Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I need a flipping map!! (spoiler)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes...the Twilight Forest was not a fun place to try and navigate. I got a bit tired of fighting whatever the local monsters were by the time I finally gave up on trying to find any more treasure and just started looking for the way into the Sindar Ruins. Of course, that took me half an hour by itself, counting the battles and load times. The only issue with this game as opposed to Suikoden II is that the camera in areas and the 3-D environments make passageways much harder to see than they could ever be in the straight up top-down sprite game.

I didn't have much trouble navigating on the world map, actually, but I did have trouble with some of the towns being semi-ridiculous...Sol-Falena comes to mind...and also, I wasn't even aware that Estrise existed until someone happened to mention it during one of the War Room meetings. I knew Boz was lord of some town over in that Barows-ish area, but it's so far out of the way that I'd never been anywhere near it while I was slumming around in Rainwall.

It then took me forever to figure out where there might be a town that I hadn't visited. Considering how many bloody stars there were to recruit in Estrise, that was a bit irritating...but I guess I would have had to go there eventually as part of the storyline anyway.

Still, minor navigational difficulties abounded in this game. It was one of several small issues which nettled me through my entire game experience, and unfortunately, dropped my initially sterling opinion of Suikoden V a couple of notches. I still liked it better than either Suikoden IV or Suikoden Tactics...but I don't think I'll ever enjoy 3-D games as much as I enjoyed the old school RPGs. Alas, for my era has already passed.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
Yes...the Twilight Forest was not a fun place to try and navigate. I got a bit tired of fighting whatever the local monsters were by the time I finally gave up on trying to find any more treasure and just started looking for the way into the Sindar Ruins. Of course, that took me half an hour by itself, counting the battles and load times. The only issue with this game as opposed to Suikoden II is that the camera in areas and the 3-D environments make passageways much harder to see than they could ever be in the straight up top-down sprite game.

i was the same way with the twilight forest. i just felt like i was always just going around in circles and since i didn't have the champion rune it took me a much longer time than it would have. that place was the only confusing place to navigate to me. it's like if you think your going the right way you arn't. the first i was there it felt like i was going the right way and what do you know, i'm right at the very begining and had to do it all over again.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was very excited when I discovered what I thought to be an important side pathway that led me to the entrance to the dwarven tunnels, only to feel the burning anger of a thousand fiery suns upon discovering that I couldn't actually go in that way, and that I'd actually managed to backtrack to the very start of the bloody place. I was not in the most wonderful mood by the time my characters finally made it to the Sindar Ruins. If the game wasn't so outrageously easy, as far as the battles go that is, I probably would have died long before getting there...since I didn't bring the Champion Rune, either.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i found that side trail to, which is where i thought you had to go since i was running all around and some how stumbled onto that place. when i found out i was back at the begining i was super pissed. i just started running around for the next 20 minutes and finally i got through that dam forest.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: