Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Queendom of Falena - Possible Suikoden V Spoilers

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: The Queendom of Falena - Possible Suikoden V Spoilers Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know if the ruler of Falena is always a queen, as the name suggests, or can it be a "king"dom as well? Obviously, it would be something of a hassle for them to have to change the name everytime a new ruler ascends to the throne, so that would seem to suggest an eternal matriarchy...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure Suikoden V promotional material makes it clear that the Prince of Falena can never ascend to the throne due to his gender.

Remember, 'Kingdom' would be the default noun for such a nation, which is why places like the United Kingdom retain their name even when a Queen is the soverign of the nation. The use of the title 'Queendom' seems a deliberate attempt to establish that Falena is a purely matriarchal monarchy.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. As I said, I assumed it was perpetually matriarchal, but I just wanted to be sure.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only way for Falena to be ruled by a male is if a foreign country successfully invades Falena and "regime-changes" Falena's form of government. So far Armes has failed to conquer Falena, due to brilliance of Lady Lucretia, valor of Ferid, and wisdom of Arshtat in the war between Armes and Falena eight years before Suikoden V.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i believe there was a mention of a king being an ancient ruler before the first queen descended from heaven; supposedly, he used the sun rune and nearly destroyed falena completely.

because of the content, i'm moving this to the right place.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That Kingdom was actually the Ancient Kingdom of Armes, which previously held the Sun Rune.

I do wonder what would happen to the Commander of the Queen's Knights if the Queen were to die first. Would he become Soverign until a new Queen took the throne? I could see that happening somewhere in the long history of Falena. Arshtat and Ferid are perfect examples of a "what might have been" type situation, if Ferid would have survived.

Also, if there were no succesors to the throne and the Queen died, someone has to fill that power vacuum.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probable not. I believe if the queen dies the next to suceed her would be her eldest daugther or she has none her closes female relative.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If she has none of that sort but male relatives, who would be next in line for the throne?

I doubt her husband would, but can the wife of her son be one? Or his daughter?

There ought to be an explanation as to why the Prince's lineage only goes back 30 generations, which is definitely shorter than the age of Falena as a nation.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure if only male relatives were left the Current Commander of the Queen's Knights would more-or-less rule until a daughter with Royal Blood is born.
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actual 30 generations are more than long enough. Dont forget if the suikoden timeline is to be believed its only been 1000 since the world was created plus the fact the land was occupied by ancient armes and sindar would make it fairly consistent
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would go to the next female relative, and pass down. If the Queen died and she has no living female relatives, then probably the closest male relative whose wife first concieves/births a female child will become the father of the new Queen. They might very well make the infant a Queen, and her parents will probably effectively rule in her stead until such a time as she is able to.

But such an idea is kind of far fetched; there's very rarely a time when someone has all male relatives.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: