Suikoden United and Informational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Amusing Suikoden 2 thingy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Amusing Suikoden 2 thingy Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake and I have been playing SUikoden II recently and the weirdest thing happened. We were in Matilda, playing the military battle where Luca and company are pursuing the refugees. Luca's unit moves up next to one of the refugees and attacks. The refugee unit takes one sword of damage ... and manage to deal one sword of damage back to Luca! During the battle where you have to wound Luca later on I used Jeane's Lightning Magic, both of Tsai's Fire Spears and both of Teresa's Bombardments to no avail and finally on Gilbert's fifth attack I finally got him.

Too bad you couldn't save the refugees. They would have been an astounding unit!

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i got that during the muse refugee battle. they always gave luca one strike and they did the same with jowy.

it's all just a think of luck, luckly i just use one fire spear on him to wound luca, if that doesn't work it takes a bit of time unless i get lucky on the second fire spear.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually managed to get a Refugee unit all the way to the wall somehow, but Luca managed to kill it off before it could cross the gate. Lucky jerk!
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ooooh. imagine what would have happened if they managed to cross that border line? maybe your game crashes eh?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's prolly made to where they can't cross the border. but really they prolly won't be able to since gorudo and the matilda army don't budge at all.

Zorrow

0 Potch
348 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always notice they take the longer way. Or something like that if they are near Matilda. Which is so frustrating.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just know that they always go north towards the border then they head west. i've never seen them get half way to where the border checkpoint is. so i don't know if they take a longer way than they do.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, maybe Gorudo wouldn't let them in even if they did make it... He wouldn't want to risk gaining Highland's animosity by harboring their enemies.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
i just know that they always go north towards the border then they head west. i've never seen them get half way to where the border checkpoint is. so i don't know if they take a longer way than they do.

indeed, and with the troops your given youre stuck without cavalry to provide shielding as well, one would think the refugees would kinda take the direct route to matilda since they know theyre gonna get hunted anyway not dart into the forests reach the wall then waste 47 turns finding the gate. :P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yoonathan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I once got a unit to the entrance bit wall, but it doesn't cross freaking lame.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, is it possible to actually BEAT luca there? Well, I'm sure that if you did rout all their troops, it would simply cause a loop and the battle would never end.

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That play through we did was buggy all the way around. I couldn't get the computer to drop anything it should have from battle, but I would get rare finds galoore. Even to the point of getting 3 furry runes at the same time.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Buff wrote:

indeed, and with the troops your given youre stuck without cavalry to provide shielding as well, one would think the refugees would kinda take the direct route to matilda since they know theyre gonna get hunted anyway not dart into the forests reach the wall then waste 47 turns finding the gate. :P

well it is a high wall, so it can be hard for them to find it if they never been to it. they just brush up against the wall, hopeing a matilda glitch would work and a hole just opens up against the wall. but i wish there was a way to save them to see like a special scene like when your able to save ridley and instead of him delevring the message you have leon deliver it.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
eXistence of Fly wrote:
Buff wrote:

well it is a high wall, so it can be hard for them to find it if they never been to it. they just brush up against the wall, hopeing a matilda glitch would work and a hole just opens up against the wall. but i wish there was a way to save them to see like a special scene like when your able to save ridley and instead of him delevring the message you have leon deliver it.

That's another possibility of what could happen if you wipe out Highland's forces. But considering how rushed it sounds like they were in making the game, that's extremely improbable... their capture is a key point in the game as well.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya i know it's a key point, just cause it sets up on how furious miklotov is and how he wants to go check out muse to see whats going on there, and helps him decide to quite the matilda knights and join riou along with camus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: