Suikoden United and Illusional Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden at E3?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The-Traitor-McDohl

Shi Shi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Suikoden at E3? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any word yet if Suikoden VI (or some other Suikoden) will make an appearance at E3?
I know it's unlikely due to the lack of Suikoden fans in this country, but hey, stranger things have happened. Take Nintendo naming their new console "wii," for instance.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very unlikely. SVI doesn't seem to be a game planned for the PS2 nor a launch game for the PS3 (or so hinted Kawano in her interview a few months ago) so it's really unlikely that it'll happen. The max we could hear was that there was a Suikoden in production and very few pormenors, but don't expect anything.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They may even cancel the series. With the low sales and the higher cost of making PS3 games, perhaps Konami decides to stop it. Until there's an official announcement, I won't even expect a new Suikoden.
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami usually reveals new Suikoden games at TGS anyway.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The earliest we'll see Suikoden at E3 will be next year. It hasn't been officially announced yet. I agree with Xelinis, it will be announced at TGS. Probably not for a while though. They've flooded the market with 3 Suikodens in 2 years. Not that I'm complaining, but I believe they'll slow down a bit.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Konami usually reveals new Suikoden games at TGS anyway.

Yes, it does seem likely that Suikoden VI will premier at this years TGS. The PS3 will be released shortly after that, so it seems like a good opportunity to get word of the game out. Of course-- it could also be overshadowed by talk of more mainstream games being released for the system.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wouldn't we almost have to hear about VI by this year's TGS to even be safe that there will be another suikoden in the next 2-3 years at all? obviously nothing is ever for sure, but konami is surely going to shift it's focus on next gen games when 2007 starts, if there is still no confirmation by then about a new genso suikoden game for the PS2, then it would mean there have been nothing in the works since V was completed. As the next gen systems get into full swing, I don't see why konami wouldn't just start to create VI for PS3 if at all, since wasn't the first game and III somewhat early rpgs for both the PS and PS2?(I know III didn't come out until 2 years after the PS2 was out but wasn't there only a handful of PS2 rpgs then? with the only good one being FFX) if the next game is on PS3 I don't see it coming out until maybe at the earliest fall 2008, I for one will be pretty depressed if this year's TGS doesn't feature a new suikoden game.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
The earliest we'll see Suikoden at E3 will be next year. It hasn't been officially announced yet. I agree with Xelinis, it will be announced at TGS. Probably not for a while though. They've flooded the market with 3 Suikodens in 2 years. Not that I'm complaining, but I believe they'll slow down a bit.

FLOODED? That's a bit of an exxageration. Look at Squeenixes E3 list, THAT is flooding. This is just consistency from a pet franchise(a franchise the developers like, but that nobody really counts on making a lot of money). It never sold fantastically, but it never went into the red either so I doubt they'll cancel the series. Especially considering the reviews 5 got essentially boiling down to "great game, bad graphics bad loading". In other words, a bigger budget was all that held it back from selling well since everything else was solid.
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im worried i hope the series didnt get cancelled!
The-Traitor-McDohl

Shi Shi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nocturne1337 wrote:
im worried i hope the series didnt get cancelled!

I wouldn't worry about it; Suikoden has a strong following in Japan.
Though I am a bit concerned about them not translating the games anymore since they've never sold very well in the states.
It happened with the Dragon Warrior (Quest) series.
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No it didnt. With that series, even though the final PSX installment sold DISMALLY in the states, for the 8th installment they went ballstothewall on graphics and sidequesting, and it sold reasonably well even though(from a practical standpoint) the only difference between 7 and 8 was 8 has voiceacting and high poly character models/environments. The story was prettymuch the same, the characters were just as developed, but everything "seemed" better to the reviewers because the game was prettier. Make Suikoden prettier, the reviews will get better/the game will sell better. Nothing has to be comprimised.
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he meant that only up to dragon warrior 3 and then the series for america skippe dstraight to 7 anfd 8
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok, the question has been asked; the question has been answered. any further 'discussion' serves no real purpose, so this thread, she is DEAD.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: