Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tattoos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blahh...I dont' know what would be worse..Tribal tatoos or Suikoden Tattoos...to be honest Tribal Tatoo's are in my opinion are still realllly lame. Atleast with the suikoden tatoo's so far not too many people have had them done so they still remain to be pretty scared and unique. When I think about it though, something like The Beast Rune, wouldn't be that bad, you can just say it's a artistic design of a wolve if anyone asks...but I dont' know if I'd want it on my wrist either... Once I actually find the money for a tattoo I still think it'll be cool getting a checkers crown...ooh well

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to dis you Buff or anyone else with "Tribal" or "Celtic" tattoos, but besides looking cool, what relevance do they have to a personal meaning? I know the "your body, your rules" line and I think that goes. If you want to have it, who am I to say otherwise. However, I see the tribal/celtic tattoo look everywhere, so its no longer an individuality issue. With people who get Batman or Superman tattoos they obviously love the comics. If Adelaide wants a Suikoden tattoo, thats fine because he/she loves Suikoden, but if you get a tribal tatoo or a celtic tatoo, either you must be from a tribe or a celtic druidic society for them to have true meaning to you. It irks me, and don't flame me for it, that someone gets a tattoo of an irrelevant object on their body. If you are a wiccan, I can understand a pagan mark, but if you're a rebellious 19 year old getting a tribal tattoo because it "looks cool" and that is all, then you need to wait a few years to mature a little bit. The concept of "lifetime commitment" hasn't sunk into you yet.

Now that that is out of the way, I have a lot of praise for those who love something so much that they get their logo permanantly placed on their body. Sure, what was said earlier (Ice maybe said it?) makes sense, that getting a logo of a team may not be wise because teams move or allegiances change. But if you're a diehard fan of the Philidelphia Flyers (I beleive it was PF who wanted a Flyers tattoo) then you know you'll be a Flyers fan until the day you die. Also, even if the NHL collapses or the Flyers somehow move (Never gonna happen though, Philly is too great a city) PF will still love the Philadelphia Flyers for what they were and he'll still sport the tattoo proudly. I know a 40 something man who has the old Sabres logo.

Yes it is outdated but the love for the team, and the era of greatness it represents means something to him so the placement is justified. Nobody comes up to him and says "Hey, thats an Old logo, you suck" most people who see it reckognize the hommage and respect him for it. Anyone who would publicly say something negative to him isn't a true fan of the Sabres and they're just ignorant.

Getting a video game based tattoo is cool, so long as its your favorite game. I have seen some sweet tattoos over the surfing of the internet the past few years. I have seen a 3D looking Link holding the Triforce, an NES sprite Mario hitting a ? Box as well as Samus fighting off several Metroids. These people didn't get these tatoos just because they looked cool, it was obviously one of their favorite, if not their ultimate favorite game. Those games are timeless and nobody can discourage those. However there ARE some dated tattoos that can be criticized. Toejam and Earl, Earthworm Jim as well as other lesser known video game personalities. But again I deliver them props for admiring those games enough to place the images on their body. At least its not one of those "cool at the time" fad tattoos (like the Nightmare Before Christmas tattoos that are popping up all over. Yeah, Jack is cool, but if Hot Topic and merchandising reps didn't decide that was going to be popular, then they'd never have the tattoss. That is unless they actually LOVED the movie, which few who like Jack or Oogie Boogie truly do.)

Would I Ever get a Suikoden Tattoo? Probably not. While yes it is one of my favorite series of RPG (I love Final Fantasy also) I do not see myself placing the image of True Water (my favorite rune) on myself anywhere. Nor do I see myself placing Vivi Ornitier or Locke Cole on me, dispite liking those characters. I hold my body more sacred. I do have two tatoos, one on each ankle. The left has Libra and the right has Scorpio. They look Similar to:

Except no words, and mine are all black. Besides that, they basically look like that. I was born on the cusp of both and my personality is equally charactaristic of both signs.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-X-

Last edited by Bright Shield Rune bearer on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
PesmegraisYuber

-85350 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden wrote:
I have got an tattoo on my right shoulder. It's high enough so that nobody sees it if I don't want to show it. And it's a Chinese symbol which means law. I think I wouldn't get a tattoo out of an video game, because that could look weird in older years. But maybe Suikoden is a difference, but I wouldn't like to have the same tattoo as anybody else who choose something from this game...
A Pesmegra Fighting Yuber Tattoo
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Pesmerga is Yuber.
PesmegraisYuber

-85350 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I meant to say I would get a tattoo of Yuber and Pesmegra fighting on my back in full color Painful but beautiful none the less.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have any tattoos, but I know if I got one it would be a videogame tattoo of some sort.

I think the Beast Rune would make an awesome back tattoo (from shoulder to shoulder). The Dawn and Twilight runes would make good tattoos, too, I think. They could be side by side or one on each arm or something. I was thinking of getting a soul eater or rune of beginning tat on my arm or leg. I don't have any money though :( .
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you do get a tatoo, make sure you have the necessary rune before it is engraved into your skin.

But anyway... I dont think getting a sui tatoo is a bad idea... its not like a band or something like that where 5 years from now the band will be mocked and/or you will have absoloutely no faith in them. Like people with ICP tatoos. Someone got one 2 years ago and they're already out, as far as I know.

Suikoden, on the other hand, is going to last for quite a while. There's going to be at least 5 more games, with 2 - 3 years in between... that's going to last for quite a while. And I'm sure that they will extend the series as long as possible in order to make the munnies.

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have put it on myself not cause is 'in' , i have put it cause of it's great metaphorical meaning and a good story that's behind it.
Defekt

2067 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any new thoughts on the Suiko-tattoo subject, or anyone recently got a related tattoo?

Moreso, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas other than runes? A friend got the Soul Eater on his left forearm, and is getting the Beast Rune soon on the other arm... but what about stuff that's even less obvious?

For example, I think a recreation of the Beast Rune incarnation would make an awesome tattoo. Or the Unicorn Zombie in SuikoV (from a side view, it looks pretty awesome). Anything else you guys can think of?
Shagami

Magatsuhi

134625 Potch
10 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i was to get a tattoo from suiko it would be wither blue moon rune or Rune of punishment

18236 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to get the get the blue moon rune or soul eater done on my arm. I was going to get it last night, but i need to find a decent picture of or design to show to the designer. Anyone here got any pics or know where to find some???? I have two other tattoos and once you start getting tats its hard to stop, but thats just me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: