Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hazuki and Genshu
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Hazuki and Genshu Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was reading the Japanese official guide, and there was an interesting entry about Hazuki and her relations with other characters. Hazuki is a daughter of a family that has been the principal fencing instructor for an unknown country's leadership. The guide said that this country is the same place as where Genshu hails from.

Now, one of the short story anthologies published a few years ago had a story about Genshu and his dealings before Suikoden II. Within that story, he says that he comes froma country known by most people as "Katana." He explains that the nation has a spearate name, but most outsiders refer to the nation as "Katana" due to the country being known for their sharp blades.

I wonder if they'll actually ever use this background info.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, she comes from a place that is famous for its sharp blades, but I have to sharpen her sorry-ass weapon from level 1?
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One reply in and it's the thread of the week. :D

Prior to Suikoden V's release, I'd wondered if they were going to make Falena the Japan of the Suiko-verse, but even with all the katana and fairly Japanese outfits, the ethnic influence ended up being hard to place. It'd be fun to pay Hazuki's nation a visit someday, though.

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Wait, she comes from a place that is famous for its sharp blades, but I have to sharpen her sorry-ass weapon from level 1?

This is why you are the boss. :P

Having said that, I would like to see said Katana in some game. Only an appearance though. I wouldn't really like to see it as the main setting.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:

Well you see, her blade is for training purposes (I think...)
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For once, SARS replies in this way. But that's how great Leb is. :D

But i do hope to see 'Katana' someday soon. I never thought of Suikoden V as one with Japanese influence. I saw it more of a Chinese influence than anything else. I wonder then if Katana could be in the Western Continent... :roll:

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait. So there was a whole friggin' nation basically lying about for nearly a decade and no-one ever told me?!

And I just updated my maps earlier today too.... should have checked this thread earlier.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm.....I would like to see this Katana in future installments. I would imagine its kinda like Rokakku except less.....ninja-like. I'd imagine this country is quite small for some reason. An entire game probably won't take place in it, but we'll probably visit it
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what else is known about Hazuki?
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps since Rokakku is a ninja hamlet Katana will be all samurai-ish. Genshu was a samurai right?

Too many new mysterious nations at once-- yeesh

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I consider that a good thing, Neclord. I thought the Suikoden world was too limited because we didn't really discover any nations for the past two Suikodens. The disclosure of a bunch of other nations to the south just made me optimistic that Suikoden will definitely live a longer life in the future with all of those places. That said, I would like to see this Katana and I'm interested in its location, its culture, etc.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm interesting.. but i thought he may be from kanaan.. everything we know about kanaan is that there is this famous liquor and the swordmasters..like this roundier haia dude(or women) and the falcon style
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you mean Kanakan. Where Belcoot is apparantly from (even though he isn't really). Kanaan was that imperial traitor guy from S1.
Sasarai109

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Kanaan is the worst Suikoden character ever. I've been aware of this for a bit now too I can't wait to visit Katana. Genshu's brother was the one who was murdered or something there. Also I'd say this land will be on the Western Continent and be visitable but not the main storyline. I can't wait to see this place, I wonder where it is.

I also know for a fact that Lotte in SI (cat girl, red hair) comes from Kanakan.

"For me to call someone my friend they must be equal to me in all respects"
Griffith- Berserk
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've actually got a feeling that it could actually be on the Eastern Continent that we know even more little about, than the Western Continent. The reason why I say this is that it could be in link with Kanakan, and not just by their names sounding simular. Heck there's an island just south of Nirva thats unknown basicly. We don't know thats Falanian or Kanakan territory or that the two islands could be apart of this 'Katana'.

This is just a shot in the dark idea I came up with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: