Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

any of you guys had a character die in army battles?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saving BEFORE a major battle is healthy. Try it.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol good advice there, Hrestelan. That's what I always do myself. I've never had a character die in battles for this game though. I think I've only had 2 or 3 units retreat ever to be honest, I can't remember which units they were though.
Shame on you guys for all the Belcoot deaths though!

-My DeviantArt-
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far, I haven't had anyone die on me in Suikoden V. But Luc died in Suikoden I, which caused a time paradox!!!

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had any unit die. Retreat yeah, that battle against Dilber when you had to go into the forest. Georg's unit, if I remember right, retreated. He was with Kyle and Logg, I think.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm REALLY pedantic on saving my units, and as such in my first play through I only had 3 units fall ever. 2 were in the first battles around Rainwall, the other was Boz's unit who got stuck between enemies at the Lelcar defense.

I have not had a war death in Suikoden since GS1.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 was the only game where I had characters die extensively, I had all available stars up to the attack on the Floating Fortress but every single time, I would pull a bad attack and whatever unit I sent would always have someone die. Half the time it was Eileen who died too.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I though Suikoden 2 was the worse when it comes to characters dying. I mean I have Georg Pesmerga and maybe Humprehy in one team and some random Highland unit attacked them. I thought I probably can survive the attack since my DEF scores are so high and I have Heavy Armour+Charge skills (only had two sword stuck on unit)...then...BOOM somehow that nameless unit defeated my Georg army and Georg dies..WTF?

S2 was really bad for its compete randomness in unit power. I think those ATT DEF scores are only for show....heh. This is why I like the S2 War battles the least.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For what it's worth, these are the people who can die in wars in Suikoden V, according to the guide:

Quote:
Belcoot
Bergen
Cathari
Eresh
Ernst
Isabel
Mathias
Nakula
Nikea
Norden
Norma
Raven
Zegai

Not that many, surprisingly.

One thing that's interesting is something the first poster brought up but that I haven't seen since is - will people leave if you let their friend's die? (Eg will Ernst leave if Norma dies?) And if so, who leaves for who?

I'll have to look into it next playthrough. I always just press reset since I figure once someone dies, you don't get much on them. This could be interesting. ^^;

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hazuki and Marina leave if Belcoot dies.
Norma and Ernst leave if either of them die.
Mathias leaves if Isabel dies. I don't think Isabel leaves if Mathias dies though.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah in my file i was in a war (i forget which one) and Norden died when i lost that particular unit. I did not think it was a big deal, however when i finished the game and i saw the character endings, it showed Norden as having died at that particular war battle.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually try to lose battles on my second playthroughs just to see what the characters will say when they die. I usually do it in Suikoden II. I haven't done it in Suikoden V though.

The war battles aren't all tha hard if you play it right but just to be sure, save your file before every major event, including wars. :wink:

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I actually try to lose battles on my second playthroughs just to see what the characters will say when they die. I usually do it in Suikoden II. I haven't done it in Suikoden V though.

Heh, I do this as well. I intentionally kill characters to know what their dying speeches are, and because some of them annoy me. It's more of the latter though.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too had Belcoot die on me, I think it was something like the first or second major battle too. I just let his unit get cornered, and then found out that yup, characters can die if their unit is wiped out. Good thing I always save often and I make sure I get my saves in before going off to do battle.

I just recently played through Suikoden 2 again, and I lost a unit which culminated in the death of Tuta. Part of me didn't want to go through the trouble of fighting again, because hey, it's just Tuta, but I also wanted the best ending, so my hand was forced. Seriously, it was just Tuta, should he really count as a Star of Destiny? Ridley was another one that liked to die just from having something breathe on him a little heavy. Suikoden 2 did not like Ridley at all.

~Uguu!~
PesmergaS

Fallen Angel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't have anyone die on me in Suikoden V, as I had maybe 1 or 2 unti had to retreat. In Suikoden 1 I had Luc die, and Sheena too I think. In suikoden 2 gilbert died once, and Ayda I think once too

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's with Belcoot dying so often? I had Belcoot die on me on my first playthrough, during the Queen's Campaign. This was particulary annoying since I had already trouble with it, mainly Kyle's fight. What's up with not being able to choose continue if you happen to die, and then you have to fight the army battle again, but at the last dungeon when you split parties, you can choose to continue.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: