Sindars...are no longer on the "dimension" the stories and wars of Suikoden happen anymore. They have left to search for their "Eternal Capital" in other planes (like the World of Wings and Scales, the World of Emptiness and Viki's Topsy-Turvy World)

The above are observations and conjuctures...the only evidence I have is that the Fog Ship Guide...who I am 80% sure is a Sindar travels through dimensions. That proves that the Sindars have the technology to do what Viki (and only Viki it seems) can do....move to other Dimensions to continue their search for their "Eternal Capital"

What does Killey have to do with all this? Like I said....He could be looking FOR the Sindars...and not trying to LEARN about the Sindars. Rumaging through the ruins might give Killey a way to "follow" and eventually "find" the Sindars themselves. Of course..this theory lies on a shaky assumption that his statement "I am not looking for the past" implies he is looking either for the "present" or the "future"...
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good theory, but it could just as well be said that the Sindar went the way of the dinosaurs and are simply extinct. It could be very likely that the Rune of Change no longer is possessed by the leader of the Sindar and they all simply perished without a trace. Of course, that would not be a very interesting scenario, though.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: