Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Next Tenkai weapon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as the hero doesn't use a hula-hoop or something ridiculous. I've never been a fan of blunt weapons. Not the staff, the tonfas or the tri-nunchakus. For me, Lazlo was the Tenkai with better weapons of choice.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If my prediction of it taking place on the Western Continent is correct, then we really have no idea what to expect. I'm sure the culture there is vastly different than anything we've ever seen. I'm not much of a fan of heavy weapons, and so far from what I've played the hero has alway wielded a light weapon. So I really don't know. Maybe something with blades on two ends?

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blades on two ends, similar to Kyril's Swallow? I'll have to admit that I think Kyril's weapon is the best we've seen for the Tenkai/main character. Second best being Riou's Tonfa. Those were plain old, flat out sweet.

Like Yvl said (hehe, cool name its so... Yvl!) I dopubt the weapon for the tenkai will be heavy to weild. Something swift and effective. Of the spear class weaponry, the Naginata is fairly easy to weild in comparison to say, Nakula's weapon or Lun's harpoon.

Or like I've proposed before, a bow or some other form of longer ranged weaponry. I don't see too many combersome long range weapons. The most "combersome" would be a harmonian rifle like the Sturm, and that's not altogether too hard to weild. But we won't be seing an HGV Tenkai ever, so that is out of the question.

Hrestlan, I can see not liking the blunt weapons, however the sword on the hero thing is really overused in RPGs. Think about it. Cloud (FF7), Terra (FF6), Squall (FF8), Tidus (FFX), Fayt (Star Ocean 3), Crono (Chrono Trigger), Ryu (Breath of Fire series) and countless other heroes weild swords. Yes they are cool, but they are totally ovewrdone. Suikoden seems to have built its heroes on the non-conventional. In no other game has a hero weilded Tonfa or a Tri-Nunchaku. Aside from Kyril, only Serge from Chrono Cross has used the Swallow.

If a bladed object is preferred, I'm always for the Hugo or Miakis style dual daggers. Fast, efficient and stylish to boot. Or, to be different, the Katar. Handheald daggers similar to Childerich's weapons. Perhaps the tri-katar would be a nice alternative. Instead of 1 blade it has three smaller blades protruding out.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A baseball bat~

Or be like Wakka from FFX and hit people with Balls.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a question why can't there be a gun why can't we have someone from HVG as a Tenkai for all we know we may get a Tenkai that was able to stay long enough to get a gun but then saw corruptness and ran away and then the one sent to kill him ended up believing he was dead when they believe the person really died((maybe that can be part of the story and ends up going to somewhere far away

And if it is in Northern Continet for all we know thay can be more advacned the the Southern Continent Since the Northern Continent has never really been mentioned we can still see a gun cause the HVG may be the only people to get guns in their area and perhaps Falena. But it is not impossible
And another long-range oppratunity can be
Crossbow
a gadget((maybe he is a family of inventors and there is a true gadget rune somewhere
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a question why dont you use puctuation why dont you make sense when you type things out.

mumbay wrote:
And if it is in Northern Continet for all we know thay can be more advacned the the Southern Continent Since the Northern Continent has never really been mentioned

Northern Continent has been seen. In fact the first three games take place in the Northern Continent. We just saw the southern continent for the first time in Suikoden V.

Why can't there be a gun? because the HGV are the only people in Suikoden who are given guns and are trained to use them. Why can't we have an HGV Tenkai? We could technically, but the game would have to be set in Harmonia where The Tower is and well, I don't seriously think that is going to happen right now.

mumble-ay wrote:
why can't we have someone from HVG as a Tenkai for all we know we may get a Tenkai that was able to stay long enough to get a gun but then saw corruptness and ran away and then the one sent to kill him ended up believing he was dead when they believe the person really died((maybe that can be part of the story and ends up going to somewhere far away

I THINK thats where this run-on sentence began, who can really tell though. Sure that is one of millions of potential stories a game could have, but again, like I said, and most other members of this forum agree, a game in Harmonia or starring an HGV Tenkai would be very hard to do and they'd have a lot of questions to answer. Its not a popular idea. We're more likely to see something in one of the other nations from V or a lesser known place than Harmonia.

That Guy wrote:
we can still see a gun cause the HVG may be the only people to get guns in their area and perhaps Falena. But it is not impossible
And another long-range oppratunity can be
Crossbow
a gadget((maybe he is a family of inventors and there is a true gadget rune somewhere

So here you DO use the period for the first time in your post, but then you follow it up with a sentence beginning in the word "but" which is a big gramatical no-no, then use the enter button three times in the middle of the sentence. I normally wouldn't go off on someone like this but this is a very constant routine in your posts. I don't care what your native laguage is, there IS putuation and there aren't breaks in the middle of sentences.

There was a Crossblow in Suikoden V, Lu had it and she had a gadget rune I think it was called. I think a crossbow wouldn't be a horrible weapon for a tenkai, as I have stated numerous times my love for long range weapons. Oh, and about the Gun thing, nobody native to Falena has a gun. Cathari is from Harmonia and the HGV. I don't think a bow weapon will happen but I would like to see it.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Prince Kiryu

2500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, I guess... Fists. yeah, why not?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
Blades on two ends, similar to Kyril's Swallow? I'll have to admit that I think Kyril's weapon is the best we've seen for the Tenkai/main character. Second best being Riou's Tonfa. Those were plain old, flat out sweet.

Like Yvl said (hehe, cool name its so... Yvl!) I dopubt the weapon for the tenkai will be heavy to weild. Something swift and effective. Of the spear class weaponry, the Naginata is fairly easy to weild in comparison to say, Nakula's weapon or Lun's harpoon.

@.@ What game is that? I don't know who Kyril is ; ;

Whee~ more compliments on my name, thanks!

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see the next hero use a rubber chicken! No really! Think how cool that would be! It could have a super sharp beak and the combos would look amazing!

And Yvl Kyril is the hero in Suikoden Tactics.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about a Jo? It's somewhat a cousin of the Bo, and it seems very versatile.

http://www.academyofcombat.co.nz/weaponary.html

It lacks a bit of the coolness factor though...

They will probably stick with the sticks *laugh* nobody has complained about them [sarcasm] and they give that "Suiko Feel" [/sarcasm]
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I acctually think something like Ace's dual Sai would be pretty cool. It may be a little odd, since it's bladed and not very long like the typical Tenkai weapon, but I think it'd be cool none the less. More so if he used them as cool as Ace does during III's intro movie. A sword COULD work, but It'd have to be one that's a bit more unique. Something like Cao Pi's weapon in Dynasty Warriors V/Kyril's weapon.

Or we could just him some sword chcuks.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Rikimaru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what about a shield or somethin?
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One bit to consider when giving the Tenkai his weapon is... How well can he duel with it? Which is one reason long range weapons don't work too well.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that the Tenkai should throw barrels. It would be sort of like Donkey Kong, from the original arcade game, where he rolled barrels down the girders at you. Or maybe like the later Donkey Kong, where he could actually throw them overhead and do a reasonably good job of targetting enemies and defeating them with a well-timed barrel to the face. Or is that a bit too on the ridiculous side?

In that case, I think he should have a hat with a razor blade plated on the brim, which he should throw at enemies. It would be like watching James Bond all over again, and I really am down for that.

On a more serious note, a weapon that I'd actually like to see the Tenkai wield would something like a polearm perhaps. Kyril's swallow-type weapon was pretty cool, and I think that a glaive or poleaxe could be a good weapon. It's not quite so common or as boring as a sword, and unlike some other weapons which could be interesting, it could potentially be wielded by someone of lesser build. One important thing to remember about Suikoden Tenkai Stars is that none of them are built like a tank, they're all younger kids mostly with fairly slender builds. Although that's not necessarily reflected in their stats, it would still be a bit ridiculous to imagine Tir McDohl with a claymore, or Lazlo swinging around a spiked chain, or something.

I'd mostly prefer that it wasn't another stick. I probably won't get my wish, but beggars can't be choosers, and I really want another Suikoden game to play.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott wrote:
Or we could just him some sword chcuks.

Now sword chucks would be an interesting development. Perhaps they could combine the sword chucks with the tri-staff idea to create a tri-sword-chuck. It would be unique and you couldn't make the argument that it's just a rip off of the big sword idea. It wouldn't even count as a double weapon since all of the blades would be linked though chains. Throwing in a shield would be a good idea too. Perhaps the Tenkai could use the shield as an alternate weapon and hit people with it. Shield-bash them in the face at the end of the duel or something like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: