Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The PAL fact and rumour mill
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats true, but it is getting better, hopefully the advent of region free gaming will hapen soon, that would make games alot more assecible to the English speaking PAL territories.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aydas_arrow wrote:
Thats true, but it is getting better, hopefully the advent of region free gaming will hapen soon, that would make games alot more assecible to the English speaking PAL territories.

The ps3 apparantly is adopting that approach, which is a good thing since it is undoubtedly the most anticipated and rumour filled of the next gen consoles. Games however purely rely on developers and distributors so even with region free games it will still take some time to get the resources to actually make it relatively simultaneous. (which in a way could actually force up the prices of games)

What i do know however, is that the 360 launch in Aus broke sales records over a 4 day period by 3k units, and current top 10 sales are 9 360 titles and 1 pc.

Call Of Duty 2
Ghost Recon 3 Adv
Project Gotham Racing 3
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Perfect Dark Zero
Fight Night Round 3
NFS: Most Wanted
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC)
Quake 4
Tony Hawk USA Waste

as you can see the launch titles along with the most bought games contain games that:

-are on pc prior to 360 release (Oblivion, Call of Duty 2, Quake 4)
-are on ps2 prior to 360 release (NFS: Most Wanted)

Which brings the launch as somewhat successful but speculates about the strength of how long it will last if games already established were needed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was at a different EB Games store today and asked them about Tactics. Be afraid, be very afraid... no listing whatsoever. They had V down and preorderable, but no Tactics in sight at all and he hadn't heard anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

goodbye wrote:
I was at a different EB Games store today and asked them about Tactics. Be afraid, be very afraid... no listing whatsoever. They had V down and preorderable, but no Tactics in sight at all and he hadn't heard anything.

In my experience in working with EB staff, they rarely know anything worth noting and the usually confuse themselves if you dispute the point of release dates.

If i had $1 for everytime i asked an EB sales rep about release dates of a certain day and theyreplied with 'today but tomorrow maybe next week' id prolly have around $100. Hell i was even told to come back in 2 hours because the game was technically 'released' yet despite the official date being 2 days ago i mean come on how pedantic can you get.

But yeah considering thats like Tactics...4th to 5th push back im not surprised nothings been heard cause right now people would be treating the release date with uncertainty. Aeon Flux was also somewhat delayed though since the movies pretty much just hit aussie shores it'll get a release soon.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And now some good news, Games Warehouse have now updated Suikoden Tactics as being "in stock now".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im Happy for you guys!

Has anyon in the UK noticed a common thing with all of the GAME stores over here?

Every bloody window has a poster of Lara Croft, ans im not talking a window of all the different shops, i mean ALL of the windows, the wall hangings, and the huge preorder section.

I know this is Lara's last chance, but jesus this is just overkill.
goodbye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never mind EB Games for now, I spotted Suikoden Tactics at JB Hi-Fi, Robina Town Centre (QLD) for $94.98 (from memory). Further good news, the big, ugly ratings advice that is usually printed on most covers is a sticker for our release of Suikoden Tactics, stuck over what I'm pretty certain is the UK rating.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

goodbye wrote:
Never mind EB Games for now, I spotted Suikoden Tactics at JB Hi-Fi, Robina Town Centre (QLD) for $94.98 (from memory). Further good news, the big, ugly ratings advice that is usually printed on most covers is a sticker for our release of Suikoden Tactics, stuck over what I'm pretty certain is the UK rating.

yeah my sister went down to JB in melb and saw it for $89, still havent seen it in EB or gamesrush though so since JB are known for importing stuff it could just be that with the 'gaming stores' just pushing back their release until theyve finished with the game themselves.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get my copy of Dragon Quest tommorow, yay.

Looks like Final Fantasy 12 has been pushed back again.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Updating the dead topic with some aussie info.

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children is scheduled for a roundabout 3rd of May release (2 DVD Amaray Case) for around $33, its currently available for preorder from jb.

And some volatile release dates for this months console gaming.

Quote:
PS2

4th May 2006 Armoured Core: Nine Breaker
5th May 2006 Championship Manager 2006
5th May 2006 Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers
8th May 2006 Singstar Ultimate Bundle
12th May 2006 Army Men - Major Malfunction
18th May 2006 Ape Escape 3
18th May 2006 Homura
18th May 2006 Raiden III
18th May 2006 Street Golfer
19th May 2006 Ford Vs Chevy (Budget)
19th May 2006 The Da Vinci Code
24th May 2006 X Men 3 The Official Game
25th May 2006 Arcade Classics Vol 1 (Budget)
25th May 2006 Car Racing Challenge (Budget)
25th May 2006 Fitness Fun (Budget)
25th May 2006 Iron Sea (Budget)
25th May 2006 Gottlieb Pinball Classics
25th May 2006 Gigawing Generations (Budget)
25th May 2006 Monster Trucks Extreme Offroad Edition (Budget)
25th May 2006 Quest For Sleeping Beauty (Budget)
26th May 2006 Hitman Blood Money
26th May 2006 Urban Chaos

Xbox 360

2nd May 2006 NHL 2K6
2nd May 2006 NBA 2K6
12th May 2006 Timeshift
19th May 2006 Rumble Roses XX
26th May 2006 Hitman: Blood Money
26th May 2006 Table Tennis

GCN

Xbox

4th May 2006 Rainbow Six - Critical Hour
5th May 2006 Championship Manager 2006
5th May 2006 Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
11th May 2006 Pacman World 3
12th May 2006 Army Men - Major Malfunction
19th May 2006 The Da Vinci Code
26th May 2006 Hitman Blood Money
26th May 2006 Urban Chaos: Riot Response

A good comparison can be seen between the 360 titles and the original xbox, as well as amounts.

7 360 releases
9 xbox releases

with 2 games in both categories.

Whats also interesting is the sales period after the 360 launch, where they did indeed break australian sales records in their first week, but of the 9 games that sold the most during that time only 2 sold enough to be bottom 10 sales for the next week (Elder Scrolls 4, which according to those who own it on pc as well as on 360 looks horrific on 360, & ghost recon 3 advanced) with the PS2 back to pretty much dominating the sales figures(top 3, Tomb Raider Legends, Ice Age 2: the Meltdown, 'Fiddy cent' 50 cent Bulletproof). The lone pc title, the Sims 2: Open for Business slots in at 4th so that sony dont get a top 5 domination with no competition.

The cube....just isnt selling like it used to.

Also for thos interested in gaming bargains Australia wide, Electronics Boutique are holding their 2 for $50 sale on selected items to throw out the junk.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well surprise surprise.. PalGN have got Suikoden V listed as coming out September 29. Not quite the June/July we've been told until now.

Speaking of which, anyone seen Suikoden Tactics anywhere yet? That one sorta disappeared completely, only seen the Eu version at JB and nowhere else thus far.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

goodbye wrote:
Well surprise surprise.. PalGN have got Suikoden V listed as coming out September 29. Not quite the June/July we've been told until now.

Speaking of which, anyone seen Suikoden Tactics anywhere yet? That one sorta disappeared completely, only seen the Eu version at JB and nowhere else thus far.

thats the only place ive seen it also, wasnt in EB a couple days ago though it was constantly pushed back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: