Suikoden Unique and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pet Shop of Horrors

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Pet Shop of Horrors Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*weeeek* Hello?

yes, has anyone else...read, or is reading this Manga? I don't know if the english translation is "butcherd" or not, but I found it a bit to my liking....strang little thing, its "Shojo Horror" which to some people dosen't sound like horror for girls exists, but I guess tastes run mor frequent than some think.

anway, I found it in a bookstore...I had to go to Long Ilsand to visit "family" and we had some time, not to mention we needed to pick up a birthday present...our purpose of travling to the island was also for Easter. Thus, my little morbid graphic novel became "shorta a easter present".

does anyone here find things confussing? I have the 3rd (collection?) bunch of episodes....and the one with the Cranes shorta confussed me.

anway, sorry for the "new" form of typing, I want to see what its like not to be myself.

anway....lets discuss

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yaaaaaay! I have it and I like it a lot! It amuses me (which I should probably be worried about, given the content).

Some of the stories are pretty disturbing (I'm thinking of the one with the bunnies and... yeah, that was just weird). The author sure makes the American cop seem like an ignorant pig, hahahaha.

I am not sure if the translation has been slaughtered, since I've never seen the original, but it seems good enough (yay, the translators aren't treating us like kids! There is cussing! whoamg) and it's consistent.

I think I have up to volume seven.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeh....I hate buying shit. I got (thankfully) volume 2 and 3 in a trade (art for manga)

Its a shame they only made 4 episodes into an animated version.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I noticed that. I almost want to check it out, but I'm a bit wary of wasting my money. I kinda wanna see it... do you have the anime? Be it good?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have it, but you can see "its offical page" and a teaser for it on the Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust DVD.(and VHS?)

Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to keep that in mind... if it is 'cool' like the manga, I may consider picking it up.
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*sigh* I love D. He's the best.
I found the story of the people who wanted to lose weight sort of confusing. The pearl thing was weird and what was with the boxer dude? But yeah, I saw some stuffs for the anime and I think that one of the episodes had the basilisk in it, which happened to be a story I really liked, so I was tempted to buy it...but I bought the manga instead because I find that manga is better than anime....I don't know why though :roll: .
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i may have to add that to my list of 'mangas to try' along with the ring; i like the horror ones, and even though it's not really horror, you might like 'red river.' it's set in ancient turkey, which was ruled by hittites *yes, biblical reference, but this is anything but religious in nature* but there are more than a few disturbing twist in it.

i've noticed that horror ones aren't that popular, unfortunately...there just aren't many of them.

model ended up being a decent read, suprisingly enough, since the back didn't make it sound that good *stupid sucky description;* so far, i like the main character, jae, she's pretty spunky, considering her wallflower image.

Last edited by sybillious on Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Bride of Deimos a lot, but the translation is horrid... oh well. It's a cool horror, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: