Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A Change in Direction
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The war system will not vanish at all. You should read more carefully, Scarlet assassin.

The new additions will only serve as an alternative way to play the game; if a nation wants, it can just continue with its conquest and ignore the new possibilites.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

interesting, can't wait to see how this will play out.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
I'm surprised at how many people are in favor of this change. Of course that may just be their public face. I guess I'm the only one that's going to be disappointed at the loss of the war system, and honestly I don't see the reason for the change. I've never seen anyone from opposing nations be seriously mean to one another because of the war system. Yeah, I'm really failing to see the point in all of this but hey, I really don't have a say now do I?

Oh well. Good bye war system. RIP my friend.

He's not getting rid of the War System, per se, Scarlet. He's just tweaking it so that peace is a profitable option. Look at it from a different perspective. Since you're in Kooluk, I'll use that as an example. You're wedged between Scarlet Moon and TIN. There's no real reason for you to try to conquer eachother unless you have a tyrannical leader like Luca Blight who tried taking Jowston for spite. As it stands, it would look like all these nations of the world are devoted to chaos and anarchy and not the peace and benefit of its citizens. Its hard to think of a world that only knows war. Why fight a war when you only do so to fight more wars.

At first the system did have war in mind, but the progression of the game with a navy, region governors, stats and such move us closer to governing over an imaginary world. As members of Suikox, we take on the role of leaders of regiments, regions and nations. As the game has gotten more in depth, so has the jobs of us as members. We can now upgrade regions and soon we'll be seeing trade negotiations and quite a fun realistic world.

I'm all for making this game more fun by limiting war, but like Scarlet's fear, we can't completely remove the war idea. If a nation does resolve to take on another nation, I believe there should be that option, as well as other possibilites like bartering and peace talks. For example, Nation A wants to attack Nation B. Nation B does not want to go into war causing civil unrest within its regions so perhaps an agreement can be reached that for X phases Nation A can not attack Nation B for Y potch.

I like the idea of peace, but I also like the idea of war. I'm scared that this peaceful Suikox will result in a boring Suikox. I guess time will tell.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On behalf of the Zexen Confederacy, I'd like to say "Hurrah!" to these changes. Why? Hehe. War isn't our strong point. We'll keep it at that.

It's good to see some changes. It'd be good to conquer the world by economical means.

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
The war system will not vanish at all. You should read more carefully, Scarlet assassin.

The new additions will only serve as an alternative way to play the game; if a nation wants, it can just continue with its conquest and ignore the new possibilites.

*Dawns Luca Blight Cardboard outfit* Kill all those un-clean! Long live High- Kooluk! Scarlet assassin does make a point, losing the War system would stink, luckily that isn't what will happen, and really I doubt this will change the short term plans for the nations. As you just don't bury the racket easy, but this does change the prospects of war from the main point of the game, but I doubt any nation will want to avoid fighting completely... well besides Zexen. What I think this will really do is make it easier on people as they won't want to fight everyone, and trusting other nations becomes easier when you know that the point of the game isn't to eventually wipe them out. Also I guess it's an end to the Suikox World War, and a start of so many others ^^

Edited: for being too dang cliché!

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:

I understand completely what was said Iscalio, and I don't much like the insinuation that I wasn't reading carefully. However, given that it has been stated that the cost of war will increase and that the focus of the baord will be shifting from war to peace I took the next rational step with my logic, that being that the war system will become obselete. I can only hope that Kooluk remains a group of bloodthirsty bastards.

Please, Mr. Nation leader, in the future don't jump to conclusions when it comes to me, I assure you that when I read something, especially something that is this important to the board, I read it very carefully and think before I form an opinion.

As far as your examples go Red, that doesn't sound like a very interesting system to me at all. Would you really want to preside over a nation that hands money to its enemies just so that they won't attack?

And I wonder now, what will happen to mercs? With the decreased importance of war and the addition of rules that will make more nation members applicable options it seems as though the merc position will become as obselete as the war system.

Oh well, I'm not a leading member of the board or anything so I suppose I shouldn't concern myself with such matters.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
I understand completely what was said Iscalio, and I don't much like the insinuation that I wasn't reading carefully. However, given that it has been stated that the cost of war will increase and that the focus of the baord will be shifting from war to peace I took the next rational step with my logic, that being that the war system will become obselete. I can only hope that Kooluk remains a group of bloodthirsty bastards.

Please, Mr. Nation leader, in the future don't jump to conclusions when it comes to me, I assure you that when I read something, especially something that is this important to the board, I read it very carefully and think before I form an opinion.

Well, you said "Oh well. Good bye war system. RIP my friend." while Sars said "However, this doesn't mean battles will be ignored." It still doesn't seem to me as if you read it very carefully.
Oh, and the focus of the board will not shift from war to peace. Rather,. the game will change from a "game of war" to a "game of war and other stuff".
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, this thread is already turning too personal.

I made my announcement, and that's really the only purpose of this thread, so I'll close this. People need to take things less seriously, really--this is just a game, after all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: