Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lost (Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How so? I think he's a great character. What's also cool about him is that he sort of takes the place of the Hatch this season, in the sense that there is this other presence on the island that everyone is trying to get to the bottom of to find the truth. Also, the actor who plays Henry Gale only signed on for 6-7 episodes, so whatever is going to happen to him will happen soon because there are still 5-6 episodes left in the season.

This past episode was one of the best ones of the season so far. So much stuff going on, all these new twists, and of course Jack and Sawyer playing poker. :D

The rest of this season should make up for a lot of these middle-episodes this year. I can't wait to see where it's all leading up to.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm about 20 minutes into the Hurley episode and if Dave actually exists and isn't just imagined by Hurley then I'll eat my shoe....maybe.

EDIT: A bit of a twist at the end of the episode though, what do you guys think?
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought this was Hurley's best acting performance so far on the show. He wasn't just the stupid fat guy with the vocabulary skills of Bill & Ted any more, hehe.

The scene with him and his doctor where they go over "the accident" was very good. Finally got to the reason why Hurley flipped his lid--he inadvertently killed two people! The doctor tried to tell him it wasn't his fault because there were "23 people out there but the deck was built to hold 8" and that "it would have collapsed whether he went out there or not."

What's interesting about this incident is that this took place BEFORE he used the "cursed" numbers. Which means he might have had bad luck from the start and he only used the numbers for something to blame it on. Just a thought.

The other awesome scene was at the end where Hurley contemplates jumping off the cliff but Libby talks him out of it. Jorge Garcia has really stepped up this season.

I spoiled myself going into the episode a little. A) I knew Dave was the name of his imaginary friend, so the twist in the middle of the show didn't surprise me. And B) I already saw a promotional picture of Libby in her mental hospital attire. Why SHE'S in there... well, that's another thing, right?

I thought the flashbacks with Dave at the beginning was a little too "Sixth Sense" for me. Knowing he wasn't real going into the episode, it seemed blatantly obvious that that was the trick they were trying to play. It didn't take away from the show, or anything, and the actor who played Dave did a decent job, but I guess knowing things going into a new episode can take away from the episode once it airs.

Overall, it was one of the better ones of the season. I just kinda regret spoiling the two biggest parts of the story for myself beforehand.

Next week's episode is entitled "S.O.S.", and rumor has it that it has a Bernard and Rose flashback. There's also an episode coming up down the road that is simply called "?", which may have something to do with the "OMGWTF" map that Locke saw on the blast door. (In the middle of the diagram is a giant "?", hence the title of the show.)

Things are gettin' good, folks! Not too late to start watching, even if you've never seen the show before! :P

Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush, sorry for never answering on Henry's infuriatingness. I kind of forgot about the thread, and...

Anyway, I meant it positively. The character is meant to get you mad in certain scenes, and does a damned good job of it. Thus the infuriating thing. I mean, the "Good thing I'm not an Other" scene, or the creepy smile scene in S.O.S.... Great stuff.

Also, now we know Locke's miracle isn't an isolated incident, as well as a hint into the possible explanation of said incidents...

Pity there's no chapter this week. DAMN YOU ALIAS. And next week, recap episode.

ARGH!!

All the way to the edge of this world
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BUMPING UP FOR WHAT THE FUCK.

HOLY HELL DID ANYONE ELSE JUST SEE THAT?!

MICHAEL WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!!?!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I was totally like WHAT THE FUTCH! Michael is a traitor! I love it!

I love this episode. Ana-Lucia seduces Sawyer, we find out she hung out with Jack's father before he died and then pow, She dies. Its SO great. I liked Ana-Lucia but she was rowdy on the set (she got a DWI in Hawaii a while back and her and Cynthia Watros, Libby, didn't get along.)

I don't think Libby is dead either, she was hit rather low, but we'll see. If she dies that would totally suck for Hurley. And they haven't finished the hospital storyline. Libby might be alive still. Also, Michael only shot himself so he could make up a story saying Henry shot him. Dude, this is TOTALLY the best twist we've seen in one heck of a long time.

I'm totally stoked! There's going to be a war! Also, did you guys see the Alvar Hanso commercial? Apparently the number you get, if you call it, you'll get a password that unlocks a special page on their website.

I knew there was going to be a traitor, but Michael! Holy Harmonia this show is great!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MICHAEAL! DUDE!

I AM SO SHOCKED I AM UNABLE TO TALK IN ANYTHING BUT CAPS!

Heh, first I liked the episode because the Sawyer/Ana Lucia sex was going to really bring up some fandom wank, but the last five minutes were THE BEST THINGS EVER ON THIS SHOW. I actually had to rewind and watch Michael shoot Ana Lucia again.

I think Libby is dead, too. The actress who played her got a DUI around the same time Ana Lucia's actress did.

Michael is a traitor! Michael is a traitor! I didn't see that coming, but it makes sense, considering he'd go with whoever gave him Walt.

Aiiieee! I liked Michael before, but now he's really interesting.

I missed the Hanso commercial. :( Anyone fill me in?

John Layfield wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally saw that coming, but I was surprised nonetheless. EASILY the best episode of the season, even above the "OMGWTF black-light diagram" that Locke saw. :shock: This season has been like a roller coaster, and in my opinion the first 19 episodes was just the slow ascent to the top of the first dive, and this episode--"Two for the Road"--was the first major plunge.

Two characters dead... JUST LIKE THAT. Unbelievable...

I mean, I kinda saw it coming for Ana-Lucia, after she told Michael that she couldn't kill Henry and handed Michael the gun so he could do it. As soon as Michael asked her what the combination was, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I started yelling at the TV, "Don't tell him, Ana! He's going to pop you in da face!" And sho 'nuff... BLAM BLAM!

BUT, that wasn't the big surprise for me. The big surprise was Michael shooting Libby just a few seconds later!! I mean, talk about a TWIST. Just when Hurley and Libby were starting to get close, Michael's itchy trigger finger just ended it all.

Man... I'm still in disbelief over it...

Well, I guess I'll talk about some other things in the episode:

1- A-L and Sawyer sex scene. I thought it was funny, actually. When A-L kissed him, he had this priceless look on his face that I can't even describe, hehe. But he didn't turn her away either, which is interesting. (I wonder if he feels like he cheated on Kate? I wonder if Kate will find out what happened? How will Sawyer react once he learns A-L is dead? Lots of drama coming up here, I'm guessing.)

2- Christian Sheppard's Australian babe. "I want to see my daughter!" is what he was yelling to her, I think. A DAUGHTER??? Okay, so clearly whoever this daughter is is an illegitamite child, and Christian's wife and son don't know anything about her (obviously). And there's only one female character on the show from Sydney who, by some odd coincidence, also has blonde hair like the woman Christian was talking to...

...could Claire be Jack's half-sister???

3- Locke is one of the "Good Ones". What exactly does this mean? The Others have been kidnapping people they thought were good people, and now we learn that Henry's original purpose was to go and capture Locke. So, what is so special about these "good ones"? Well, I think it may have something to do with the healing properties of the island. Maybe the Others wish to capture those who are "in tune" with the Island in order to conduct further research? I guess we'll see.

Those are the three biggest things about this episode unrelated to the final 5 minutes of the show.

Now... to the big topic... why did Michael kill Ana-Lucia?

I think it may have something to do with her being "unworthy" by the Others' standards. She killed two of them, including Goodwin, who Henry claims was trying to redeem her and change her evil ways. And this holds up because in "The Other 48 Days", it wasn't Goodwin who attacked A-L, it was A-L who first attacked Goodwin.

So basically, she wasn't very well thought of by the Others' camp, and I'm guessing that killing her was part of Michael's negotiations with them to get Walt back. The other part would be freeing Henry and then luring Locke out into the jungle where he can be taken too.

However, I think this is going to end very badly for Michael. Because Henry even said it: they'll never give up Walt. Michael is clinging to the hope of finally retrieving his son that he's going through all these evil plans in order to get Walt back. He's just being used. Ana-Lucia is dead, Henry is now free of the armory (Michael shooting himself in the arm was probably to make himself the victim and pin the murders of A-L and Libby on Henry as he escaped), and as we'll find out in the next episode (entitled simply "?") Locke will be heading to the ? location he saw on the diagram with Eko. All the plans are filling in perfectly for the Others, and in the end, they'll probably wind up killing Michael since he'll no longer be needed.

Mark my words: these will probably not be the last deaths this season!!!

COMING UP: (highlight to see who's flashbacks will be coming up)
5/10 - Ep 21. "?" (Eko-centric episode)
5/17 - Ep 22. "3 Minutes" (Michael-centric episode)
5/24 - Ep 23. "Live Together, Die Alone" (Desmond-centric episode)

Also, the Season 2 DVD was pushed back from September 5th to October 3rd, I believe. :( But, this means there will probably be more special features and behind the scenes goodies once it comes out.

Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MOTHER OF F~~~!

Just watched it.

The Jack - Claire thing is a rather popular theory right now.

My guesses (which will invariably be right, unless they aren't):

Chances are that Libby's gonna be unconcious until the finale or so (she seems to be listed to appear there), and wake up while Jack's army goes off to face the others, and tell whoever is left there (Hugo, most likely) what Michael did. Then she'll bite it (Cynthia Walthros is already going for a different show, I hear)

Then they'll reveal Mike's reason was this: They offered to get him and his bloody kid out of Craphole Island if he made sure Henry got released (so they'd catch him on their own) , took down whoever was necessary, and gave the "big guns" fake intel about the Other's camp, so they'd rush to fight them, only to get ambushed mighty.
Then, having the Sheppard Guerrilla Corps neutralized, they'd be able to go and take the remaining survivors (cue the announcement of some the unimportant survivors taking lead roles in Season 3)and do whatever it is they do with them.

And then, we find out Christian Sheppard is Alvar Hanso's clone.

No, his UNDEAD clone.

Zombie clone pirate.

Ok, I shut up now.

MOTHER OF F~~~!

All the way to the edge of this world
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zombie clone pirate... sounds plausible. :P

Alseid, I agree with most of your predictions. However, just because Watros is due to appear in the finale doesn't mean that she appears on the island. There have been promotional pictures on the internet that show two more recently-created graves on the beach, so I think it's safe to say that she's dead. She is rumored to be a part of the flashback and have some sort of connection with *SPOILER*Desmond*/SPOILER*

The writers have said that the Michael-Walt story will be resolved by the end of the season, as well as the "hatch" story. That tells me that Michael and Walt are going to officially join the dark side, get off the island, or reunite with the Lostaways, but no matter what the whole story arc will be completed. The writers said that they're moving away from the hatch in Season 3, which tells me that something REALLY bad is going to happen to it by the end of the year. (Methinks Locke refuses to enter the Code and the hatch goes 'kaboom'.)

Anyway, I think these May episodes may be the best string of shows so far. "Two for the Road" was easily the best one of the season in my mind, and I think it's only going to get better (and more tense) for the rest of the year.

Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had this episode DVR'd so i just got to watch it a couple of days ago. I thought it was great and pretty much agreed with everything everyone else said. I have to admit that i never really saw the Michael betrayal coming, but i never believed his story. I mean he claims that he just hid out in the jungle watching the others all that time?? I am not believing it (obviously we know that now). In addition to that, his story just didn't fit his temper. This is the same guy that was willing to do anything to get his son back, so i thought that if he actually thought that the others were poorly armed and possibly knew where his son was, then he wouldn't waste time getting the rest of the castaways. He would simply rush the "two guards" and try to find his son. Another part of Michael's reappearence i found fishy was when he was found by jack and kate. I mean what are the chances of him being out there and running into those two. Trying to make people believe that at that same moment michael would try to get help is just not believable. Also i really didn't get how he just passed out at their feet, don't you think that was a little funny? Well i do.

I know this has been a lot of talk about one person and his story, but that is what i wanted to write about. Oh yea and i also don't think that libby will be dead. Just a long coma with hurley taking care of her if i had to guess. It will be interesting to see how long it takes before the rest of the group discovers Michael for who he is, or before Michael finds out that he is going to be double crossed. Great episode, and i cant wait until wednesday.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, looks like we got two episodes to discuss. :D Come on people!! The season is almost over, and soon there will be NO Lost to talk about!! I'll talk about these last two shows and then discuss some Season 3 business.

Ep. 21 - ?

I liked this episode better the second time I watched it. I think it's really interesting seeing Locke's faith disappear while Eko's becomes stronger. I'm not completely sure why Eko thinks the button is so important all of a sudden, especially after watching the orientation film inside the Pearl that says it's just an experiment. He obviously thinks it's important because of his dreams/visions, and he's willing to stand by them even in the face of discrediting information (the film). Eko is definitely one of the best characters on the show, but I'm having a hard time relating to him nowadays.

I definitely feel bad for Locke. I want to see him rise back up again.

Eko's flashback with the psychic was interesting. Same psychic who gave Claire her reading. In this flashback, he admits that he is a fraud, which has to put a new spin on the episode he was involved in back in Season 1. Was he paid off by Dharma or somebody to get Claire on Flight 815? Was somebody close to Claire leaking information to him about her? :?

Besides that, was anybody else surprised that the "?" on the island was the same location where Boone fell in Season 1? I kinda saw it coming. I mean, there had to have been more to Locke's vision than just leading Boone to his death. And the signifance of Eko finding the plane again earlier this year also hinted that it was no accident that the plane landed in that spot. Both Locke and Eko are "Men of Faith", and both had visions leading them to that location. There are a lot of other things I could mention, but basically, that area was definitely significant and not just because of the events that happened there (Boone's fall, Eko finding Yemi, Charlie finding heroin, etc).

Everything happens for a reason, right?

Ep. 22 - Three Minutes

I really enjoyed this episode because we as the audience know the truth about A-L and Libby but nobody else does. (Sayid suspects him. Good for him!) I thought it was probably Michael's best episode so far in both seasons. All this tragedy and evil plotting going on, all done in the name of love for his son. He is so racked with guilt, but he has to bear it in order have the chance of reuniting with Walt once and for all.

Here's the sad thing...

**MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!**

Harold Perrineau will not be a regular cast member in Season 3. Yes, this has been confirmed.

Now, it doesn't necessarily mean he will be killed off in the Season 2 finale; he could actually escape the island with Walt or officially become an "Other". And just because he's not a regular doesn't mean he can't appear in flashbacks next season. BUT, things don't look good for him because Sayid definitely suspects him and will probably turn the situation around on Michael at an unfortunate moment for him. And as I said earlier in this thread, the Walt-Michael story line will be resolved by the end of this season. Thirdly, one more cast member will supposedly die in the season finale. To me, those three things equal no more Michael. But, I guess we'll see.

I'd love for it to be Hurley who does him in, if he dies at all... dunno why, just do. It would probably be Sawyer though...

**END OF SPOILERS**

I have a question about The Others' plot here. It doesn't make much logical sense to me. I mean, a few episodes ago, when Jack and Kate went into the jungle and found Michael, couldn't the Others have just kidnapped them then? And then go snatch Sawyer and Hurley at another time? And wasn't Jack trying to negotiate a trade using Henry for Walt? I'm guessing that if the Others really wanted to, they could have just made the deal and then kidnap the ones they needed later on. But instead, they're making Michael go through all this. Obviously, we know Michael is being used by the Others because of his blind devotion to his son. (Their reunion was well worth it, by the way.) Something's just not right here.

And as for the boat at the end of the episode, I already have a big guess on who is onboard...*SPOILER?*Desmond*/SPOILER?* It would make a lot of sense, right? I thought it came too far out of left-field though.

Season 3 stuff

I guess I should mention that these count as spoilers too. (I'll black out anything big. It's up to you to resist. :D)

-The show will open with 7 straight episodes (yay!) followed by--get this--13 weeks of NO LOST! :evil: Not even repeats!!! But, after those 3-4 months are gone, there will be 13 consecutive episodes to finish the season. I guess that's a positive. (Just gotta survive those 3 months....)

-There will be more additions to the regular cast member crew. (Remember, only 14 people can be regular cast members for the show's budget.) Rumors point to Danielle, Alex, and Desmond becoming full-timers, but none have been confirmed. It's speculated that 4 or 5 people will be added (meaning that 4 or 5 of our current regulars will be gone... A-L and Libby are out, obviously, and if you read through my MAJOR SPOILER up above, then you see the count is at three so far).

**SPOILER** Michael Emerson--Fake Henry--will become a full-time cast member next year!

Well, that's it for now, I spose. I can't believe the season is almost OVER!!! :cry:

Sophita

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See I don't know why they just don't run it consequitively. Why does ABC continue to do that? When people stop tuning into lost, around the third week, they're going to figure, "Dude, there isn't any lost!" and then they will STOP WATCHING IT AND WATCH SOMETHING ELSE IN IT'S TIMESLOT. Just run it like 24 - 24 episodes, back to back.

I also don't like how they constantly keep adding new cast. Why? They can barely deal with what they have right now. Unless the new cast are all others (WHICH DUDE WOULD BE SO AWESOME) or red shirts rising to promince, where are these people going to come from? And what would they benefit the plot with?

I also think they need to up the pacing a bit. Poor prego-Sun is going to be pregnant for eleventy hundred years if they don't move things forward a bit. (Which - just speculation here - makes me think they're not likely to allow her to carry to term. Which is sad, as a) Aaron needs a playmate! and b) c'mon, look at Sun and Jin. Their kid would be gorgeous.)

As far as the episode goes:

- Michael's doing a damn fine acting job this episode. Which is great. But sadly, I don't think he's going to last long, especially now that Walt and him have had their lovey-dovey moment, solving Michael's original problem - not being able to relate to his kid, and not being sure if his child loved him. His flashback having nothing but his island adventures is a bit of a kiss-goodbye, too, I think. He's a dead man or he's an other by season 3, no doubt in my mind. Which is a shame, as this brought a really interesting turn to his character.

- Did anyone else think the scene between Sawyer and Jack was funny? Jack looked so stunned when Sawyer called him his friend. Awww. I also think they're doing a good job with the Sawyer/Kate/Jack storyline; it's tricky to manage a love triangle without playing it out too much (See: Grey's Anatomy, which likes to pretty much base everything on BUT WHO WILL MEREDITH CHOOSE"), but they're doing great with it right now.

- I thought the grave digging was touching, as was the short funeral. Though I wonder why they had Hurley say he was not going only to have him change his mind not even 15 minutes later. I'm also dissapointed we won't see any more of the Libby-the-mental-patient storyline, which I kind of liked.

And as far as ? went:

- I thought the episode was OK, but the thing that got me really interested was the psychic. Did he have his first genuine vision with Claire? Was he a Hanso/Others plant? Why was he so insistant?

John Layfield wrote:
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita, I completely agree that the season should run concurrently and not in 2 large spurts. It doesn't make sense to have such a huge break in between, however we have to factor in optimal shooting times. I've never been to Hawaii but I think they are like the south pacific and asia which gets a rainy season. They can't really work during those weeks. Or maybe they want to leave us on a HUGE cliffhanger during those weeks (hatch-like cliffhanger)

As far as this newest episode is concerned, I want to know why they selected Kate, Sawyer, Jack and Hurley to come to the enemy camps. My girlfriend and I think it has to do with them being "Bad people" but Hurley? Why wouldn't Jin or Sayid be on that bad people list? Both were involved in the harming of other people. Yeah, Hurley was directly responsible for the deaths of two people in that freak accident, but its not his fault. Jin could have chosen not to do Sun's father's bidding and Sayid could have held out as a POW and not engaged in torture. And what about Charlie? He's a fricking druggie (although I think he did a great job this episode)

On the topic of Charlie, the last episode, Charlie had a bit of a sub-role in it. He discovers Sawyer's stash which includes the remainder of the heroin, decides to throw it all into the ocean, and Locke sees this. It had to be pleasing to him to see Charlie taking control of his habits and former addiction like he tried to teach him in Season 1. Also he and Claire seem to be back in the groove. Claire held Charlie's hand during the funeral, and that was sweet. I'm glad he's not ex-communicated like he was for a while. Lets just hope he doesn't have any more episodes like he did this season early on. Also, I wonder if he'll continue to make Eko's church while he pushes the button for Locke.

Speaking of Locke, at the funeral he ripped off his cast and began hobbling away. I can't recall but I don't think it ever showed where he wobbled off to or what. I think he's going on a little journey to find himself. His leg is healing faster than it should and he knows the island has a healing effect. Maybe the healing is not only physical but Mental. I suppose if that were the case, Charlie and Hurley would have gone nutso this season though...

I think this is heading in a very good direction. Its my guess next season will be split in two for a reason. This season's end will be Kate, Jack, Hurley and Sawyer getting caught and kidnapped by the others. Next season we'll see what the remainder of the current crew do in the loss of those four, and Sayid will play the leader of that group, with John. There will be more focus on Charlie, Jin, Sun, Eko and Rose's storylines. Then leading up to the halfway point of the season a big climactic thing will happen. The big break will occur and in the second half of the season we'll see what Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, Michael, Walt, and all the new introduced others are up to (taking place, chronologically at the same time as the first half of the season.) That's my guess and prediction. It sounds cool and it also means that we'll see more of Zeke, Henry and the others.

Am I the only one sad that Ana-Lucia is gone? I liked her. Not because she was a good person or anything, but because she stirred up the pot. She had a lot of personality, something that this season has lacked. Most characters this season haven't been anything special. Jack is the "leader", kate is.. Kate. Sawyer is a dickhole... same old crap. But Ana-Lucia stirred crap up. I liked that. Libby was just starting to come into her own when Mikey offed her. Poor Hurley.

If I were Cynthia Watros, I wouldn't have done that other show, I mean come on. Lost is one of the biggest shows on TV and her character was being developed so well. I think if she hadn't signed on to the other show she'd srill be alive. They were totally setting up her storyline with being a patient with Hurley. I was really getting to like her and her character. I was really surprised when Michael plugged her stomach with lead.

I remember the Producers saying a few weeks back we'll see both Walt and Desmond before the season's end. Well, we've seen Walt, now I want Desmond. I hope he doesn't die, as he'd be a cool side character like Rousseau. I hope she comes back next season too, maybe to help out Losties.

At any road this season is looking good. The Locke losing faith thing is a nice twist and I'm liking Eko more each time he's on screen, and thats saying a lot because I was a big fan of Adewale when he was on Oz (Same with Michael/Harold Perrineau Jr).

You know. Dispite the heel turn, I still like Michael because he's justified in his mind. He's doing what it takes to "Get his boy back". I don't know if the others are going to hold true to their word and give him Walt and that boat.

Speaking of Boats, I don't think the boat at the end of the last episode will have anyone on it (or if it does its probably Desmond who tried to escape). It might be just a ruse or something. We'll wait and see.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
See I don't know why they just don't run it consequitively. Why does ABC continue to do that? When people stop tuning into lost, around the third week, they're going to figure, "Dude, there isn't any lost!" and then they will STOP WATCHING IT AND WATCH SOMETHING ELSE IN IT'S TIMESLOT. Just run it like 24 - 24 episodes, back to back.

While it would be nice to get 23 consecutive LOST episodes, that would mean having 33 weeks without LOST in a row. (Of course, in that time the DVD will come out so you can watch all the episodes again if you want, but still, that's a looong time to wait for what happens next.)

Quote:
I also don't like how they constantly keep adding new cast. Why? They can barely deal with what they have right now. Unless the new cast are all others (WHICH DUDE WOULD BE SO AWESOME) or red shirts rising to promince, where are these people going to come from? And what would they benefit the plot with?

My candidates for new cast members: Henry, Zeke, Ms. Clugh (sp?), Pickett, Desmond, Alex, and Danielle.

The writers said that they're planning to show a Danielle-centric episode for Season 3, showing us how she wound up being stranded on the island and what she went through.

To answer your question, I think adding new regulars is a good idea. It keeps the stories fresh. You can't show 20 Locke flashbacks because eventually you'll know everything there is to know about Locke, including "boxers or briefs". They need to keep things fresh because the flashbacks are here to stay, so the best way to do that is to introduce new characters with new connections.

I agree with you on one part, though, and that's the fact that half of the regular cast has not been utilized very well these past few weeks. Sure, we got a Bernard and Rose flashback and another Sun and Jin episode, but what have these characters contributed to the story besides their little dramatics with each other? Claire is another useless character, but now that she has those vaccines she might become important again. Charlie and Sayid haven't been used very well recently either. So what would we get by adding 4-5 new cast members for Season 3? Well, obviously some of the less important characters will be pushed out the door into "Guest Starring" roles. The writers seem to have a plan though, so I'm willing to give them a chance to make it work out.

Quote:
Did anyone else think the scene between Sawyer and Jack was funny? Jack looked so stunned when Sawyer called him his friend. Awww. I also think they're doing a good job with the Sawyer/Kate/Jack storyline; it's tricky to manage a love triangle without playing it out too much (See: Grey's Anatomy, which likes to pretty much base everything on BUT WHO WILL MEREDITH CHOOSE"), but they're doing great with it right now.

I didn't think it was funny. It was surprising to me, actually. Just when you think you have Sawyer pegged, he always seems to do something to make you scratch your head. With all the squabbling Jack and Sawyer do, I was really surprised when Sawyer admitted that Jack was the closest thing he had to a friend. No wonder Jack was stunned.

This might just be foreshadowing though, getting the two of them a bit closer, because pretty soon they're going to have to rely on each other more than they've ever had to before when they go against the Others.

Red wrote:
As far as this newest episode is concerned, I want to know why they selected Kate, Sawyer, Jack and Hurley to come to the enemy camps.

This is bothering me, too. Especially considering that they are the first of the Lostaways that the Others wanted to kidnap. (Claire didn't count because Ethan was acting alone, and Locke doesn't really count because who can believe what Henry says?) Maybe the Others have been watching them from the Pearl Station and based on their observations decided to bring them in for further tests. They might want Hurley because of his relationship to Libby. (I think she's got some connection to the Dharma Initiative that hasn't been revealed yet.)

Quote:
He discovers Sawyer's stash which includes the remainder of the heroin, decides to throw it all into the ocean, and Locke sees this. It had to be pleasing to him to see Charlie taking control of his habits and former addiction like he tried to teach him in Season 1.

Actually, I think it's just the opposite. Locke's faith in the hatch, the button, his purpose, the Island--everything--has been crippled along with his leg. He is lost again. Seeing Charlie overcome his temptations and throw away the heroin has got to put up a painful mirror to his own existence. Charlie is moving past his problems, and Locke is standing in place. Yeah, a part of him might have been proud of Charlie because the last time the two of them interacted was when Locke punched the crud out of him, thinking he was high again. But I think there's some jealousy/anger/frustration in there as well.

Quote:
Speaking of Locke, at the funeral he ripped off his cast and began hobbling away. I can't recall but I don't think it ever showed where he wobbled off to or what. I think he's going on a little journey to find himself.

Well, he's not going on a "journey". We see him in the preview for the finale swinging Eko's Jesus-stick at the computer, so I think he's festering right now on the verge of exploding.

We do know that the timer runs out next week once and for all. I can't wait to see who was right about the button next week: Eko or Locke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 9 of 19

Jump to: