Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Simpsons...... Movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This movie is waaaaaaaay to late. SIx or seven years? I would have made it 10 years ago or more. SOuth park's movie came out soon after the series started and it was fantastic. SImpsons has gotten stale and repetitive and even though I will see the movie, I know already it will be disappointing.

As for the "trailer."

WORDS
WILL
FLY
AT
YOU
VERY
QUICKLY!

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This indeed is proof it has hit rock bottom. Matt Groening specifically has refused to play any marathons or movies because he "didn't want it to get old too quickly." Just shows he's put his own beliefs on the side to try to save the series.

Doesn't mean I won't see it though. >.>;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't say I'm surprised that they're making a Simpsons movie now. The show is an American icon, it's probably the longest-running television show with a consistent cast ever to be aired. It started off as brilliant satire on the American nuclear family...you know...twenty years ago. It's probably too late for redemption now, and I probably won't even see the film unless I hear some good reviews from others...just like how I haven't watched the Simpsons in six or seven years. Of course, I haven't watched television in six or seven years, but that's beside the point.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There seems to be a significant amount of hatred for this idea, and its quite justified. Yes, it does seem too late for the movie to be made. However I will probably see it and with an objective mind because I know that it can still be a good movie. Just because the series has "run dry" as many of you claim, I still think that the script writing can be done for a movie. Perhaps there's an issue that Groening wnats to do but rather than make a four part episode, he's just going to make into a movie.

You can't say it is going to suck just because you feel the series is past its prime. If a sequel to Crystalis were to come out for PS2 you wouldn't say "Dude, its WAY too late, if they made it back on SNES or even N64 it'd be warranted but dude, its been forever since the original."

Heck, I know people who feel that Family Guy is a crap show because of the excessive amout of non-plot related interchangable jokes (the very reason South Park's recent attack on Family Guy was so hillarious) but they watched the movie and said it was funny and worth watching.

The Simpsons are still funny, while not being in the hayday it once was, it still is one of Fox's best shows, and Sunday Night wouldn't be the same withoput it. If the series were really SO far downhill it would have been dropped long ago. Look what happened with King of the Hill or Will & Grace. Those shows started to lose their greatness and so their audience stopped watching them and they've been cancelled (well Will & Grace is bowing out gracefully, but its definitely because its reached all it can do) The Simpsons STILL receive decent ratings, even for reruns. If you personally dislike the show and feel its not good, then why watch it still? Apparently there are still more than enough people who love the show to give it these acceptible ratings. Enough of an audience that a movie is a safe gamble.

If the movie turns out to be a Bloodrayne or Basic Instict 2 and poops out in the Box Office then you'll all be right. But I HIGHLY doubt that will happen because as far as I can tell, America still loves the 4 fingered, yellow skinned family from Springfield, USA.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mister Alucard would say this movie is a risktaker, series like the Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, and so so so many more are all wonderfull pieces of humor, but they only last (+/- as they all those series variate) 30 minutes, but will they be able to fill a whole movie with dumb homer ?? :?

(Ok so they most likely will)

Spongebob Squarepanths the movie was dissapointing to be honest, as the colors and drawing style changed if compared to the episodes but that are just my eyes who are picky on the drawing skills -_-
(^ example that movies not always beat the series)

Ah welll...
Let's hope it turns out ok, only one way to find out :D

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: