Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where should I level?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Where should I level? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw topic where characters in the 40's should level. I'm on my way to unlock the Dawn Rune's power after Lyon gets poisoned and I have some characters that I'd like to level. Where would be a good place to get them up to speed? Also, is it possible to reunlock the dungeon where the Big Hole is? I went back there and found that it was closed up again.

Thanks for any help!

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as for the big hole dungeon, it all depends. are you talking about first floor or the bottom floor where eresh takes you. if your talking about where eresh takes you and you recruited her then you have to take her back with you. if it's the top floor it should be open. but then again i don't think you can travel any where until after you finished the whole ruins in the twilight forest. but the forest and the ruins are a good place to level up of where you are at.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another good place is just outside your base. Also, if you are about level 45, equip a Great Firefly Rune and the Champion Rune and got to the south-west of Sable and fight there. You should get scorpians, sabre tooth tiger things and raging assassins. These'll take you up to level 56 with four or five peeps.

And you'll get a few Zombie Dragons here and there, which drop flame array armour. Good to sell and equip.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did most of my playing around in the ruins at the end, since you can leave and come back by backtracking to Lucerina. She'll return to the castle even hehee.
Otherwise, as Random said, the area with sabre tooth tigers and raging assassins.. that's where I leveled up my people :)

-My DeviantArt-
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The dungeon to *spoiler* recruit Eresh levelled my guys up to 60, and dropped ridiculous amounts of potch, crazy Rune pieces, all kinds of stuff. I had Lorelai with me with her Treasure Hunting deal at A, and one encounter even dropped a Fortune Rune piece for me. My guys were at level 60 for all of the last storyline parts of the game, from the point where the option to recruit that Star came up until the final ruins. On another note, I still haven't beaten the game, but that's an issue for another day.

The monsters down there weren't particularly powerful, but I don't know about a group in the 40's trying to level there. I'd say closer to level 50 would be best...although I did level two of my characters up from the low 30's up to 60 along with everyone else, when I kept them with a very strong overall party. The main drawback to that dungeon is that you can't re-enter it once you've left. Luckily, I brought my usual ridiculous entourage, to take full advantage while I was down there. I was quite irked when I couldn't descend back down when I wanted to bring another party of characters with me. All the same though, worth exploiting when you've got the chance, in my opinion.

*spoiler*
Of course, recruiting Eresh does remove the possibility of recruiting Euram Barows at the end of the game. If you're dead-set on recruiting Euram, the dungeon will never be available to you. :(

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:

*spoiler*
Of course, recruiting Eresh does remove the possibility of recruiting Euram Barows at the end of the game. If you're dead-set on recruiting Euram, the dungeon will never be available to you. :(

that's only if you actually finish it. you can always pull out before facing the boss in it.

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, you can get all the treasures in that stuff without having to worry about the "consequences".

Parallax wrote:
The monsters down there weren't particularly powerful, but I don't know about a group in the 40's trying to level there.

As long as you have a tanker equipped with a Firefly Rune and the True Men Formation, you can just use the Elegy Formation skill to quickly dispose of the monsters there. Having Double-Edge on the other five members (you can get some on the same dungeon) helps lots too. Just keep the low-level characters away from the tank. I believe there's a monster there that casts fire elemental area magic who could hit the people beside the said tanker.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, there's a little impish creature which I believe occasionally casts Explosion, the Level 3 Fire spell. That might kill off low-levels if they have poor magic defense, but you can revive them for the next battle, and they should quickly reach a point where they can at least survive the spell. All of the monsters down there will cast Fire magic, but most of them will just continuously target your tank with the 'Flame Wall' or whatever the level 2 Fire spell is.

I personally used mostly Magic Drain and Level 4 Rune spells to clear the dungeon quickly, combined with an occasional strong Formation Skill and some quick sword work from the rest of my party. I highly recommend bringing someone with Treasure Hunt though, because the treasures down there really are very good. I recommend always having someone with Treasure Hunt, in fact.

I didn't realize that if you pulled out before the boss that you didn't have to lose the chance to recruit that other Star though. I didn't want to anyway, so I just fought the boss, but hey, good to know for the future.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
CHRoNo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Random wrote:
Another good place is just outside your base. Also, if you are about level 45, equip a Great Firefly Rune and the Champion Rune and got to the south-west of Sable and fight there. You should get scorpians, sabre tooth tiger things and raging assassins. These'll take you up to level 56 with four or five peeps.

And you'll get a few Zombie Dragons here and there, which drop flame array armour. Good to sell and equip.

Im on lvl 45 and there(South-West of Sable) but have weaker enemies!!!
Do enemies change once you reach a certain level?

ATM im doing my levelling up in the cave behind the Tri-Colour Inn, in Yashuna Village. Mainly Tarantula's and Nariqua's. Just got the Great Firefly rune equipped.

"Hey you better get that red dot checked out, my uncle died of crotch dot!" -Chief Wiggum
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Im on lvl 45 and there(South-West of Sable) but have weaker enemies!!!
Do enemies change once you reach a certain level?

the only time enemies change is when you get up to a certain point. it doesn't matter what level you are.

CHRoNo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ohhh, well ive taken over another town so ill try again now.
Cheers.

"Hey you better get that red dot checked out, my uncle died of crotch dot!" -Chief Wiggum
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am trying to delay finishing the game for the first time some more by maybe doing some leveling, but I just reclaimed so-falena, do I have to level during the period that isato, zweig, and haswar is taking up 3 spots in the party?
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well equipping the Great Firefly Rune and just moving up and down of the Eresh dungeon will usually level my guys to level 63 at least...I had the Fotune Rune equipped too. With it Big Hole is the highest leveling spot in the game...but not the best as it is a pain to drag your ass from Rainwall( the closest warp point) then through the Big Hole itself..then through the Jeane dungeon before even reaching the Eresh Dungeon.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just go to Lunas and follow the directions to get rid of Isato and Haswar. Then enter the final ruins then tell Luserina to retreat to get rid of Zweig, this also causes Luserina to move back to her normal spot on Floor One of your Castle next to the stairs saving you from the painful trek to the Sun Palace.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

. . . . . . . . .

I used the area east of Stormfist to level up my characters to 50+. I used it, because I don't have Eresh, I got Euram.

With Eresh, definitely the Ruins.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: