Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Valkyrie Profile 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, July?

Noooooooooooo!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, i too feel your pain, Capt. Controversy. I too... feel your pain.... :(

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There has been a translation discussion on gamefaqs that confirmed that Leone has nothing to do with Hrist, and treasure hunts with Arngrim (or at least is buddy buddy with him). It also elaborates on Silmeria's function as a valkyrie and how her "Einherjar" will be collected, as she isn't working for Odin at the time.

Quote:
New feature: Object Reading
This is Silmeria's unique ability. She/Alicia can read the remnants of thoughts and emotions in objects you encounter throughout the game. Use this ability to open up new pathways, learn more about the past of people and the world, and... gain Einherjars.

The example shown is Alicia's own childhood past. Through a rusty amulet, you see how as a child, she was banished and locked away in a cave. (Alicia is considered "touched" aka all messed up and a Royal embarassment, since she kept seeing/talking to Silmeria.)

New feature: Materialize
Because of Simeria's forced reincarnation, her Valkyrie power is a little off. This affects the Einherjars that sleep inside her. She/Alicia relies on objects/possessions left behind by the deceased to regain their memories and identities. Silmeria then can reconstruct the "forgotten" Einherjars.

As Einherjars becomes stronger (both power and will/identity-wise), they eventually regain their full flesh and blood body and is reborn as human beings again. They are then freed from their role as Einherjars. In this game Silmeria is not a Battle Maiden in Odin's service. There is no need to send Einherjars to Valhalla.

Oh yeah, the last panel in this subject hints at the reunion with Einherjars after they have gained freedom. But the sentence simply trails off at that and I can't figure out what's supposed to happen, or if there's any big deal about that even.

Also, another screenshot of the unknown female Einherjar first pointed out by Leb, in the scans:

http://kingdomzeal.nulani.net/vpsilmeria/images/characters/unknown3.jpg
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm....Could Silmeria's power be interpreted as being a Valkyrie that sees the life of the Einherjars?

I'm just saying that so that there could be some sort of connection with her and Lenenth, who could see/hear/feel the deaths of the Einherjars.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New Arngrim cutscene screenshot:

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/vp/vp2/

Full-blown redesign. Aluzi (Arngrim) added to the character list, dungeon trekking added to the System section, new wallpapers (Dylan and Lezard), and a sample of the game's music is embedded onto the site.

The three dungeon shown are Water Temple, Volcano Cave, and the Forest of Spirits (which was in the first game). Good stuff, all-around.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How's the music? I haven't listened yet, but am I the only one who's thought Motoi Sakuraba's kind of on the musical decline?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's say that if someone had told me it was a lost track from Valkyrie Profile, I would've believed it. It's nothing like that rock garbage from Star Ocean 3.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, you were right, Leb. The music sounds great. Just hearing it brings back so many Valkyrie Profile memories. And Star Ocean 2 memories, as well.

New screenshots look great, as well.

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Our Hrist is now officially confirmed!

There's more pics of her in my site (see my sig). She looks so pretty! Now hopefully people won't be getting that creepy vibe from her. I always loved Hrist.[/url]
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*drool*

Um.

Excuse me.

Of all of the games on the PS2 recently, virtually no games have interested me enough for me to follow the hype. I didn't get that excited about Dragon Quest 8, Final Fantasy XII, or Suikoden V. I didn't really latch on to Xenosaga or Disgaea 2 or anything like that. The last game I bought on the release date was Phantom Brave... I didn't think that was a good purchase.

Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria is the only game that's been released in the past two and a half years that I'm actually really, really excited to see.

AHH Valkyrie Profile AUGH how I miss you. I wish my little Valkyrie Profile game actually worked out, because it had such a promising group of writers and had a good story concept. I had such grand ideas for that game. *nostalgia*

A friend of mine will be REALLY excited to know that Hrist is in this game. She's an immense Hrist fan. I might have to become an immense Hrist fan too because you know... she's like, hot and all.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

North American release confirmed.

http://na.square-enix.com/e306/titles/vp2/

Now, if you're like me, you'll instictively mash the living crap out of the "Playable Demo" tab on the website, but that's just showing what they will have at E3.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like we're getting VP: Lenneth, too. Which surprises me. I assumed it would go the way of Suikoden I&II, and I'd have to import it...

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

North American release, yayaya. I can hardly wait.

That Hrist looks so cool. I like it a lot better than her one weird looking picture from Valkyrie Profile.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New information! Scroll down to Information translated from French article: to seeeee

http://kingdomzeal.nulani.net/vpsilmeria/summary.shtml#spo

Also, Square-Enix updated the official site the other day and now we have...FMV PICCIES!!

[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: