Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

One on One Battle System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The dueling system was just so great in this game. It really is the little things that make a good game Little personalizations with actions and fighting style/moves can really add a lot more diversity to things. That as well as the characters recognizing who's in the party when you remove and add them to your party, it's just so amusing. Adding the timer onto things was a nice touch, it made you make a decision faster, it's too bad for people who have problems following such though. Overall, I was really impressed with it myself.

-My DeviantArt-
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the timer made it better in my opion. instead of sitting there trying to think what they will do, you only have 3 seconds to choose. the first time i used it, on my first turn i wasn't expecting it and time almost ran out on me since it surprised me. now i can choose what i'm going to do when the opponit your battling is talking.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But it was a very easy system though.

Well i found it very easy to read there intensions and beat alot of the duels without taking a hit.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S5's Duel System is hands-down the bestof all the Suikoden Games. The timer really added urgency to the duels, and some of the attacks were quite hard to distinguish. (Except Childerich, of course.)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
the timer made it better in my opion. instead of sitting there trying to think what they will do, you only have 3 seconds to choose. the first time i used it, on my first turn i wasn't expecting it and time almost ran out on me since it surprised me. now i can choose what i'm going to do when the opponit your battling is talking.

I think I ran out of time, my first time, since I had no idea what the count-down did. After I got hit, then I figured things out.

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, it was fairly easy for me, really the only times I got hit was when I started to panic and pressed the wrong buttons. But for the majority of them I didn't take a single hit of damage.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i usually let them hit me so i can make my hp go down, so i can find out if the prince has a super move.

arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They really should think of a way to make one on one battles harder. Its just way too easy. But still hands down this was the best duel Suikoden ever had. Wonder what they'd do with it on the next Suikoden.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only way to make it actually "hard" is for the character you're fighting, not talk. For example Chris and Hugo's duel, when Chris wouldn't say anything, and always do the same thing. So there was no way for you to read her.
The reason why these are easy, is because you'll eventually learn which saying activates which move. Even Childrich was easy once you understood which saying meant which move.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13 wrote:
Even Childrich was easy once you understood which saying meant which move.

like i said with his. i just followed the way he talked and how he talked. once in a while you will get confused but it's very easy to pick up on his.

Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone else find the Richard vs. Childerich duel side-splittingly funny? Seriously have Richard attack when Childerich attacks, almost made me lose the whole duel because I fell out of my seat laughing.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
Anyone else find the Richard vs. Childerich duel side-splittingly funny? Seriously have Richard attack when Childerich attacks, almost made me lose the whole duel because I fell out of my seat laughing.

Hmmm...can't say I found it that funny, but I did snicker a bit at Richard's voice. I've never done the "attack while Childerich attacks" thing, though. I'll have to play around next time.

But I can say it's not as funny if you let Childerich kill Richard (which I deliberately did once and I HATE MYSELF FOR IT AND AM NEVER DOING IT AGAIN). It's really rather disturbing, come to think of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: