Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The 2006 NFL Draft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: The 2006 NFL Draft Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NFL Draft day is approaching us, it's an extravaganza, it's huge, it's the biggest thing since February in some parts of the world.

Word is the Texans have all but agreed to a 6 year $49 million dollar deal with Reggie Bush. No surprise here as anyone who followed the collage games knows this kid could be the most dynamic player in the last 10 years. Right now a lot is being floated around the news how the Texans aren't taking him. It's all just contract leverage if you ask me...

So any of you watch all the draft? Do any of you have any draft day rituals (like putting on your jersey dancing for 5 minutes and praying that your team picks the guy you want)? Not that I do that, *ahem*...

Any potential busts, will Vince Young be a bust? He bombed the wonderlic test... Will Leinart be reunited with his old OC with the Tacks? Will the Aints take D'Brickashaw since they traded away Gandy, or will they look at Super Mario who's already drawing comparissons to Peppers. Will the Jets take QB because jello-armed Pennington can't throw a 10 yard out? AHh, the fun of draft day, anyone else enjoy it?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a huge NFL fan and this year's draft looks to be downright exciting. Aside from the actual season and post-season of Football, this is the most exciting weekend in the year. The Offseason comes to a huge focus as the teams prepare for the draft.

As far as who gets who, I have my ideas of who is going where and why. I watch ESPN and NFL channel so I know who's good and who's not. Also I formed my own opinions watching some of the bowl games in the college bowl season.

1st Pick- Houston Texans - Reggie Bush RB

Houston has got Mouldsfor a second wide out and they have Dominick Davis at RB already, so why not pick Mario Williams like they've been balking at all week? Here's why. Reggie comes from a 2 back system at USC and will fit right in at Houston whiich will no doubtedly switch to a two back system to get Bush the rest he needs in between series and on third downs. While yes, upping Texans D is a great idea, Bush is a phenom that people havent seen since god knows when and if he goes to New Orleans and gets big, Houston will kick themselves.

2nd Pick - New Orleans Saints - D'Brickishaw Ferguson OT

The Saints answered their QB needs by getting Sand Diego's Drew Brees. I think the smart pick for them is D'Brickishaw because he's fast, he's strong and he'll protect Brees. The only problem that New Orleans faces is the tight end, but an okay one might be there round two. Can Brees function without a LaDanian and Antonio Gates? Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down to the 4 spot (and pick up a better 2 round pick where the TE issue can be better addressed) to allow the Jets in the second spot to swipe Vince Young before he gets gobbled up.

3rd Pick - Tennessee Titans - Vince Young QB

There's a lot of support for both Leinart and Young going to Tennessee. But here's where I think the solution lies. The GM of Tennessee is from the texas area and has admitted to being a Young fan. Young will not be an out of the gate star like Marino or anything but in 2 years he'll have Tennessee as serious contenders. Leinart might not give them that because his short range isn't a fit with the style offense tennessee is known for. McNair has been a shotgun and thats what they'll replace him with, another shotgun. Also, the Oilers/Titans organization have been known to side with the black QBs. Warren Moon and Steve McNair were the face of the franchise for so long, now it is Young's turn.

4th Pick - New York Jets - Matt Leinart QB

Chad is done, too many surgeries and Leinart seems a lot like a Broadway Joe of old with the pretty boy smile and the hub bub with stars like Nick Lachey and Ashton Kutcher. Jets also aren't a team that is known for doing the crazy and picking Cutler like some analysts ahve predicted. Leinart will be in New York.

5th Pick - Green Bay Packers - Vernon Davis TE

Green Bay has Favre for another year, so why make the same mistakes all over again that caused him to want to leave? Aaron Rodgers will be under tutilage of Favre this year and by getting a TE as versatile at both blocking and receiving like Davis, you'll see Favre taking less hits and getting more wins. If for some reason D'Brickishaw is still around (N.O. taking Mario Williams) they'll take D'Brickishaw instead, but I don't see the best offensive lineman in the draft going over 5. This will fix ONE of GB's problems, now the rest of their picks can go to defense.

6th Pick - San Francisc 49ers - Mario Williams DE

There's a lot of work to do boh offensivelt and defensively for San Fran and they are sure Alex Smith is their man so they'll boost the defense instead of taking Cutler who is reminicent of Montana in hie college years. Mario has "slipped" this low in the draft, but will be a BIG presence raking up sacks this year. SF now needs to cover the weak secondary and RB situation. If there was a better RB besides Lendale White on the boards, they'd pick them but there's not.

7th Pick - Oakland Raiders - AJ Hawk LB

Oakland is known for doing some stupid draft moves (picking a Kicker in the 1st round!?!) before but this is what they SHOULD do. Whatever Al Davis does thouh is beyond me. AJ is a LB who will fit in with the aggressive style the Silver and Black are famous for. He'll pick up the slack in the secondary as well as be a great pas rush in the blitz.

8th Pick - Buffalo Bills - Broderick Bunkley DT

He's a big man with the ability to spit the offensive line like Ted Washington could. He's a decent package and Buffalo's slipping Defense needs a man like this in there. While there's uncertainty to J.P Losman's ability, he has another year to prove his worth. If he flounders look for a 1st round pick next year being a QB. Bunkley seems to be a decent fit for Buffalo, but he won't ever be a pro-bowler, but will be a candidate.

9th pick - Detroit Lions - Jay Cutler QB

Detroit needs a lot of help, most of it in their front office, but thats a whole other issue. On the field, they have QB woes. They picked up McCown from the Cardinals, but he's a gamble. Cutler looks to be someone that can one day lead a franchise. McCown will be under snap this year, but see Cutler next year or late in the season when the Lions are 5-9 and things look bad. He'll get some game time in. Next year (07)should be better for Detroit football.

10th Pick - Arizona Cardinals - Chad Jackson WR

Kurt Warner is under snap this year, look for them to make a trade for someone midseason to replace the fossil. Since there's no major QBs left they go with what they are strong in and make it better. Chad Jackson will be a wonderful supplement to Larry Fitzgerald. The problem is finding an arm for him to get the ball. If Cutler is open though, he's an Arizona Cardinal.

After this, I don't know nor do I throuoghly care. My team got Bunkley so I'm good. Of course we've seen some weird things in the past in the draft. Buffalo's surprise in '04 taking Willis McGahee when they had Travis Henry who was perfectly fine. Also, the Raiders are also wild cards. Look for teams to try and trade up to the 2 and three spot, but I doubt we'll see Tennessee budge unless they get a REALLY sweet deal involving an already established QB.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not only do I never miss the draft, I've been waiting for this one impatiently for months. I might as well drop my mock in here.

1. Houston: Reggie Bush, RB, USC

There's talk about Houston picking Mario Williams all over the news and even in Bush camp they seem to be pessimistic about his chances to play ball in Houston. Oh well. He's the best player and theyll take him guaranteed unless they trade.

2. New Orleans: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

With the loss of Wayne Gandy I think this is where he'll go. Obviously the guy could move down, but only if New Orleans trades the pick.

3. Tennessee: Matt Leinart, QB, USC

Norm Chow coordinates Tennessee's offense. Norm Chow coaches Leinart in college. I hope you see the connection. Leinart could start this year. Vince young could start on a team that doesn't want to win any games.

4. N.Y. Jets: Mario Williams, DE, N.C. State

The Jets' lost John Abraham to the Falcons in the offseason. There isn't a better fit on the board for him to go. They'll have to pass on the QB for now.

5. Green Bay: A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State

Rumors say he's going there. That most likely means he's not.

6. San Francisco: Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland

I've only heard a million good things about this guy and San Francisco isn't going to pick up a savior. I think a guy that can run, catch, and block on that offense would help prove whether Smith has it or not. Safe pick.

7. Oakland: Vince Young, QB, Texas

Brooks signed a 2 year deal, but I don't think Oakland was happy to get him. Who would be? Young will come in and sit for 2 years and people will still be surprised that Cutler is still on the board.

8. Buffalo: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon

Buffalo needs run defense help. This guy can rush the passer too.

9. Detroit: Michael Huff, DB, Texas

They're not going to take a quarterback Red. And McCown is not the starter... Kitna is. Best defensive player in the draft. Can play corner or safety two positions the Lions could stand to improve on.

10. Arizona: Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

Arizon is DYING to get a quarterback in this draft. I think Cutler is going to fall to them no matter what people are saying about the Jets.

11. St. Louis: Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State

Quick, talented... St. Louis needs defense. I could also see them picking Jimmy Williams here. We'll see.

12. Cleveland: Kamerion Wimbley, DE, Florida State

I've only heard good things about this kid and also about how much Phil Savage likes him. That's all crap though. Cleveland could pick a player at any position.

13. Baltimore: Winston Justice, OT, USC

The Ravens need offensive line. If they bring in McNair, which would be such a good idea, a right tackle to play opposite Ogden could be the best move possible.

14. Philadelphia: Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State

I forget, who's playing wide receiver in Philly? Right...

15. Denver: Chad Jackson, WR, Florida

The Broncos will almost assuredly go wide receiver and running back in the first round or my name is Mickey Mouse.

16. Miami: Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State

Sims in Seau out.

17. Minnesota: Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa

I keep thinking Minnesota will finally draft a linebacker because they're so awful at LB... and they never do. Consistency is a fools virtue. Greenway is better than both the Ohio State guys. Trust the guy who watches enough Big Ten football to know.

18. Dallas: Manny Lawson, LB, N.C. State

Nick Mangold would be fine here too. Yes he would shut up.

19. San Diego: Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech

San Diego has holes in the secondary. This kid could move up too.. don't forget I said that.

20. Kansas City: Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State

If one of those Defensive Linemen doesn't drop down here... I can't see them going LB or offense. Cromartie is simply my favorite player left on the board in the secondary. However, my favorite players usually die off after making a little bit of noise.

21. New England: DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama

Every year the Patriots pick someone I don't think they will. I guarantee they don't pick Ryans to replace McGinnest. (NOW DO IT!!!)

22. San Francisco: Deangelo Williams, RB, Memphis

Possibly a stud running back. Time to fill the weapons in around Smith and prove he sucks.

23. Tampa Bay: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

Kiwanuka was 4th on a lot of boards back when the college season ended. He dropped far, but past here would simply be disrespectful. Tampa is young and good on offense, defense they're dominant. *flips coin*

24. Cincinnati: Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State

The Bengals don't need a center... this year... but Braham is old and in the last year of his contract. He'll go in this spot.

25. N.Y. Giants: Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State

Better pro than AJ Hawk... believe it.

26. Chicago: Tye Hill, CB, Clemson

Mushin Muhammad is still good enough to keep the Bears looking at holes on the defense that was totally overrated by everyone except me last year.

27. Carolina: Lendale White, RB, USC

Who on the board looks most like Stephen Davis? Yeah... I think fatty does too.

28. Jacksonville: Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State

Spicer is gone... Hali is in. There's talk about Hali dropping into the second round, I think he'll stop here.

29. N.Y. Jets: Eric Winston, OT, Miami

A nice offensive line pick. If for SOME ODD REASON Mangold is still here. You can bet he'd go in this spot.

30. Indianapolis: Thomas Howard, LB, Texas-El Paso

Again... the Colts lost David Thornton... it makes sense.

31. Seattle: Davin Joseph, G, Oklahoma

Seattle needs a replacement for Hutch. Joseph isn't Hutch material, but exactly how good does a guard need to be when he's next to Walter Jones and in front of Shaun Alexander. Joseph would work just fine.

32. Pittsburgh: Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan

Giant Gabe who plays like a beast when he wants to and then falls asleep on the rest of the downs. In Pittsburgh, he'll play like a beast on every play. I'm not going to post a list and not have a Michigan guy going in the first round. Deal with it.

Fire Dragon Cavaliers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well you're both already wrong. Houston just signed Mario Williams. No joke. I'm watching live coverage on NFL network.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy crap, I just saw that. Will the 'Aints take him even though they have 70,000 million tied up with Deuce? A two back system with Deuce and Bush, insane!

I doubt Green Bay will take Davis. Sure Davis is a physical specimen, but they need help at linebacker, safety and on the o-line. Bubba Franks is fine, he was injured last season, but he's a fine redzone threat. Everyone says Hawk.

I highly doubt Arizona takes another receiver. Unless Matt Millen took over control, Fitz, Boldin and Johnson are plenty. I bet they're going to draft on the line. Either OT or DT.

One thing, the buckeyes LBs, one will be a bust. Everyone is saying Hawk is the safest pick, he's the man.... but I'm sure one will be a bust.

Carpenter and Arrington would terrorize the NFC East. From what I've herad, the G-men are looking for another OLB.

Philly has never drafted on immediate need. Their immediate need is WR but they have some young kids coming up Greg Lewis looked alright at times. Reggie Brown was a 2nd rounder and it always takes at least a year for PHilly wideouts to digest Reid's playbook. Linebacker and offensive line in my opinion. The trendy pick is Winston but I wouldn't be surprised if they addressed their linebacking corps.

Steelers wouldn't take Gabe Watson. They play a 3-4 and Watson is not a 3-4 end. He's a NT and they've resigned Hampton to a 4 year deal for some nice coin. The only way they take Watson is to move him to end to replace Kimo.

Man, I can't wait. 14 more hours roughly

I'm still shocked the Texans passed on Bush. They drafted a defensive linemen in the first round last year too didn't they?

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: